Lauren's diary - a new year, & a new beginnings!

I would spread those calories out not for weight loss needs but if you feel sick you need to eat less at a time. I went from 600cal to 2000 no issue other then feeling too full. If your going to eat for a couple of days eat high cal small items like nuts dry fruit ice cream ;). You've just go.r through a very sh*it week. Just eat and keep exercising. Maybe just write down all that you eat and amounts without counting? Also add how you feel when you ate a certain thing. It may help.over eating without calorie guilt issues. Just keep am eye on what you do hun.

I only managed 590 calories yesterday, and weighed this morning and I'm 2lbs up from yesterday. I know weight fluctuates day to day and I should weigh once a week which I normally do, but with the recent events I've been weighing every morning to see what this breakup is doing to me.. and now I'm worried that eating will pile the weight on because I'm 2lbs heavier today from only eating 590 cals!! :(

Good morning Lauren
I'm just catching up on your diary after having a crap week in terms of CC I totally fell off the wagon but have somehow managed to STS with a 5lb loss
I'm so very sorry about your personal circumstances I won't ask any questions but maybe your were unhappier than you thought, in the relationship and sought comfort in food
I hope you & your son settle into a new routine/life and ate very happy
I'm not even going to comment on food at this point cos it's not as relevant/important ad your emotional wellbeing honey
Take care
Xx

How ironic I misspelled 'are' with 'ate'! What a numpty eh x

I only managed 590 calories yesterday, and weighed this morning and I'm 2lbs up from yesterday. I know weight fluctuates day to day and I should weigh once a week which I normally do, but with the recent events I've been weighing every morning to see what this breakup is doing to me.. and now I'm worried that eating will pile the weight on because I'm 2lbs heavier today from only eating 590 cals!! :(

Ditch the scales hunny.

For one even though you ate only 'x' amount doesnt mean you won't gain weight. You just put food in your body but has the food came out yet? Once you eat you gain weight you can gain 10lbs in a day just from consuming food. You have not ate for a few days thus yes you would have lost some weight but you also lost all the water and food that was in you too. Weight isn't just a number. You had water weight muscle weight fat weight they are all different and the one you should be looking to get rid of is the fat weight.

Like on any vlcd you gain instantly from eating because you were not eating! I put on a stone when I came off my food replacement it's coming back off. I havent gained a size or anything because I'm now only losing fat instead of lack of food in my body.

Take a deep breath hun it's OK 2lbs is nothing it's when you have put all the weight back on that you lost in the last week plus more that you should worry.

Also you just starved you body for a few days. It isn't going to want to let go of anything you put in it. It will take a few weeks to get your body back in the right sync.

Please please please keep eating and exercising. Forget the calories forget the scales just eat and exercise.

On top of all that TAKE CARE OF YOU AND YOUR CHILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if I sound a Tad harsh but I don't want you hurting yourself by no eating.

Big big big hugs hun you will get though this.

Hey hun

I think this has alot to do with water weight. Try drinking LOADS of water over the next few days & eating too and see if that helps. I'd imagine your body is desperately clinging to food because you've been without.

Try not to worry too much.

xxxxxxxxx

Managed 698 calories today.. It's weigh in day tomorrow so will see how I've done. Was 15st 6lbs last Sunday, so if I'm about 15st as I was this morning then that'll be 12lb off in two weeks! But we'll see what those scales say tomorrow...

& thanks to everyone whose been so supportive, I'm not meaning to be rude or ignorant but I've been in a world of my own the past week.

It's my 2nd weigh in.. and I've lost 8lbs since last week. So that's exactly 14lbs off in two weeks. Feeling slimmer already & lighter on my feet which is nice, and haven't had the nasty knee pain in a while..

Having my hair dyed today & then extensions fitted Tuesday, so that'll perk me up hopefully. Just can't wait to get my confidence back & my old body back.. I think being overweight & insecure made this break up a lot worse than it could've been if I'd been happier!

laurenmay said:
Managed 698 calories today.. It's weigh in day tomorrow so will see how I've done. Was 15st 6lbs last Sunday, so if I'm about 15st as I was this morning then that'll be 12lb off in two weeks! But we'll see what those scales say tomorrow...

& thanks to everyone whose been so supportive, I'm not meaning to be rude or ignorant but I've been in a world of my own the past week.

I'm thinking about you Lauren. Take care, try to build your calories back up and you'll do brilliantly. I like your new profile pic! :) xx

There really is no need to apologise ..!! You have every right to be in. A world of your own x
Hugs xxxxxxxx

Thank you everyone!

Had a real bad tummy today, not sure if its my body trying to adjust to food because I haven't eaten properly in so long. I ate 590 calories Friday, 698 on Saturday, 844 yesterday and gonna aim for 1000 today.. just trying to build it up gradually to 1500 to avoid any weight gain, and touch wood it seems to be working cause I was 14.12 stone this morning so the same as yesterday.

I'm gonna start using my dumbbells and do some squats, lunges, basically body weight training at home every evening to build my strength up.. and then consider going back to the gym regularly when I feel ready.

Taking each day as it comes & hoping I get over this breakup soon. And keeping away from men for a LONG time!!

I've gone straight from 844 calories yesterday to 1251 today. I just hope that I haven't jumped up too high too quickly.. I do feel that I need to get back to normal as soon as possible though & crack on with my journey.

I really wanna start weight training again, if anything just to help ease my stress and relieve some anger! So I'm gonna use my 2KG dumbbells and start with some squats, lunges, side lunges, bicep curls etc in my bedroom first and then get back to the gym when I feel fit enough. Unfortunately there's not much room in my parents house for me to do the shred DVD.

Back