Lauren's diary - a new year, & a new beginnings!

sounds like a plan hun , the CC will work for you just ditch those scales just weigh in once a month even.
x

To true.. Just concentrate on looking after yourself, eat as well as you can, if you don't use up all your calories then have a treat now and then, that's the beauty of calorie counting. wrap up warm and get out walking. It will help to get the metabolism moving again plus you will feel so much better. Stick with it. Xx

Stick with it Hun .. I think maybe that text was a silver lining :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hey everyone :)

Well I'm starting to pick myself up now & feel a bit better. It's been over two weeks and I'm adjusting to life without the ex and adapting into the new routine of living with parents & spending time with my friends, family and son.

What I really wanna focus on is my body & getting it into incredible shape for this summer. I need my confidence and self esteem back!

My appetite is coming back, but the last two weeks I've eaten barely anything and have been stuck at 14.12 stone for a while. I'm constantly bloated & feeling run down, so that must be lack of food.

So tomorrow I'll start eating properly, eating lots of lean protein & low carbs and hitting a good calorie amount. Also need to start weight training too!

Hope everyone else is good :)

great to hear you more upbeat hunni, I think low carb is def the best plan ...its the only thing that works for me
Jo x

Last edited:
Hey everyone :)

Well I'm starting to pick myself up now & feel a bit better. It's been over two weeks and I'm adjusting to life without the ex and adapting into the new routine of living with parents & spending time with my friends, family and son.

What I really wanna focus on is my body & getting it into incredible shape for this summer. I need my confidence and self esteem back!

My appetite is coming back, but the last two weeks I've eaten barely anything and have been stuck at 14.12 stone for a while. I'm constantly bloated & feeling run down, so that must be lack of food.

So tomorrow I'll start eating properly, eating lots of lean protein & low carbs and hitting a good calorie amount. Also need to start weight training too!

Hope everyone else is good :)

Glad you're feeling better x
I have around 100g of carbs a day ... I feel good for it ..!! I'm all for lowering my carbs and upping protein :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Just had a wee nosey through your diary Lauren. Heartbreak hits hard :( I am glad you are starting to feel better though...we often surprise ourselves with how strong we really are when we go through times like this. Good luck with everything :)

yeah me too , I know non of us are athletes ...well I dont but I just know Im cerainly not lol
but Im thinking these women must have such finely tuned machines for bodys that the little tweeks to there diets/eaing habits must have made a realy noticable difference that us mere mortals maybe wouldnt notice so fast.
I think Im most guilty of treating all calories like theyr equal ( like the phrase *you are what you eat* is unheard of;p) especialy on WW ..insted of a meal I would have a bottle of wine and then wonder why Im starving the next day and end up pigging out or my skin looks like crap cos that choccie bar was same points as a banana.

Great link Mo Jo thanks for that!

Hope you are ok Lauren x

Hi Lauren, i can really reason with you, i am a binge eater too and have also been heartbroken.

My partner left me as i got pregnant with my second daughter (she has just turned 3!)...and subsequently decided he could no longer see them once he got his new girlfriend pregnant. It felt like the world was ending.

Anyway...here i am a few years later and i don't even think of him; well apart from when his own family are telling me who he's at it with behind the girlfriends back this time! Lucky escape eh ;)

Time really is the greatest healer...cheesy but true. I wouldn't change any of it either, i am extremely close to my girls as we are on our own, i have to play mum and dad, and i am such a stronger person now than i ever was.

xxx

Thanks everyone for all your caring & kind words, it's really nice and lovely how a bunch of people who've never met can be so connected on here & caring towards each other :)

I spent tonight with one of my closest girl friends who I thought I hadn't seen in about a year.. It turns out we actually hadnt seen each other in 2 years & 2 months, and she's never even met my 19 month old son. It really hit home how much I pushed my friends out & put my life on hold while I was with my ex, and I had the realisation tonight also that I was actually unhappy with him, and this breakup is a blessing in disguise..

It's been 2 and a half weeks & now the heartache and upset is subsiding, and if anything I just feel angry & resentful towards him for how he ended it & some of the hurtful things he said and did during the breakup.. such as commenting how he was so miserable with me sometimes that he used to think he'd rather be dead than come home to see my face -- nice guy eh?

I'm free to live my life how I want it & it's an amazing feeling. My number one priority will always be my son, he's my angel. And I'm determined to take care of myself & get my weight in order and feel happy and healthy again. I also really want & need my friends in my life so I'm grasping at them all and getting in contact again & making sure I see them regularly, cause they're all amazing people and I left them out of my life for far too long.

I can make my life what I want now, I'm 22 and have hopefully many years ahead of me. I'll always love my ex, he's the father of my child & played a big part in my life for along time & there are happy memories that I'll cherish.. but people change & people move on and I'm now fully prepared to get on with things & focus on being a happy healthy woman, mother, friend & everything else.

:)

Thanks everyone for all your caring & kind words, it's really nice and lovely how a bunch of people who've never met can be so connected on here & caring towards each other :)

I spent tonight with one of my closest girl friends who I thought I hadn't seen in about a year.. It turns out we actually hadnt seen each other in 2 years & 2 months, and she's never even met my 19 month old son. It really hit home how much I pushed my friends out & put my life on hold while I was with my ex, and I had the realisation tonight also that I was actually unhappy with him, and this breakup is a blessing in disguise..

It's been 2 and a half weeks & now the heartache and upset is subsiding, and if anything I just feel angry & resentful towards him for how he ended it & some of the hurtful things he said and did during the breakup.. such as commenting how he was so miserable with me sometimes that he used to think he'd rather be dead than come home to see my face -- nice guy eh?

I'm free to live my life how I want it & it's an amazing feeling. My number one priority will always be my son, he's my angel. And I'm determined to take care of myself & get my weight in order and feel happy and healthy again. I also really want & need my friends in my life so I'm grasping at them all and getting in contact again & making sure I see them regularly, cause they're all amazing people and I left them out of my life for far too long.

I can make my life what I want now, I'm 22 and have hopefully many years ahead of me. I'll always love my ex, he's the father of my child & played a big part in my life for along time & there are happy memories that I'll cherish.. but people change & people move on and I'm now fully prepared to get on with things & focus on being a happy healthy woman, mother, friend & everything else.

:)

Wow how brill are you :)
You're sounding strong and I think you can do it ... Good girl x
Hold your head high and smile xxxx
Hugs x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Lauren .. How are you doing /feeling ..??

Xxxx

Hello :)

I'm okay thanks. Had an up & down month but that's all cause of the breakup and its only now that I'm starting to feel a bit more sane again! Lol.

I was 14.9 stone on Saturday, so that's a stone and 3lbs gone in the last four weeks :) and now I'm properly counting my calories and I'm back in the gym too.

Booked a girls holiday in August so that's my goal to work towards now!

How are you? xx

Hello :)

I'm okay thanks. Had an up & down month but that's all cause of the breakup and its only now that I'm starting to feel a bit more sane again! Lol.

I was 14.9 stone on Saturday, so that's a stone and 3lbs gone in the last four weeks :) and now I'm properly counting my calories and I'm back in the gym too.

Booked a girls holiday in August so that's my goal to work towards now!

How are you? xx

Wow brilliant :)
You're back on the road recovery .. Fab x a girls holiday ... I'm 43 and never had one ... :-(
I'm ok thanks .. Still plodding on x feel in control for the first time in a long time x

Back