Lauren's diary - a new year, & a new beginnings!

Hi everyone.

I probably should start updating my diary & keeping track of it again. I've had a weird four weeks of adjusting to a new life and new routine, but things are finally getting more 'normal' and I'm mentally ready to conquer this calorie counting business again.

My weigh in day is a Saturday, and last week I weighed in at 14.9 stone. I'm going to aim for 1300 calories, but rather than stick to a consistent number per day, I'll be zig zagging calories and keeping as low as 1000 for six days of the week & then having a high calorie day of 3100 on a Saturday after weigh in.

This is to keep me on track, give me something to look forward to each week & also shock metabolism to prevent plateaus etc.

I'm back in the gym again too, going on a Tuesday Thursday and Sunday and doing weight training followed by cardio, and not eating exercise calories back.

Roll on a skinny summer :) xx

Finally devised a plan for myself :)

My BMR is 1743, and my TDEE at sedentary (which I am & I'd rather add in my own exercise calories than have them estimated) is 2097.

I've chosen to eat 1200 calories for six days of the week, and then 2000 on one day which will be the day I weigh in to help prevent a plateau and keep my metabolism guessing.. this averages out to 1314 calories daily, so I'm creating a deficit of 783 calories daily, equating to a pound and a half weight loss weekly.

I am going to start walking more, and begin attending the gym 3 times a week and focus on weight training followed by light cardio. So obviously I'll start burning more & then have a larger calorie deficit. I wore my polar HRM to the gym last week, and burned 500 calories in a 50 minute session.. so I'll estimate that going 3 times a week will equate to 1500 calories burned over the course of a week, so adding that onto my original deficit now gives me 2lbs a week weight loss.

Fingers crossed it works for me :)

I've just looked back on my goals, and thought I'd cross off the ones that I've achieved so far and remind myself of what's left to go. The ones I've achieved are in bold font :)

GOALS.

-- Lose 14lbs, preferably by February 1st
-- Get out of the 200's and back into the 190's
-- Get down to 192lbs, meaning a 2st loss!
-- Lose 2 inches from everywhere
-- Get down to 182lbs (13 stone)
-- Lose another inch from at least one spot
-- Lose 3 stone!
-- Fit comfortably into size 16 work trousers
-- Get down to 168lbs (12 stone)
-- Try a size 14 pair of jeans or trousers on, do they fit yet?
-- Do your best to take up running again, but pace yourself..
-- Get out of the 160's and into the 150's
-- Be 150lbs, meaning a 5 stone loss!
-- Have lost 6 inches from everywhere, taking bust down to 39inches
-- Get down to 140lbs & see how I feel there
-- Fit into size 10/12 clothes, both top & bottom
-- Start training for a 5K run
-- Get back to November 2012 measurements of 28ins waist, 32ins bust and 34ins hips
-- Fit into size 8/10 clothes, top & bottom
-- ULTIMATE GOAL of 133lbs!!
-- Get cosmetic surgery done (for those who are unaware, I booked & pair for breast enlargement when I was my smallest last year, long story short is having a baby changed things a lot for me in the boob area & losing weight shrunk them down to nothing! The company have my money on hold until I'm ready to go ahead with surgery again)
-- Book holiday with girlfriends
-- Wear a swimming costume & get in the pool, for the first time in 8 years
-- Maintain weight & be happy!

Oh wow thats awesome!! Where are you off to on hols? I am DYING for some sunshine

I've just looked back on my goals, and thought I'd cross off the ones that I've achieved so far and remind myself of what's left to go. The ones I've achieved are in bold font :)

GOALS.

-- Lose 14lbs, preferably by February 1st
-- Get out of the 200's and back into the 190's
-- Get down to 192lbs, meaning a 2st loss!
-- Lose 2 inches from everywhere
-- Get down to 182lbs (13 stone)
-- Lose another inch from at least one spot
-- Lose 3 stone!
-- Fit comfortably into size 16 work trousers
-- Get down to 168lbs (12 stone)
-- Try a size 14 pair of jeans or trousers on, do they fit yet?
-- Do your best to take up running again, but pace yourself..
-- Get out of the 160's and into the 150's
-- Be 150lbs, meaning a 5 stone loss!
-- Have lost 6 inches from everywhere, taking bust down to 39inches
-- Get down to 140lbs & see how I feel there
-- Fit into size 10/12 clothes, both top & bottom
-- Start training for a 5K run
-- Get back to November 2012 measurements of 28ins waist, 32ins bust and 34ins hips
-- Fit into size 8/10 clothes, top & bottom
-- ULTIMATE GOAL of 133lbs!!
-- Get cosmetic surgery done (for those who are unaware, I booked & pair for breast enlargement when I was my smallest last year, long story short is having a baby changed things a lot for me in the boob area & losing weight shrunk them down to nothing! The company have my money on hold until I'm ready to go ahead with surgery again)
-- Book holiday with girlfriends
-- Wear a swimming costume & get in the pool, for the first time in 8 years
-- Maintain weight & be happy!

I love these goals!! Mine are quite similar but I'm stopping my target at 150lbs. Never been that slim so I'm hoping ill look okay. Best of luck!! Xx

Currently 14st 7lbs. 2lbs until I'm 1/2 way there! Woop!

Hey everyone!

I've been AWOL with updating things on here lately, life has been so hectic that I just haven't had time..

To update on my weight loss journey and progress so far.. I weighed 15st 12lbs back on the 13th January, and today weigh 14 stone exactly. So in 10 weeks I've managed to shift 2lbs short of two stone.. I do believe it couldve been more but with my breakup back at the beginning of this year & my appetite disappearing and returning day to day I haven't been 100% with my calories, and I've barely exercised in all honesty.. so I'm very pleased with 26lbs off!

I have surgery booked for 11 weeks time, and have been told by my surgeon that I MUST be 11 stone, so I have 3 stone to lose in just under 3 months.. This seems extreme & it is I guess, and I know that calorie counting won't get me there as my weight loss has started slowing now.. so I'll be temporarily heading over to Cambridge.

I know some of you are probably shouting NO! while reading this, but please save the lectures and comments.. This is my own choice & something I need to do for my health. I'll only be on cambridge for a maximum of 11 weeks, but will be upping the steps along those 11 weeks and then losing the last stone or whatever I have to lose via calorie counting once I've made the switch from a VLCD.

I'm hoping that I lose the average of a stone a month, meaning in 11 weeks time I could be very close to losing the 3 stone that I need to lose!

Today is day 1 and this time I NEED to do this so it's not an option of giving up & caving in.

good luck lauren i hope you achieve your goal. at the end of the day its your life and your choice your still young so hsve time to take your time after you finish with cambridge. if i could afford vlcd id do it too but he ho.

hope to hear your progress soon

sarah x

Ah hun no one should judge you anyway, its upto you which choices you make and 3st in 3 months is a lot to lose so Cambridge should help with a good chunk of that but whatever you decide, good luck xx

Lauren's diary - a new year, & a new beginnings!

Hey everyone!

It's been forever since I've last been online, I actually deleted the app and only now have come around to reinstalling.. so thought I'd pop in and see how everyone is and update you all on how I am.

So I broke up with my OH in January, and that's still over and done and dusted.. I was a shell of a person for a long time, but I've managed to pick myself up and now I'm stronger physically and mentally than I've ever been, and also pretty damn happy too :)

Since mid January I've lost 2 stone and 9lbs.. I think it could've been a lot more if I'd been 100%, but admittedly there's been quite a lot of days consisting of naughty foods and too much vodka! I wouldn't be human if I didn't enjoy myself along the journey..

The last week I've had a nasty mouth infection so my entire mouth has been constantly on fire and giving me a lot of grief, and I've had ulcers covering my tongue, gums, inside of my cheeks and lips! Not pleasant at all! So I haven't been able to eat anything but yogurts, ice cream and milk... Resulting in a bad week of too much sugary diary products!!

But it's back to it now and back to my training schedule :)

For the last month or so I've been back at the gym and go every single day.. focusing on heavy weight training followed by cardio. So now things are starting to firm up, shrink down and look more defined.. and I'm loving getting stronger!

Diet wise I eat 1600 calories a day and now eat as clean as possible - I drink gallons of water which is unusual for me considering I used to hate it.. and I eat lots of chicken, salmon, eggs, veggies, almonds, seeds, protein shakes, greek yogurt etcetc..

All in all I'm doing pretty well.. I know I still have 3 stone to lose until I'm at my goal weight.. but I'm in no rush to get there and am enjoying this journey and the fact it's sustainable and something I can actually see myself doing forever..

Hope everyone else is well :)

Hi Lauren! Nice to see you back and I'm glad you're doing well - you sound a lot more relaxed about things, which is great. :) Did you have your operation? You were looking to do Cambridge for a while weren't you? :) xx

Back