Leshrew's Diary The ups and the downs

Re: Back on SW as of today!!

Saturday 22nd June
Breakfast
Poached eggs on toast with spinach HEB
Milk from allowance in tea HEA
Lunch
Garlic prawns ( whist out and about it was the best option)
Dinner Tandoori chicken stirfry with a Muller light youghurt and some grapes apricots and strawberries
28gms dark chocolate with a fresh coffee 7 syns
Total syns 7
Exercise 7 mile walk

Lol, I've been the same got some things out the SW book to cook this week am fed up with stirfry etc brought some fish from town going to have a fo at making some fish cakes I even found some samphire to go with them god knows what it will all taste like but it won't be stirfry :D

Sunday 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] June
Breakfast 42gms All bran
Milk from allowance
Snack Apple
Lunch Homemade soup and 3 dark rye rivita 4.5 syns
Dinner Sweet jacket potatoe with diced chicken,sweetcorn and mushrooms and added chill philidelphia light 2.5 syns
Youghurt and mixed fruit
Exersise 5 mile walk
Total syns 7

Hi hun, welcome hope your doing ok, i keep meaning to only be online for a bit but always seems to be hours lol x

Well its weigh in tomorrow so am going to have my fingers crossed all night now lol, ive updated my signature with a ticker now so i feel in the mood for on wards and downwards which hopefully the scales will help me in the morning, am feeling quite tired not going to walk tomorrow think i will do a stint with the kettlebells instead.
Think im going to get back into kettlebell training last time i done it it became quite an obsession i couldn't put the dam things down am going to try and limit them this time(hopefully she says) it got to the stage where i would rather swing than shop and that's not good eh
I hope everybody is having a good week or being good at least.......

Tbh I haven't tried kettle bells may have to look into it.
My form of body magic is walking and 30 day shred.

I have 30 day shred with weights so i use my kettlebell. If you go onto you tube you can find loads to do with them but if you are going to start i would find a class first as technique is vital hun you could do yourself some damage if you do not lift correct. They are great for shaping and toning totally scorch fat x

It's easy to hurt yourself I done it lol I brought a kettebell combat training DVD when I first got my kettlebells, I had a huge one in my hand and followed this American army bloke for about an hour of gruling pain thinking I was doing good, my son came round for tea that night and I showed him what I followed his jaw dropped and said do you not think your a bit old for that lol, the worse bit was I got into bed and I think I passed out my husband went mental at me, I can laugh about it now but it wasn't funny really oh and did I ache was really sore hun don't want you doing like I did :D

Good morning diary and all minis have had a lovely surprise this morning so a happy Monday morning lost another 3.5lb just goes to prove swerving the naughty isles in the shops has paid.
As I'm doing it from home I said to my husband I'm lacking a half a stone sticker and his lovely responce was " I'll stick one on ya" obviously he's very proud lol
Hope everyone has a brilliant SW week ahead good luck all x

I've just seen Dawn French on TV this morning, i thought she had lost all her weight if she did then she has put a fair bit back on again! well im sure she did loose it sure i saw a picture somewhere...........

Date: 24/06/2013
Breakfast: Magic pancakes with strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and golden syrup (2 syns)
Snack: Muller light yoghurt
Lunch: Ham and cheese salad
Snack: Ryvitas with crab meat
Dinner: Homemade burgers with roasted vegtables
Water: 2 litres
Exercise 50 minutes Kettlebells
Red day
HEA 250ml ss milk/42gms reduced fat chedder
HEB 28gms oats/ 4 ryvita dark rye
Syns 2

Last edited:
I'm the same as you, I've been doing a low Gl and low carbs before I seem to lose a bit then put on again!
My friend goes to SW class and she has lost 16lb now and she does eat lots of what she calls FREE food I struggle with that, but have decided to give it 100% and see what happens.
Been hard with dinner tonight and no gravy lol
If it works for so many other ppl I think I have to get my head out of the sand and ignore the calorie and carb content keep calm and carry on.
Will keep updates as I go
Good luck for Wednesday Sam let me know how you get on would love to know Xx

I had some gravy with my Sunday dinner yesterday and I'm sure that every 50ml of gravy made up according to the packet instructions was around 15cals, so for 100ml of gravy it was only 1.5 syns. I would need to double check that again for you, but that ways it means that you don't have to miss out :)

Helen xx

Thanks Helen, will have a look into that I've been trying to keep my syns low this week am going.out Wednesday night for a Mexican there is not much I can have really I've had a look in the book and on EE I'm ok with boiled rice and.vegtable curry they do have a lot of salad there and pickles so will have to fill up with them as long as the chilli is not too hot I will be ok, but if I sway I have some spare syns :)
How are you getting on?

Morning ladies, I've just made my first scan bran cake I'm in need of a sweet tasteing fix its smells amazing can't wait for it to cool down I've done a cherry and almond chocolate one that was on the thread.

Hi leshrew what recipe is that. Pls could you show me the link pls.
I'm going to pick some up tomo at class.

Back