Little Miss's Food Diary

When I was 16 I had a tutor at college and she was always happy. She told us one day that you have to be happy because there are always people worse off than you. That has stayed with me for the last 20 years and I remember it every time I'm feeling down.

I love that, it's the sort of thing I always try and think about. I moan that I don't have enough money or my house is too small etc etc. BUT you're so right and there are so many people worse off so what on earth have we got to be unhappy about lol! Happy thoughts = happy day xxx

I love that, it's the sort of thing I always try and think about. I moan that I don't have enough money or my house is too small etc etc. BUT you're so right and there are so many people worse off so what on earth have we got to be unhappy about lol! Happy thoughts = happy day xxx

Too right and if you've got a cold think about those in hospital with more than a little sniffle. I always think like that now because life's never as bad as you think :) xx

Argggghhhhh like my day could get much worse :(
Hubby just rang to tell me that the cruise we've booked for next year has been cancelled. My mum had said that she would have Amy so we could go on our own for our 10th Wedding Anniversary. To say I am gutted is an understatement, we've had it booked for over a year already :(

And to make matters worse I have just had a bag of crisps and now I feel even worse, aaarrrrgggghhhhh.....and breathe!!!!

Hubby just rang to tell me that the cruise we've booked for next year has been cancelled. My mum had said that she would have Amy so we could go on our own for our 10th Wedding Anniversary. To say I am gutted is an understatement, we've had it booked for over a year already :(

And to make matters worse I have just had a bag of crisps and now I feel even worse, aaarrrrgggghhhhh.....and breathe!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your cruise. Can you not book a last minute deal or something? I can't imagine how annoyed you must be if cry if my holiday got cancelled. That's the only thing that's been keeping me same the last few weeks, I'm counting down the days (81)

Don't worry too much about the crisps. Do some hoovering or something to burn a few calories? One slip up won't hurt! I've been slipping up all week! Xx

Oh sweetie! How disappointing for you :eek: Can you book another one for the same time? Have they compensated you? *hugs*

Thanks all I've calmed down a bit now.
I think today is just going to be one of those days! Hubby is trying to sort out the cruise for us. We have been offered a different one which is 1 night longer and a lot more expensive for the same price. Hubby is trying to get us a free upgrade as well now so fingers crossed :)

Anyway I got all my work done and Amy's friend went home this morning. Then another friend came round and he has been here since about 11.30 so I've still got a mad house!! I am taking him home at 5 though and then that is it. I am closing my front door, cooking a nice dinner and then having a bath and chilling. For about an hour I will be enjoying me time and everyone can leave me in peace :) Well that's the plan any way.

Hope you've all had a great day.xx

Thanks all I've calmed down a bit now.
I think today is just going to be one of those days! Hubby is trying to sort out the cruise for us. We have been offered a different one which is 1 night longer and a lot more expensive for the same price. Hubby is trying to get us a free upgrade as well now so fingers crossed :)

Anyway I got all my work done and Amy's friend went home this morning. Then another friend came round and he has been here since about 11.30 so I've still got a mad house!! I am taking him home at 5 though and then that is it. I am closing my front door, cooking a nice dinner and then having a bath and chilling. For about an hour I will be enjoying me time and everyone can leave me in peace :) Well that's the plan any way.

Hope you've all had a great day.xx

That sounds a lot better!

Oh no what a nightmare. Hope your hubby gets a much better deal for you, all will not be lost.
Having a bag of crisps is nothing, dont punish yourself but please do have an hour or so to yourself to chill. You'll feel much better after that. Take care. :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks hun. I think I'm just stressing about everything at the moment and the holiday situation didn't help. Normally I just go with the flow but I think I need to reel myself in a bit because I feel like I'm losing control of something work wise and theres nothing I can do to make it better without giving it time.
Anyway enough stressing. I am back and I am positive again :)
Sod the crisps earlier, they were so worth it!
Hope you've had a good day, how was the cinema?xx

Cinema? Went bowling. My 6 year thrashed all the 10 year olds with 6 strikes and 2 spares. She is such a lucky child. Ive had a lovely day thanx hun.
Worried for you tho, 'things happen for a reason usually for the better'think of it that way if you can. Had a shrink tell me that in the past and i could have chinned him at the time, but he was right in the end.. x

Cinema? Went bowling. My 6 year thrashed all the 10 year olds with 6 strikes and 2 spares. She is such a lucky child. Ive had a lovely day thanx hun.
Worried for you tho, 'things happen for a reason usually for the better'think of it that way if you can. Had a shrink tell me that in the past and i could have chinned him at the time, but he was right in the end.. x

Haha I knew you were going bowling so god knows why I put cinema, lol! I'm so pleased that you have had a good day and well done to your daughter thrashing all the others, I bet she's still gloating about it.

Don't worry about me, I will be fine. I think I've just tried to take on more than I can do at the moment. My hubby always says I try too hard to please everyone and this time I think he's right.

Anyway I am feeling better about everything now after my mini break down earlier.xx

Good evening all,
I'm back to being my bubbly self again now :)
I've just had the most amazing dinner, this diet lark is a doddle...well except for my naughty crisps earlier!
Anyway time for a bath now so no chance of eating again tonight. So here is my food diary.....

Thursday 20th February

Lunch - Peanut butter sandwich and a bag of crisps
Dinner - Meat free burger and wedges with a blob of garlic mayo
Snack - Milky coffee and mandarin fake cake

Last edited:
Good morning all,
I'm back to my usually cheerful self again this morning :) Thanks everyone for being so nice yesterday, it means a lot.xx

So what have we all got planned for today? I'm working till lunch and then I think I'll do a bit of house work because I've been too busy all week to do any. I usually love Friday's because it's my wind down day getting ready for the weekend but somehow I don't think that is going to happen today. I'm hoping Amy sleeps till quite late as she needs to catch up on some sleep and she has a big day tomorrow so I'm hoping she will sleep late and then have a chilled day.

Have a great day everyone whatever you're doing.xx

Sorry you had a rubbish day yesterday, glad you are feeling better today :) I have days like that too don't worry. Let us know what hubby manages to sort with the cruise :)

I weighed and STS so today will be mostly spent trying to keep myself away from the cupboards and the comfort food! Going to go out with the kids in a bit, my friend asked if we want to go and get the train and go to Sheldon Country Park to watch the planes taking off from Birmingham airport. My two should love that, they love planes anyway and they're especially excited as they know they're going on one later this year. Lilly has asked if we can go to the airport too and go on the sky rail lol!

Hope you manage to get your work done and manage a bit of time to chill out later xx

Sorry you had a rubbish day yesterday, glad you are feeling better today :) I have days like that too don't worry. Let us know what hubby manages to sort with the cruise :)

I weighed and STS so today will be mostly spent trying to keep myself away from the cupboards and the comfort food! Going to go out with the kids in a bit, my friend asked if we want to go and get the train and go to Sheldon Country Park to watch the planes taking off from Birmingham airport. My two should love that, they love planes anyway and they're especially excited as they know they're going on one later this year. Lilly has asked if we can go to the airport too and go on the sky rail lol!

Hope you manage to get your work done and manage a bit of time to chill out later xx

Thanks hun and yes as soon as I hear anything from hubby re cruise I will let you know. He sent them a very well worded email yesterday so I would be extremely surprised if we don't get something extra :)

Have a fab time at the airport. It will be extra special for them as they are going on one later in the year. I love getting my kids excited about holidays. We do count down calendars and plane pressies and all sorts to get them overly excited :) Have a fab day.xx

Hi hun, sorry to hear about your rubbish day yesterday, I hate it when things go wrong! But this cruise sounds really nice too and fingers crossed for some freebies!
Hope you have a lovely day today, and manage to get the bits done that you need to. I've got to crack on in work today as our boss said we can all leave early today to be able to enjoy the rugby and get out of Cardiff before the crowds start arriving. Which is nice because I really don't care about the rugby anyway! So I think I'll leave about 3ish, and might have a wander around the shops before going home to start preparing dinner xx

Good morning Sarah,
An early finish with a bit of bonus shop mooching sounds perfect to me.
I'm hoping to get my work done by about 2 and then I can clean up and be ready for the weekend by the time my work day should end at about 4 :)
My mum's staying the weekend so a cheeky glass (bottle) of rose may be on the cards for tonight as well :)
Have a good day.xx

Hi Sweetie.... hope you get you holiday all sorted out xx

Hi hun ive been choring today too. All done and ready for my busy couple of days. Im starving tho trying to save my hexs for dinner tonight and nothing seems to b filling me up. :eek:

Back