Little Miss's Food Diary

Morning littlemiss. Am so glad you can see photos of Amys trip, i think id be pulling my hair out by now, cant imagine letting them go.
Have yourself another grand day. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning littlemiss. Am so glad you can see photos of Amys trip, i think id be pulling my hair out by now, cant imagine letting them go.
Have yourself another grand day. X

Morning hun,
It is nice to see photos of them on the website and it's good to get updates but I'm addicted to checking for an update, lol!! Haven't any of yours been on school trips yet? I can't wait for her to get back and tell me all about it but then I feel bad for wishing her holiday away! I know she'll be having an amazing time.xx

Morning Helen :),

I'm sure when you see Amy again, her big smile on her face from her trip, will make it all worth it, I'm sure she's having an amazing time with her friends. So glad your mum is over, its good to have some support for the detox, I think you'll have a cracking week next week with you all doing it. Your so right about health food being more expensive then junk, grrrrr ! I have the same problem when I do my food shop. I've only recently switched to Aldi, so things are a little better. When I do the salad challenge, salads do get a bit boring after a while, to keep variety I normally change seasonings, dressings and add crunchy bits to them, I like texture in my food, salad can be quite watery on its own. I was watching Nigella's show on food network yesterday and she toasted some pitta breads until they were crisp and added them to a Mediterranean salad with chick peas, it looked lush. I am addicted to the food network channel and love watching cookery shows for new ideas :D. Oh you know we were talking about Philly the other day, I made Philly with Roasted Veg and pasta yesterday, it came out lovely and I bought the new `Garlic frylight' spray from Tesco and used it on the veggies, they came out really nice.

Sorry for my ramblings, you can tell I'm such a foodie :p. Hope you have a lovely day ahead hun :).

Kay xx

Sure Amy will be having a fab time!!! :D and sounds like you are geared up for lots of detoxing. Chopped up fruit sounds nice and will hopefully make a change for you from the salad! What about making a big pot of veggie soup if you're getting bored? Hope you're ok!! xx

Hi hun,
I know Amy will be having a great time, I'm just missing her like crazy.
I've just made my shopping list for tonight and have loads of fruit on it so will try the chopped fruit next week. I can't really have soup as it would need stock and I can't have stock as part of my detox.xx

Morning Helen :),

I'm sure when you see Amy again, her big smile on her face from her trip, will make it all worth it, I'm sure she's having an amazing time with her friends. So glad your mum is over, its good to have some support for the detox, I think you'll have a cracking week next week with you all doing it. Your so right about health food being more expensive then junk, grrrrr ! I have the same problem when I do my food shop. I've only recently switched to Aldi, so things are a little better. When I do the salad challenge, salads do get a bit boring after a while, to keep variety I normally change seasonings, dressings and add crunchy bits to them, I like texture in my food, salad can be quite watery on its own. I was watching Nigella's show on food network yesterday and she toasted some pitta breads until they were crisp and added them to a Mediterranean salad with chick peas, it looked lush. I am addicted to the food network channel and love watching cookery shows for new ideas :D. Oh you know we were talking about Philly the other day, I made Philly with Roasted Veg and pasta yesterday, it came out lovely and I bought the new `Garlic frylight' spray from Tesco and used it on the veggies, they came out really nice.

Sorry for my ramblings, you can tell I'm such a foodie :p. Hope you have a lovely day ahead hun :).

Kay xx

Good afternoon hun,
We had toasted pitta bread at the weekend with low fat dips, I love them. I also love toasted pitta strips on salad. Try toasting them with a bit of chilli power rubbed into them, yum yum :)
I can't watch food programs as they made me too hungry, lol! I love my philli and love cooking with it. I do a veggi meatball pasta dish with philli, it's lush.xx

Good afternoon my lovelies,
I'm just having a very quick cuppa before getting back to work but I have to tell you about my lunch... I never normally rave about boring old salads but wow I have found my new yummy lunch...and this is supposed to be a detox!!
I dry fried some sweet potato chips seasoned with a little bit of chilli powder last night and warmed them up in the microwave for lunch, I had them with radish, cucumber and onion all cut into really small cubes and a blob of mayo light on top. Wow it was absolutely delicious. Think I'll be making some more sweet potato chips tonight for tomorrow lunch :D
Ellejay, you should definitely try this as part of your 48 hour detox!!xx

Hi hun,
I know Amy will be having a great time, I'm just missing her like crazy.
I've just made my shopping list for tonight and have loads of fruit on it so will try the chopped fruit next week. I can't really have soup as it would need stock and I can't have stock as part of my detox.xx

Good afternoon hun,
We had toasted pitta bread at the weekend with low fat dips, I love them. I also love toasted pitta strips on salad. Try toasting them with a bit of chilli power rubbed into them, yum yum :)
I can't watch food programs as they made me too hungry, lol! I love my philli and love cooking with it. I do a veggi meatball pasta dish with philli, it's lush.xx

Aw bless you. She will be back before you know it! Sounds yummy! I've really been enjoying pears and mango at the min. Yum yum! Alright, I see. Oh well Hopefully you can find some other yummy foods! xxx

Good afternoon my lovelies,
I'm just having a very quick cuppa before getting back to work but I have to tell you about my lunch... I never normally rave about boring old salads but wow I have found my new yummy lunch...and this is supposed to be a detox!!
I dry fried some sweet potato chips seasoned with a little bit of chilli powder last night and warmed them up in the microwave for lunch, I had them with radish, cucumber and onion all cut into really small cubes and a blob of mayo light on top. Wow it was absolutely delicious. Think I'll be making some more sweet potato chips tonight for tomorrow lunch :D
Ellejay, you should definitely try this as part of your 48 hour detox!!xx

Mmmmmm. Sounds yummy!!! You're making me hungry! lol xxxx

Afternoon hun x
Mmmm, sounds lovely! But I didn't think we were aloud potatoes?
Detox going great so far, but after all the sugar yesterday, I don't feel as "fresh" as I did last week? :( I've made a fresh ratatouille for supper, haven't got huge appetite today but I'll make sure I eat as I know missing it will affect Saturday's wi- and not in a good way.

Sounds like ur having a busy day as usual hun, the week seems to be flying by though!
Think it's great youve now got ur mum involved in the detox too :eek: expensive though I imagine?!

Hope ur having a good day, popby later x L x

Sent from my SM-T310 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Afternoon hun x
Mmmm, sounds lovely! But I didn't think we were aloud potatoes?
Detox going great so far, but after all the sugar yesterday, I don't feel as "fresh" as I did last week? :( I've made a fresh ratatouille for supper, haven't got huge appetite today but I'll make sure I eat as I know missing it will affect Saturday's wi- and not in a good way.

Sounds like ur having a busy day as usual hun, the week seems to be flying by though!
Think it's great youve now got ur mum involved in the detox too :eek: expensive though I imagine?!

Hope ur having a good day, popby later x L x

Sent from my SM-T310 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good afternoon hun,
Just saw your post appear on my phone so popping on quickly to say hi :)
Now I always thought sweet potatoes were just like normal potatoes but their not and they are one of the best veggies for a detox. So eat away!! It really made my day when I found that out yesterday :D
It's great that I've got mum on board as well but not looking forward to my shopping bill later, lol.
Right best get back to it. Speak later.xx

I didnt know they weren't like potatoes, so are they not classed as a carb? I do like them so may add more of them to my meals.

Like the family of detoxers you are! :D

Mmmm very interesting. :)

Good morning all,

Sorry I didn't get back on last night. We went shopping for the party food for Saturday night and grabbed loads of healthy stuff for next week and then as it was still nice out and we had no kids we went over to the pub for a drink. It was lovely. I know I had a naughty shandy but the sun was shining and I enjoyed it. So I'm not going to worry too much about it.

I made some more sweet potato chips last night for lunch today, yum yum I can't wait to have them. I didn't think you could have sweet potato on a detox but when I googled it I couldn't find anything negative only positive things about it, so it must be ok :)

Another fairly busy day for me today although hopefully work wont be as busy and I can crack on with house stuff. The new kitchen floor is down and I've scrubbed it 3 times but it is still looking like it needs cleaning so need to tackle that again at some point today, so think that will be my job for this afternoon. And tonight Phil and I are going for a bike ride, really looking forward to it, it will be the first time we've been on a proper bike ride (other than going out a mile or so with Amy) for about 7 years, so I'm sure there will be an element of comedy in there somewhere!

Well the sun is shining so I hope you all have a bright happy day :) What have you all got planned?xx

Just realised I didn't do my food diary for yesterday so here goes...

Wednesday 14th May

Day - Banana, sweet potato chips (dry fried), cucumber, onion, radish and a blob of mayo light, 3 cuppas, 4 glasses of water
Dinner - Fried egg, veggi sausage, mushrooms, beans and wedges
Snack - 2 shandies and a cookie

Today I need to work on my hot lemon and water intake and make sure I do my squat challenge as not done it for a couple of days, plus I want to start the sit ups and crunches again :)

Looking good! :D Bike ride sounds lovely especially when the suns out, and good exercise! Could you explain your detox in a bit more detail for me please lovely? Thinking of giving it a go to boost my weight loss especially after my mahoosive gain at the weekend! xxxx

Good morning hun,
The detox days are simple. Just eat fruit, veg and salad in the day and drink water, hot lemon water and/or green tea, plus 2 cups of tea a day. Then in the evening have your normal healthy meal. I also allow myself a cheat so if for example I'm having salad I will have a little bit of salad cream or if I'm having veg I will have a small amount of gravy if required.
The 48 hour detox is exactly the same but you can't have a normal meal.
I hope that makes sense.xx

Morning Helen :), wow sounds like you've got quite a lot planned for the day ahead. I hope you enjoy your bike ride later, sounds like fun. I loved the sound of your salad yesterday with the sweet potato chips, I might give that a try myself. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day hun xx

Good morning hun,
The detox days are simple. Just eat fruit, veg and salad in the day and drink water, hot lemon water and/or green tea, plus 2 cups of tea a day. Then in the evening have your normal healthy meal. I also allow myself a cheat so if for example I'm having salad I will have a little bit of salad cream or if I'm having veg I will have a small amount of gravy if required.
The 48 hour detox is exactly the same but you can't have a normal meal.
I hope that makes sense.xx

Aw brilliant, thanks for that. I may have to give it a try. I'm going to do it today (I have a meal out tonight!! So need to be super good during the day) then I'm thinking of doing it friday, sat, sunday before weigh in monday and having homemade veg soup on the night. Hoping it will be super healthy and get my energy levels up, although I have to admit I may have to have a few cheeky hot chocolates a day to get me through! :) I'll be coming to you for lots of advice and support! lol xxxxx

Morning hun x
Well, it's starting to dry out a bit here, meant to b a scorcher tomorrow & through the weekend so I hope so?!

Bike ride sounds lovely x can't remember the last time I rode a bike?! Would b a great hobby to start once freya's a little older, not sure if the oh has the stamina though lol :eek:

I'm really happy abt the 0.5lb loss already, especially after Tuesday. Hoping to c a perfect '9 stones' by Saturday, that'd make my week,month even! Strange though, I don't feel any different??

Hope u hv a good day hun, don't work too hard! :D x L x

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back