Little*red's 90 day Challenge - 30 day progress results now up

Day 12

Legs & abs

Just finished 50 minutes of the legs workout and they are burning (in a good way). Then only managed about 5 minutes of the abs workout as my legs were so tired they couldn't help support my abs.
Got my weigh in tomorrow but I'm not going to take measurements as i'll weight until day 30 of the challenge to (hopefully) see large differences rather that a cm here or there.

Good luck for weigh in and measurements!

Day 13

Tae Bo

Swapped the kenpo workout this week for the tae bo ultimate workout, its very similar but find the tae bo one much more motivational.
Managed 50 minutes of it today and feel really energised.
Weighed in today and have lost 3.2lbs in the last week! woohoo, I hope its all the exercise paying off because i'm not eating all that different.

Decided this week to cut down on the carbs like cereal and bread, so i bought some protein powder to make smoothies in the morning. made a berry one today and it tasted like cardboard, took about 2 sips and had to pour it out, it was making me feel sick.
Now i'm left with a big tub of protein powder (soy isolate) and don't know what to do with it, i was thinking of protein bars which would work out more protein and less carbs if i had one for breakfast instead of cereal.

Thanks for you support ladies, it's greatly appreciated and good to know i'm not just talking away to myself on here :D.

Weighed in today and have lost 3.2lbs in the last week! woohoo, I hope its all the exercise paying off because i'm not eating all that different.

Way to go! Yes, of course it is! Boosting that metabolism and all sorts...

Decided this week to cut down on the carbs like cereal and bread, so i bought some protein powder to make smoothies in the morning. made a berry one today and it tasted like cardboard, took about 2 sips and had to pour it out, it was making me feel sick.
Now i'm left with a big tub of protein powder (soy isolate) and don't know what to do with it, i was thinking of protein bars which would work out more protein and less carbs if i had one for breakfast instead of cereal.

Great idea, but soy isolate (are you vegetarian?) is one of the blandest and most powdery ones out there, unless you are into hardcore protein supplementation...some people find any protein powders do the same (my ex hubby has just offloaded some protein powder on me as it makes him feel sick too!)...bars are a good switch, as they are more foodlike and there are some great ones out there...I still like my oats for the morning (slow carbs and high protein) but supplementing with high protein will also increase your lean mass...mine has certainly increased over the last 11 months and I do put it down to eating more protein alongside weight training, etc...

Day 15

Core

50 minutes of core exercises today, feeling good but tired. Can't believe i'm into my third week already its going so quickly. Can't wait to get my 30 days results on 26th march, only another 15 days to go (and counting...).

Nex I made some protein bars with the soya powder, the only reason i got that one was because it was on sale in holland and barret. Ended up with 12 bars so will be eating them for the next 2 weeks, will probably be sick of them by then, although my 2 year old likes them!
I'm hoping eating more protein will help me out as i'm starting to worry about losing muscle rather than fat.
Each bar work out at:
calories 222
sat dat 2.13
protein 15g
carbs 14g

not sure if thats decent enough values but i do know that its less carbs and more protein than than the cereal i was having in morning. I'll give it a bash for a few weeks and the results will tell.

I'm hoping eating more protein will help me out as i'm starting to worry about losing muscle rather than fat.
Each bar work out at:
calories 222
sat dat 2.13
protein 15g
carbs 14g

That is jolly good for a home made bar! Way to go....and yes, eating more protein does preserve and increase your lean mass.

Day 16

Cardio

50 minutes of cardio done today. Felt a bit sick as i only waited about 30 minutes after eating breakfast, lesson learnt!
Concentrated more on my breathign today and it seemed to help, only a little bit of stitch but it cleared after a 30 second break.
Surprisingly enough i still have quite a bit of energy considering i was up at 5am. All this exercise is doing wonders for my energy levels plus its giving me a great nights sleep and my skin is glowing.

Go you!

It gets better...the energy cycle is surprising, expend it to create more, yup!

Day 17

Arms and abs

Done 55 minutes of arms today, managed to do half the exercises with 5lbs weights instead of the 2.5lb ones.
Also managed about 5 minutes of the abs exercises, they are so hard. Will get a good workout on the abs tommorrow to make up for the 10 minutes i didn't complete.
It's a good day here so i'm going to take the girls for a nice walk in the park so that should give me a few more activity points for today aswell.

Day 18 & 19

Day 18 callanetics
Day 19 legs

40 minutes of callanetics done yesterday and 50 minutes of legs today, ohhh i can feel those inches melting off.
Weigh day tommorrow hopefully the exercise gives me another good loss this week. :D

Hi,
I have read somewhere that you are following the p90x plan. Can I ask you a few questions please?
Is there a callanetics in the set? Are you following it exactly as they say? How are you finding it?
I got the dvds from a friend and I have read about it and it seems very difficult. I am thinking about starting it in April, that is why I am asking all these questions.
Thanks

Ooh you just reminded me to do my callanetics tonight, need those stretches really badly, thanks...

Hi,
I have read somewhere that you are following the p90x plan. Can I ask you a few questions please?
Is there a callanetics in the set? Are you following it exactly as they say? How are you finding it?
I got the dvds from a friend and I have read about it and it seems very difficult. I am thinking about starting it in April, that is why I am asking all these questions.
Thanks

Yep im currently on day 19 of the challenge. There isn't a callanetics in the timetable but i'm not following to the t.
Instead of the cardio i do my nell mcandrew maximum energy dvd, instead of kenpo i do the tae bo extreme bootcamp and instead of the yoga i do callanetics. I didn't like those three workouts so i replaced them with similar workouts that i do like, i thought it would be easier to stick to it that way.
At first it thought 'how the heck am i gonna do this everyday?!!' but i now i make the time to do it, usually about an hour after breakfast. each workout is about an hour long so you sort of have to make the time for it.
It is tough and i wouldn't really recommend it if you haven't exercised for years, however saying that you can work at your own pace, just as long as you at least attempt it, you will be able to do more reps etc the longer you carry it out.

I love it, i'm so glad that i started it so i would highly recommend it. hope that helps hun, just ask away if you wanted to know anything else. x

Thanks! I have watched some workout and read the manual. Are dumbbells and chin up bar necessary equipment?

You seem like you are enjoying it:) Hope the WI went well today:)

Day 20

Are dumbbells and chin up bar necessary equipment?

I do use the dumbells (2.5lbs and 5lbs) and would say they were quite necessary for the arms workout but i suppose you could use two bottles of water or something its just to give a little resistance. i don't have a pull up bar so just miss those bits out, its only a few minutes of the workout so its not much. Even if i had one don't think i'd be able to pull myself up on it anyway, lol!

Done 50 minutes of tae bo today, fell really energised, i love those workouts they get me really motivated.
Can't believe tommorow (rest day) will be the last day on my 3rd week!!!
On Wednesday i start the 'muscle recovery' week which means less weight training to allow my muscle to rest and grow before starting into the second month of the program (phase 2).
Almost forgot to say i STS weight wise this week, could be a number of things but all i know is that the inches are still going down and that makes me happier.

Thanks! I have watched some workout and read the manual. Are dumbbells and chin up bar necessary equipment?

You seem like you are enjoying it:) Hope the WI went well today:)

Chin up bar not necessary, you can use a door frame...hang on the door frame wide grip and pull yourself up until your chin is in line witht he door frame...simple! Well, not so simple as it takes time to lift your own body weight with your back and arms...

Day 22

Callanetics

Done 50 minutes of callanetics this morning, this week is the start of recovery week to no weight training and more stretching and cardio
Found the callanetics really hard today and had to take a few breaks during the stomach exercises, my muscles felt like they were going to snap in half.
Also taking the girls swimming today so that should be a few more activity points even if it is doggy paddling in the toddler pool ;).

Day 23

Core

50 minutes of core exercises today, felt really good after because i was sweating so much, will need to drink plenty of water today though.
there is a move called banana rolls which i always find really difficult but today they were a lot easier to do, so my core muscles must be getting stronger, its great to start to see results from all the work.

Back