Little*red's 90 day Challenge - 30 day progress results now up

so my core muscles must be getting stronger, its great to start to see results from all the work.

It is isn't it?! :D And as they say strengthen your core and the rest will follow...great going! Even if the weight isn't budging on the scales the measurements will be going down, rest assured...when I began gym work in April last year, I lost only 6 pounds, but the difference in inches was brilliant...and my lean mass was larger and is now than it has ever been...

Keep it up!

Day 24

Tae bo

Did 45 minutes of the tae bo cardio workout today. Good workout but found myself struggling to keep coordinated with the moves, although i was sweating by the end and could do with 40 winks now.

Yep, I found Tae bo and aerobics strictly no go areas for me...I cannot do all the moves and combos I am absolutely, totally and ridiculously unco-ordinated...and it's scary, well it's really really funny mostly, but I'd be the one at the back falling over or looking a complete pumpkin doing all the wrong moves at the wrong time, in the wrong order and even doing the moves themselves all wrong!

Day 25

lol nex that was what i was like yesterday couldnt even move one leg in front of the other.

Didn't do my exercise until 8pm tonight although it was an hour of intense stretching so at least it wasn't cardio. Felt sooo good as i have a really sore lower back today and those big spinal stretches hit the spot.

Day 26

cardio

Even though its supposed to be a day of rest for mums today i still got my ass in gear and did 1hr of cardio today. Feeling fantastic, although my ankles were a bit sore today, haven't done anything strenous this week so i wonder why that is :confused:?

Day 27

Callanetics

Feeling exhausted today, managed about 45 minutes of callanetics and fell asleep when doing the stretching near the end :eek:.
Weighed in today and lost another 0.4lbs. I will be posting my 30 day results (inch loss & fat loss) on Thursday plus i'll take more photos but I won't put them up until i've finished the whole 90days so i can compare them to my other progress pictures.
Ok i'm off to bed because i'm so tired, thank god it's rest day tommorrow.

How exciting, progress pics!

I never did that like a silly billy and have nothing to measure my progress against now...but have a few from the beginning of the year and as I go might do some more...depending on how breave I feel...am rather camera shy...

Day 29

Nex i'm so glad i took progress pictures before starting to lose weight, nobody can remember me being as big as i was in the pictures, guess it's because i've lost the weight slowly (average about 1lb a week) and the change is gradual but my before photos remind me of how far i've come.

Have done 50 minutes of core today, it's great to feel some of the muscles engaging now, whereas before i would just midlessly exercise and not really focus on what i was doing. Still feeling really tired as i was up at 4am with the little one got a few cat naps since but feeling better for doing some exercise.

Almost forgot to say i'll be putting up my 30 day stats up tomorrow, woohoo!

Very interested to see the 30day result! Hope new numbers going to meet your expectations! Fingers crossed!:)

Day 30

Done 1hr of cardio today, felt really energised doing it probably because i went to bed really early last night so go plenty of sleep.

Right on to the good part - the 30 day results!!!

Day 30 (26th March 2009)
Weight -126.2lb 4.8lb loss
Bust - 35" 1" loss
Waist - 27" 1.5" loss
Hips - 36.5" 1" loss
Upper thigh - 21.5" 0.5" loss
Lower thigh - 16" 1" loss
knee - 14.5" STS
calf - 14" 0.5" loss
ankle - 9.5" STS
arm - 10.5" 0.5" loss
Body fat - 29.5% 0.5% lost
Waist/hip ratio - 0.74 0.02 lost

So a total loss of 6" all over and 4.8lbs lost in 30 days. I took some progress pictures and I can't really tell much of a difference (apart from how much my bust has shrunk:eek:). I'm now comfortably into a size 10 so that makes me more than happy as its my goal 'size' and anything after is now a bonus.

I can't believe i've actually stuck to doing an hour of exercise 6 days a week. Overall i'm loving seeing my body having subtle changes and hopefully toning itself up. Most importantly i'm in the best physical shape of my life and my fitness levels are increasing by the day :D.

Thanks everyone who pops on every now and again, i've put some comparison pics from when i started lsoing weight until now in my album if you wanted to have a peek.

Last edited:
Day 31

Chest and Triceps

This was a new workout i had today for the start of phase two of the challenge. OMG was it a killer, lots of pushups which i can manage about 6 of (boystyle) but then i end up on my knees and they are a killer!!!
Was in town today aswell so got a bit of walking done aswell.

Day 32

50 minutes of callanetics done today.
My arms and chest are so sore from all those new exercises yesterday, don't think my body knew what had hit it.
Was nice to be able to have a good stretch with the callanetics although those stomach exercises are still a killer!!!

Day 33

50 minutes of legs done today, the workout seemed to go in so quickly. I haven't worked out my legs on their own for about 2 weeks now and it seemed a lot harder, my muscles were probably thinking 'oh not this again!'.

Forgot to say it is weigh day tommorrow but not holding out for much since i've been faffing around with my points this week. Plus i've been making cupcakes and birthday cake for my daughters birthday tomorrow so obviously i've had to taste my work ;) :D

Last edited:
Day 35

Did about 50 minutes of tae bo today.

Today was supposed to be a rest day but it was my daughter b/day yesterday so I had the day off and switched yesterdays workout for today.

Day 36

45 minutes of core done today.
I couldn't really be bothered doing exercise today but just got on with it, my motivation has really been lacking latelty but i'm not going to stop I know i'll be so annoyed with myself if i quit.
I read a great quote yesterday:

"The best way to make dreams come true is to wake up"

I can't just expect to have my dream body without working at it so I need to get my head back in the game. I can do this and i will do it!

You're looking sooooo fab, keep it up gal! When the fitness and the lean-ness get there you will be smiling...

Day 37

Cardio

55minutes of cardio done today. I love cardio days, so tiring but worth it. Need to remember to keep sipping water during the workouts because i feel myself getting fatigued and then perk up oonce i've had a little drink. Isn't it amazing how little things like that can affect your performance.

Cardio

55minutes of cardio done today. I love cardio days, so tiring but worth it. Need to remember to keep sipping water during the workouts because i feel myself getting fatigued and then perk up oonce i've had a little drink. Isn't it amazing how little things like that can affect your performance.

I positively glug the water down as I sweat so much, I consume 2 litres during my gym time and then 2 litres more throughout the day.

Day 38

Nex your like a machine, but i really need to follow your example my water intake has been slipping lately.

Done 50 minutes of chest and triceps today, my arms are on FIRE! They will be hurting tomorrow. I love that post workout burn always makes you feel as if you've done a good job.

OH MY BLOODY GOD ...
LITTLE RED LOOK AT UR PROGRESS PICCIES!!
IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!! u look so fab its not even funny!! and im so envious of ur stomach!! spec considering u looked before like i did in the stomach!!

u have def motivated me to up the exercise!! gonne go back and reread this diary!! flipping hell girl ya should be so proud xxx

Back