Liz's Re Feed Diary. Start date: Wed 30th Sept

DAY 4

Breakfast- Vanilla shake with coffee and ice (Heaven!)

Lunch- 2 x small wholemeal pitta bread, with LF mayo with garlic purée and paprika added, salad- lettuce, tomato, cucumber and spring onion. Pudding- Low fat fromage frais.

Dinner- 2 x Quorn sausages cooked in George Forman along with 3 button mushrooms, portion of cabbage and leeks, 8 oz potato baked in oven filled with 2 tsps of LF natural yoghurt, all seasoned with paprika and pepper. Pudding- 2 strawberries, 3 raspberries and 3 blueberries topped with LF natural yoghurt.

Snack- (Supper time)- Pear and LT natural yoghurt.

Drinks- Water, sparkling water and coffee with skimmed milk.

Exercise- 50 x sit ups, 30 x press ups, exercise bike, and dance workout dvd. (No vibro plate at weekends- no childcare!)

Now, I must have eaten too much today!!! I know it is everything that is listed on the sheet, it just seems like a lot. I really hope I am following it right, and having the correct amounts as a.) I do not want to put on weight and b.) I am starting to enjoy eating again- it has taken me 4 days!! Am eating all healthy, low fat foods, and have not cheated, or craving anything I shouldn't. Could quite happily carry on like this if it is not weight inducing, for some weeks to come. I really hope it's ok!!

My mum and dad come for tea with my nephews, they bought the tea, so them and my boys had m+s cheese and onion quiche and broccoli and Stilton quiche, ham, ff coleslaw, ff potato salad,crusty bread with butter and salad, for pudding they had the fruit I had(but more!) with ff vanilla yoghurt and meringue. I had my dinner and wasn't bothered at all!! I used to enjoy that meal, but was fine. (You can't beat M+S food, but some of it is rather on the fatty side!!)

And I also think I am getting addicted to LF natural yoghurt, I used to hate it, thought it was so tasteless and plain, preferred ff greek yoghurt with honey, would never have dreamt of putting it on a potato, I was convinced it would be horrible, it would have been drowned in butter and cheese, but now I really love it!! Can't get enough of it lol. It has really amazed me how much our taste buds have changed. No sweet tooth, takeaway craze or junk! I understand I may have blips,(will try my best not to!) but I hope my heavy, unhealthy eating is a thing of the past. I feel like I owe my whole life to LT, hail the good shakes!!!

Last edited:
Liz, you are doing so well! You're day 4 menu looks fine! I know it seems like a lot but that is totally correct! It is amazing how our tastebuds have changed... I was the same with the baked potato - used to drown it in butter and have it with beans and cheese but now I love it with FF natural yoghurt and chives! Yummy in my tummy!

When do you get weighed? I'm sure you will be fine as you've been following the re-feed sheet to the letter!

x

Thank u, thank u, thank u. I really needed that reassurance I was doing it right. I emailed LT last night to get their opinion I was doing it correctly as there no one around on here, don't know where everyone has gone!

I get my first re-feed weigh in on Wed, so so nervous, I really hope I have a result like you, but I will gear myself up for at worst no more than 1lb gain, I really hope I do not get that, but if I prepare myself, I won't be heading for disappointment, so used to the big losses I have been accustomed to over the past 6 months.

menu looks great chick. The only advice i'd give is to listen to your body. You really dont have to finish your plate even if the food is considered 'healthy'. Your body will only need so much and after that you'll just be eating it cuz its there and so inevitably you might add a few pounds. Although i guess if you are exercising your body will need more than someones who doesnt...if that makes sense :D

Agree with Tanya - its a habit to clean your plate, just listen to what your body tells you. Took me a month or so to know when I was full up, before that I was like you and felt I had to eat everything on my plate, but I hated that stuffed feeling that comes soon afterwards. Now I have smaller portions and stop when I am full up. I wont have a desert though until at least 20 minutes after my main course, because it takes your body about 20 mins to register you are full, thats why I have taught myself to eat slower.

Ooooh i didnt know that mary! I mean i knew it took 20mins for your body to registar that your full but didnt know you had to wait 20mins after yer dinner - i just kinda thought it was 20mins from when you start eating :giggle:

Not set in concrete Tanya, but its just choice for me, half the time when I wait, I realise that I really dont want anything more, so save it for next meal or snack lol

DAY 5

Breakfast- Chocolate shake with ice and coffee.

Dinner- 2 x WW Grain slices of bread, LF mayo with garlic purée, 2 slices of lean ham, lettuce and tomato. V small side salad. Pudding- LF fromage frais.

Tea- Chicken breast marinated in LT natural yoghurt and variety of spices. 4 small new potatoes dry oven baked sprinkled with herbs and pepper. leek, spinach and sprouts, seasoned with hot chilli powder and pepper. Pudding- V small serving of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries, topped with LT natural yoghurt and sprinkling of ginger.

Drinks- Water and coffee with skimmed milk

Exercise- 2 mile walk around Sale Water Park with the boys (stopped to feed the ducks lol), 50 x sit ups, 30 x press ups and exercise bike.

Thanks for you responses. Still apprehensive about weight gain, and really fed up due to the hubby situation, miss my shakes for comfort and it was a struggle to eat.

DAY 6

Breakfast- Strawberry shake with ice.

Lunch- Last night's marinated chicken in a low fat wholemeal wrap with a small portion of salad. Pudding- LT fromage frais.

Dinner- Fish oven baked topped with lemon juice and parsley, baked jacket potato topped with LF natural yoghurt, portion of spinach, leek, sprouts and green beans. Pudding- small portion of strawberries, raspberries and 1/4 plum, topped with LF natural yoghurt and sprinkling of ginger.

Drinks- Water, coffee with skimmed milk.

Exercise- 60 x sit ups, 30 x press ups, exercise bike. Had a really busy day today, so didn't get a dinner break, and worked right up til 5.20, then had to pick the boys up, so didn't get time to use vibro plate (getting withdrawals!) Might see if I have time to go on twice tomorrow- working 9am-8pm.

Still feeling really rough today, physically and mentally! Determined to keep the weight off so made myself eat and exercise!

Ginger ... do you use it pure like grate it yourself or do you buy it dry or something? x

Told you I was going off the rails with the herby thing!! It's a novelty because I have never used them before, so I am putting anything on everything!! Buy it dried from the herb and spices section, only put on a sprinkle. Going to get some nutmeg and cinnamon next time I go shopping for a change!!

Hi Liz

You are doing really well!!!!!!

I love herbs, although do prefer the fresh ones, but only problem is they go off...I do freeze my fresh dill and parsley does freeze, although can only be used in soups and stews.......the taste is just amazing...maybe try getting some parsley and put some in your salad...oh, yummy...so nice.

Corriander is the same, you can make diced cucumber, diced tomato, diced red onion, with lemon (suppose to have olive oil, but I dont use it for me), with chopped corriander...it really is a nice alternative to a lettuce type salad.

also try, grated cucumber; (but make sure you get a paper towel and squeeze out the water), then get some natural yoghurt, and a TSP of dill (dried or fresh) and mix together..that is lovely too...

Just a few ideas for fresh herbs seeing you are getting into your herbs!! Maybe next year you can grow your own in a tub :)!!!!

Thank you, I may just do that. I have got some fresh parsley and dill in the fridge, but like u say it does go off. I love the spicy ones the best, have piled the hot chilli powder on my tea tonight- it is also supposed to boost your metabolism, as well as tasting fab! Love spicy food, but trying to avoid a curry. Once further into re-feed may attempt to buy one. Want to stear clear of take a ways!

Once I start making casseroles will be filling them with herbs, have been discreetly getting the boys used to the tastes over the past few weeks lol. Will also be trying out your suggestions as well, nice to have some expert advice, I have been making a few con coctions since re-feed!!

How are my menu's looking? I am getting very conscious that is getting very near to weigh in! Just hope I haven't messed things up in anyway!

DAY 7

Breakfast- Vanilla shake with coffee and ice.

Lunch- Tuna, mixed with 1 tsp of LT mayo mixed with garlic puree, lettuce, cucumber, sweetcorn, green beans, tomatoes and spring onions, seasoned with pepper. Pudding- LT from frais.

Snack- (at tea time, working til 8)- 2 slices of WW grain bread, with 2 slices of lean ham, lettuce and tomato, spread with LT mayo mixed with garlic puree, seasoned with pepper. Pudding - Nectarine topped with LF natural yoghurt, sprinkle of dried ginger.

Tea- Chicken filled with garlic and mushroom, sprinkled with hot chilli powder and pepper, 4 oz wholemeal pasta and 2 tblsps of green beans, cauliflower and brocolli. Pudding- strawberries, raspberries and 1/4 plum topped with LF natural yoghurt, sprinkle of dried ginger.

Drinks- Coffee with skimmed milk, water.

Exercise- 60 x sit ups, 30 x press ups, vibro plate x 10min.

Have I eaten too much today? With working late on a Tues, wanted to have a proper meal at home when I got in, in peace, but didnt fancy going from lunch until nearly 9pm without having anything to eat.

Weigh In day tomorrow!!! I really hope I have followed the re feed correctly, and not gained masses of weight, 1lb I can sort of live with- if it disappears next week!!! Funny how the weeks used to go that bit faster when on the shakes, this past week seems to have dragged!!! Oh well, we'll have to see what result tomorrow brings

DAY 8

Breakfast- Chocolate milkshake with ice and coffee.

Lunch- Some of last nights chicken with salad, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onion and balsamic vinegar, seasoned with pepper and chilli flakes. Pudding- LT fromage frais.

Snack- Pear.

Tea- Home made spaghetti bolognase- ingredients- dry fried veg- onion, garlic, mushrooms, mixed coloured peppers, courgettes, Quorn mince, and chopped tomatoes with basil and garlic, seasoned with pepper and hot chilli powder. 4 oz wholemeal spaghetti. Pudding - strawberries, raspberries, 1/4 peach topped with LF natural yoghurt.

Snack- Nectarine topped with LT natural yoghurt.

Drinks- Water and coffee's with skimmed milk.

Exercise- 10 min vibro plate, 60 x sit ups, 30 x press ups, exercise bike.

Had first weigh in today since started re feed and lost 4 lbs, was amazed and totally over the moon. So decided to celebrate by having a larger portion of bolognase sauce than I should have! I ate that much my stomach actually hurt!!! Then had pudding, then a snack a couple of hours later. My God, my first slip!!! I know it could have been worse, and I could have had something really unhealthy, but it was bad enough!! Why? Why? Why?? Feel really bad, and wander why an earth I did it! Will be cutting back tomorrow to minimise any damage that the big tea may have done. Even if it was low fat, my stomach will now be totally stretched!! Very dissapointed with myself!

I think having a 'treat' for a weight loss was and probably still is many of our downfalls ... whether we realised it or not. Try to steer away from doing so although its all to easy to think wahey i lost some weight i'll have that that and that :giggle: Well done on your weight loss though.

With your bolognaise sauce, was it a tin of chopped toms that you used or fresh ones? xx

I always use tinned myself- they usually work out cheaper (esp, own branded ones) and theres less faffing about preparing them! LOL!

Thanks Tanya, I don't know what happened, I just thought, I wasn't expecting to lose anything this week, so I can have a bigger portion, a major blip and I will never do it again. The guilt is horrid!! I will buy myself something next time I think!! Food is not a treat, it is fuel!!! Need to keep remembering that!!

I get my tomatoes from Sainsburys, they come in a carton, 200g I think, and they have garlic and basil in, and are really low fat/calories, and cheap too. They do other flavours such as olive oil and garlic, but that has a few more calories in. Wouldn't know how to make my own anyway lol

DAY 9

Breakfast- Strawberry shake with ice.

Lunch- Baked potato with last nights bolognase sauce for topping. Pudding- LT fromage frais.

Dinner- 1 1/2 quorn sausages cooked on George Forman, 1 tbsp of mixed veg, 1 1/2 new potatoes. Pudding- 2 x strawberries, 1/4 plum, 1/4 peach topped with LT fromage frais.

Drinks- Water and coffee's with skimmed milk.

Exercise- 60 x sit ups, 30 x press ups, exercise bike and 10 min vibro plate

Am feeling really poorly today, achey, sick, cough, cold, sore throat, have had it since Fri, but it's getting worse, was sent home at dinner today and really didn't feel like eating, would have quite happily had shakes all day today, my breakfast one perked me up a bit, it was so soothing on my throat, wanted to stick to the sheet, so forced myself to eat, albeit v small portions. Once I am established, next time I feel like this I will be having a shake day!! Also, made myself exercise, didn't feel like it and probably not a good idea when my body has no energy, but didn't want to come out of my routine!

Also, suffering my first episode of bum trouble!! Really bunged up, have never experienced that through LT. Still using my fibre clear in my morning shake, and drinking gallons of water. This eating thing really isn't agreeing me!! Never poorly, never had headaches and never suffered constipation whilst on the shakes full time!!!

sorry can i ask a question wats the brand name of the natural yogurt you use?

Back