Liz's Re Feed Diary. Start date: Wed 30th Sept

I get my tomatoes from Sainsburys, they come in a carton, 200g I think, and they have garlic and basil in, and are really low fat/calories, and cheap too. They do other flavours such as olive oil and garlic, but that has a few more calories in. Wouldn't know how to make my own anyway lol

Ahhhh cool - i just somehow thought you just bunged in actuall tomatoes chopped up and i was thinking how does it make a sauce! :giggle: Blonde moment! haha

Ahhhh cool - i just somehow thought you just bunged in actuall tomatoes chopped up and i was thinking how does it make a sauce! :giggle: Blonde moment! haha

LOL. I have plenty of those moments

sorry can i ask a question wats the brand name of the natural yogurt you use?

Ask away, I don't mind, it makes a change from me asking all the questions lol.

Just gone and got it out of the fridge- I normally buy one in a green tub from Sainsbury's, its organic. Got this one from Tesco, Onken Natural Fat Free Biopot Yoghurt. 500g, per 100g is 48kcal and 0.1g of fat, it is slightly creamier than the other one I got, and is really nice, considering it is so low fat.

I also bought some plain fromage frais as a change, this one also from Tesco. It is Tesco's Light Choices Normandy Fromage Frais, 500g, per 100g is 46kcal and 0.2g of fat. Had this tonight on my fruit and surprised how thick it was. Whilst ready the pot, I've just read what fromage frais really is- soft cheese!! I always thought it was a type of yoghurt!! There is my blonde moment for today!!.

For my lunch time pudding, I normally have a fruit based yoghurt. This week I am having 'Irish Yoghurts', Diet fat free Probiotic Yoghurt, in apricot+nectarine, pear+mango, strawberry, and fruits of the forests. Each pot 125g, per 100g 54kcal and 0.1g of fat.

That was a indepth reply lol, all you asked for was the name. Hope this helps anyway;)

Thanks dat was a brilliant answer i like indepth answers. Not too blonde i thought it was yogurt aswell haha! i live in Ireland so no sainbury's so thanks for the tip on tesco i know dat Onken stuff. Im trying to be as prepared as possible even though i have 8 weeks left on tfr haha!

That is the key to a successful re-feed, planning, planning and planning. It will be 8 weeks before you know it!! Time really flies when you are on LT. Good luck, hope it goes well for you

Hi Liz

Not been on for a few days, but you are doing well girl!!!! :) 4lb loss...what testament to your total commitment and you really are well prepared, which really is the key.

Dont worry too much about the blip...think positive and think what you would normally have had in days gone by...was it as bad as that! No doubt, the answer is NO!!

I remember someone posting something which has stuck with me...there is something about the treat after being weighed...I know when I used to go to WW/RC or Slimming world that it was a standing joke that the night of the club was the night that people had their treats!! Be it booze, a chippie, etc...and I wonder if it is inbuilt in us....

Maybe the fact you were worried about gaining, and then lost and an incredible amount, your mind went into that mode!!

Once is fine, so long as you know not to do it all the time, but then again, just remember, you need to learn to live with food and stop feeling guilty all the time. I am sure that will come with time and when you become more and more comfortable with you and the fact you are a thin person now.

The feeling of being overly full will help you too..I HATE that feeling and never want to feel it. I know when I have had too much, so it does stop me on occasions going too far as I just cant stand that feeling of fullness...give me hunger feelings any day.

But, on the whole Liz, you really are doing incredibly well and hats off to you for what you have lost to date!!

Take care!

Thank you very much for your reassuring words, I feel this journey is very hard, and it really helps to get encouragement. I am starting to find night time's that bit hard again. If I can't control the hunger I will have some fruit with LF yoghurt, serves me right for having big portions and stretching my stomach again. Fine during the day, it is just at night time, it bothers me a bit.

Still feel guilty eating food, and wandering what damage it has caused!! So, so scared of putting weight on. Hopefully when I get to my target weight, less than half a stone to go, I may start to feel better, and a bit more at ease, but hopefully not too at ease, that I have a binge!

As regards to the treat after weigh in, I can so relate, at least when we were on LT cheating with food was totally out of the question. Hopefully, next week, if I do have another loss, I will have learnt from my mistake!!

Any, sorry for rambling again, thanks again for your kind words, and keep me reassured I am on the right tracks.

DAY 10

Breakfast- Vanilla shake with ice and coffee. (Still my absolute favourite meal of the day!!)

Lunch- Small wholemeal wrap, a few Quorn chicken pieces dry fried with onion, hot chilli powder, dried mixed herbs and pepper, topped on wrap with lettuce and tomato. Pudding- LF mango and pear ff.

Dinner- Salmon oven baked with parsley, lemon juice, mixed dried herbs and pepper, oven roasted veg (carrots, parsnips, onions and garlic, topped with mixed dried herbs and pepper), 2 small new potatoes. Pudding- 1 x strawberry, 5 blueberries, 1/4 peach, 1/4 plum, topped with LT fromage frais.

Drinks- Water and coffees with skimmed milk.

Exercise- 10 min vibro plate, 60 x sit ups, 30 x press ups, exercise bike and 10 min salsasize dvd (How complicated, but got my heart pumping!)

Still luuuurrvve the shakes, but quite enjoyed my two food meals today, the chicken wrap and salmon with roasted veg were something I have not had for months, and they were delicious. The boys wolfed the tea down. I am so surprised how nice and tasty low fat meals can be. This diet has been a real eye opener, rather than just opting for full fatty, stodgy meals I used to live on 6 months ago!!

Thank you very much for your reassuring words, I feel this journey is very hard, and it really helps to get encouragement. I am starting to find night time's that bit hard again. If I can't control the hunger I will have some fruit with LF yoghurt, serves me right for having big portions and stretching my stomach again. Fine during the day, it is just at night time, it bothers me a bit.

Still feel guilty eating food, and wandering what damage it has caused!! So, so scared of putting weight on. Hopefully when I get to my target weight, less than half a stone to go, I may start to feel better, and a bit more at ease, but hopefully not too at ease, that I have a binge!

As regards to the treat after weigh in, I can so relate, at least when we were on LT cheating with food was totally out of the question. Hopefully, next week, if I do have another loss, I will have learnt from my mistake!!

Any, sorry for rambling again, thanks again for your kind words, and keep me reassured I am on the right tracks.

Liz
I understand 100% - night time is my worst! I struggle in my mind, CONSTANTLY....I have come to the realisation this...might help!
BREKKIE - after you have this, you have lunch to look forward to.
LUNCH - after this, you have dinner to look forwad to.
DINNER - after this! SUPPOSELY NOTHING TILL MORNING!!!

My theory is, that it is a mind game and we reckon we want something else now that we have had brekkie, lunch and dinner....hahah...

But, at night I want to munch. I never did on LT as there was no option and I just looked forward to a sparkly water or a black coffee, but now, the world of food has opened up!!

Personally, I dont think it will be any easier when you or I get to goal, because I reckon it is a learning curve and we have to learn to think like a thin person and I dont think that happens overnight. We will no doubt have to always just watch or we could quite easily put it all back on again...I have seen so many people lose loads, then start to eat like they used to and put it all back on,,so it is something we need to be aware of.

Sorry, sounds all doom and gloom, but I just think I am trying to get you to change your thought processes...food isnt naughty, it is our perception of it. What stops me binging most of the time is when I think of my little skirt in the wardrobe and how that makes me feel...I never want that to be too small for me again, so, for some reason that stops me. I have to have a fight with my mind and my thoughts. One day I hope this fight will disappear slightly.

Dont be too hard on yourself Liz. You have done incredibly well and you are doing a lot of exercise, which also helps...so, dont keep fearing food cause it could become a negative as you will just keep craving all the time. Enjoy the new you and eating nice and healthy...if you want a snack in the evening, have it, but make it a healthy choice, but it isnt naughty..is it? You just need to get that into perspective.

Hope this has helped.

Take care.

hey liz, can i just say how well youve done on your journey, also i hope you dont mind iv been borrowing a few of your ideas for food as im on day 2 of refeed, and im finding your diary a tremendous help xx

Liz
I understand 100% - night time is my worst! I struggle in my mind, CONSTANTLY....I have come to the realisation this...might help!
BREKKIE - after you have this, you have lunch to look forward to.
LUNCH - after this, you have dinner to look forwad to.
DINNER - after this! SUPPOSELY NOTHING TILL MORNING!!!
OMG! Have you tapped into my mind??? That is my exact thought process!!! Had a busy day today, so didn't get tea until 9 30, so I won't snack tonight, but I was sit here before I read this how it's nearly time for my next meal in the morning!! Isn't it strange, was so weird reading someone write exactly what I think every day!!

My theory is, that it is a mind game and we reckon we want something else now that we have had brekkie, lunch and dinner....hahah...

But, at night I want to munch. I never did on LT as there was no option and I just looked forward to a sparkly water or a black coffee, but now, the world of food has opened up!!

Personally, I dont think it will be any easier when you or I get to goal, because I reckon it is a learning curve and we have to learn to think like a thin person and I dont think that happens overnight. We will no doubt have to always just watch or we could quite easily put it all back on again...I have seen so many people lose loads, then start to eat like they used to and put it all back on,,so it is something we need to be aware of.

Sorry, sounds all doom and gloom, but I just think I am trying to get you to change your thought processes...food isnt naughty, it is our perception of it. What stops me binging most of the time is when I think of my little skirt in the wardrobe and how that makes me feel...I never want that to be too small for me again, so, for some reason that stops me. I have to have a fight with my mind and my thoughts. One day I hope this fight will disappear slightly.

Do you know, went out with the boys to the past today, and each time we o out, I always take pics, and have been looking at them all night, thinking, I actually look good!! I would never like my pic taken before, but now I want as many as I can get!! My mum even said I looked about 18 (I'm 29 lol, bless her). I never want this looking/being thin to ever, ever end. But yes, I do hope our journey get's easier, but are still successful at the maintaining the weight

Dont be too hard on yourself Liz. You have done incredibly well and you are doing a lot of exercise, which also helps...so, dont keep fearing food cause it could become a negative as you will just keep craving all the time. Enjoy the new you and eating nice and healthy...if you want a snack in the evening, have it, but make it a healthy choice, but it isnt naughty..is it? You just need to get that into perspective.

Hope this has helped.

Take care.

You have helped me tremendously with your lovely posts, I really appreciate you taking the time to sit down and reply to me, no one on the outside world really knows the thoughts and feelings we have been through, and are still going through on this journey, and it is so nice that we can relate to each other. Your comments really keep me going!!!

Again, thank you for reassuring me and encouraging me, it really helps like you wouldn't believe!! Hope I can return the favour one day ;)

hey liz, can i just say how well youve done on your journey, also i hope you dont mind iv been borrowing a few of your ideas for food as im on day 2 of refeed, and im finding your diary a tremendous help xx

Aw, bless, thank you very much. You can use whatever menu's you want, i really hope they help. And I hope you are doing ok with your re feed, wish you all the best :cool:

DAY 11

Breakfast- Chocolate shake with ice and coffee

Lunch- 2 x WW whole grain slices of bread, 2 slices of lean ham, topped with lettuce and home made coleslaw (made with lf mayo, carrots, onion and cabbage), small side salad consisting of tomatoes and cucumber. Pudding- LF fruit fromage frais.

Dinner- Tuna steak cooked in George Forman, topped with cayenne pepper, paprika, hot chilli powder, chilli flakes and pepper (hot stuff!!), 4oz wholemeal pasta, mange tois, baby sweetcorn and green beans. Pudding- 1/2 plum, mango and blueberries topped with LF fromage frais with a sprinkle of nutmeg.

Drinks- Water, coffee with skimmed milk, 2 x diet cokes.

Exercise- 60 x sit ups, 30 x press ups, exercise bike, couple of hours in leisurely walk in the park with the boys and a play on the swings!!(Never been able to fit on them before, and I can really feel them work tummy muscles!)

Ate really late tonight, busy day today, so no snacking tonight. Felt quite good today, image wise, which makes a change!! Took the boys to my mum and dad's after the park, and they did the boys a snack, soup and some bread, I didn't have any. I have not eaten any one else's food or eaten anywhere else (apart from work), then at home, I would rather wait and sit down in peace with my food!! Another strange obsession I have developed since going back on food!! I enjoy the cooking and preparing my own food, and know what is in it, so strange lol.

Had fun making the homemade coleslaw- cut a big chunk out of 2 fingers when I was grating the cabbage, never seen so much blood!!!! Bandaged up, then carried on making it, it was so yummy, and guilt free!! My first cooking accident, and I am sure the first of many!!

DAY 12

Breakfast- Strawberry shake with ice.

Lunch- 2 slices of WW grain bread with a sliver of lf mustard, 2 slices of lean ham, home made coleslaw and lettuce, small side salad. Pudding- WW yoghurt- apple and toffee. 68 cals of pure passion!!!!

Tea- Roast chicken with mixed herbs, hot chilli powder and pepper seasoning, dry roasted potatoes seasoned with mixed herbs, hot chilli powder and pepper and spinach, green beans, sprouts, mange touts and baby sweetcorn. Pudding- blueberries, melon, grape, mango, strawberry topped with lf fromage frais, sprinkled with nutmeg.

Drinks- Water, coffee with skimmed milk.

Exercise- 60 x sit ups, 30 x press ups, exercise bike.

Hungry, hungry, hungry today!!! Went for a wander round our local shopping centre, have got a job interview on Fri, so thought I might treat myself to something smart. Tried on this size 10 just below the knee straight skirt, and it looked fab, but the bloody zip was broken!!! Was gutted, it was reduced in price, and I am no sewing queen so had to put it back. Will have another look somewhere else during the week. Wish I had loads more money, there are so many lovely clothes I would love to buy!! (And shoes, hats, scarves, jewellery, make up,........, ah well)

I love your refeed diary its always got such great ideas in it! Im a firm believer in herbs and spices so its nice to see you can do it on refeed. i have great fun using them now cooking for my family. tried cumin seeds today wow they burnt my nose haha lovely smell too!

DAY 13

Breakfast- Vanilla shake with coffee (Left my ice at home, shake was yuk!)

Dinner- Small wholemeal wrap filled with chicken, lettuce, tomato and green beans, small side salad, all seasoned with mixed herbs, hot chilli powder and mixed herbs. Pudding- WW strawberry tart yoghurt.

Tea- Fish oven baked in tin foil topped with fresh dill, lemon juice, pepper, mixed herbs and hot chilli powder, med baked potato filled with LF mayo, sprouts, green beans, cauliflower and brocolli, all seasoned with mixed herbs, pepper, and hot chilli powder. Pudding- strawberry, mango, plum and 2 grapes topped with LF natural yoghurt.

Supper- Nectarine topped with LF natural yoghurt.

Drinks- Water, coffees with skimmed milk

Exercise- 60 x sit ups, 30 x press ups, exercise bike and 10 min vibro plate.

Still feeling really poorly, body aches all over, headache, cough, cold, feel really lousy, have had it for 12 days now!! It is very getting me down, feeling really fed up today :-(

You have helped me tremendously with your lovely posts, I really appreciate you taking the time to sit down and reply to me, no one on the outside world really knows the thoughts and feelings we have been through, and are still going through on this journey, and it is so nice that we can relate to each other. Your comments really keep me going!!!

Again, thank you for reassuring me and encouraging me, it really helps like you wouldn't believe!! Hope I can return the favour one day ;)

Hi Liz
Sorry I havent posted much the past few days....you are really doing well from reading your diary!

DAY 13

Breakfast- Vanilla shake with coffee (Left my ice at home, shake was yuk!)

Dinner- Small wholemeal wrap filled with chicken, lettuce, tomato and green beans, small side salad, all seasoned with mixed herbs, hot chilli powder and mixed herbs. Pudding- WW strawberry tart yoghurt.

Tea- Fish oven baked in tin foil topped with fresh dill, lemon juice, pepper, mixed herbs and hot chilli powder, med baked potato filled with LF mayo, sprouts, green beans, cauliflower and brocolli, all seasoned with mixed herbs, pepper, and hot chilli powder. Pudding- strawberry, mango, plum and 2 grapes topped with LF natural yoghurt.

Supper- Nectarine topped with LF natural yoghurt.

Drinks- Water, coffees with skimmed milk

Exercise- 60 x sit ups, 30 x press ups, exercise bike and 10 min vibro plate.

Still feeling really poorly, body aches all over, headache, cough, cold, feel really lousy, have had it for 12 days now!! It is very getting me down, feeling really fed up today :-(

Liz
Hope you are feeling better...if not, have you seen the doctor???? You have been feeling so poorly for such a long time as well.....

DAY 14

Breakfast- Chocolate shake with ice and coffee

Lunch- Tuna mixed with LF mayo and garlic purree, mixed salad. Pudding- WW Yoghurt

Snack- (5pm, working until 8pm)- 2 x slices of WW bread with mustard, 2 lean slices of ham and lettuce.

Tea- (after work about 8 45) Chicken cooked on George Forman topped with herbs and spices, oven dry roasted veg, 4oz wholemeal pasta, all topped with herbs and spice. Pudding- Mixed fruits topped with LF natural yoghurt.

Drinks- Water, coffees

Excercise- 10 x vibro plate, 60 x sit ups, 10 x press ups(these all nearly killed me, couldn't manage the exercise bike)

Didn't post yesterday, as soon as tea went straight to bed, felt so awaful, aching all over, have not got the energy to do anything. Uni work is starting to suffer, really short staffed at work, so have to come in!

Liz
Hope you are feeling better...if not, have you seen the doctor???? You have been feeling so poorly for such a long time as well.....

Aw, thanks for your concern. No feeling horrible today. It's over 2 weeks now. I work in a GP surgery and one of the dr's said it can normal!! They don't want me going off sick I think!
I want my shakes back!!! Was never ill on them!!
Hope your ok

Back