Liz's Re Feed Diary. Start date: Wed 30th Sept

DAY 15 (WEIGH IN DAY)

Breakfast- Strawberry shake with ice.

Lunch- Smaller portion of last nights tea (all I could be bothered doing) WW yoghurt

Snack- Pear

Tea- Chicken cooked on George Forman, small baked potato with a v small amount of LF mayo, cauliflower, brocolli, sprouts, and green beans, all sprinkled with herbs, spices and pepper. Pudding- Assorted fruits topped with LF natural yoghurt.

Drinks- Water and coffee

Exercise- 60 x sit ups, 30 x press ups, exercise bike and 10 min vibro plate.

Well, had my second re-feed weigh in and lost 1LB!!! Have been so ill all week, but forced myself to keep up with the exercising and made myself stick to the sheet, even though I didn't fancy, and I get rewarded with only a lb!! I know I shouldn't grumble, just a bit disappointed, it is my lowest weigh in yet. At least it wasn't a gain!! When that happens it will be back on the shakes straight away!! Have got 6lbs left to lose to get my target weight of 9st9lbs, I am just v impatient!!

Last edited:
Aw, thanks for your concern. No feeling horrible today. It's over 2 weeks now. I work in a GP surgery and one of the dr's said it can normal!! They don't want me going off sick I think!
I want my shakes back!!! Was never ill on them!!
Hope your ok

I think you may feel worse on the shakes as your body is obviously really run down.....but I know what you mean! Plus, the shakes were less hassle :) No need to think what you needed to eat.

I do think it is dragging on; is it a viral thing you have now, do you reckon?

Poor you..take it easy and maybe lay off the exercise for a little bit. Your body could be telling you that it really hasnt the energy and to be kind to it.

Hope you get better soon sweetie!

DAY 15 (WEIGH IN DAY)

Breakfast- Strawberry shake with ice.

Lunch- Smaller portion of last nights tea (all I could be bothered doing) WW yoghurt

Will edit later for tea

Well, had my second re-feed weigh in and lost 1LB!!! Have been so ill all week, but forced myself to keep up with the exercising and made myself stick to the sheet, even though I didn't fancy, and I get rewarded with only a lb!! I know I shouldn't grumble, just a bit disappointed, it is my lowest weigh in yet. At least it wasn't a gain!! When that happens it will be back on the shakes straight away!! Have got 6lbs left to lose to get my target weight of 9st9lbs, I am just v impatient!!

Oh Liz...dont get into that frame of mind..seriously. It is going to be slower, you have to accept that at the end of the day. The shakes are great, yes, but dont rely on them for the last few pounds..I think the fact you are re-educating your eating habits and losing at the same time is incredible.

I think you need to be a wee bit more positive ;-)!!!

You will get there, but dont make yourself poorly into the bargain - remember you have the rest of your life to live as well and 6lb in the grand scheme of things isnt that much...so long as you are healthy and happy...

Ok, lecture over :)

Just as I said in my last post, be kind to your body at the minute, it is obviously tired and not so well .

Hey missy! well done on your 1lb loss .... (gives me a lead :giggle:) Dont stress too much about those last 6lbs ... easier said than done though isnt it. You will get there :) xxx

I think you may feel worse on the shakes as your body is obviously really run down.....but I know what you mean! Plus, the shakes were less hassle :) No need to think what you needed to eat.

I do think it is dragging on; is it a viral thing you have now, do you reckon?

Poor you..take it easy and maybe lay off the exercise for a little bit. Your body could be telling you that it really hasnt the energy and to be kind to it.

Hope you get better soon sweetie!

Thank you. I think an influential factor is things really not looking good with the hubby situation, a permanent separation is on the cards, so I don't think that is helping the situation. Thin and single!! Typical for my luck!!

I just so want to get to where I want to with my weight goal, just to make myself feel better, self-esteem and confidence has taken a serious knock, even with the weight loss!

I feel, even though my body is probably screaming at me not to, if I don't exercise, the weight will pile back back!! have got some studpid thoughts going on in my head at the moment, haven't I???

Thanks for your +ve comments though

Oh Liz...dont get into that frame of mind..seriously. It is going to be slower, you have to accept that at the end of the day. The shakes are great, yes, but dont rely on them for the last few pounds..I think the fact you are re-educating your eating habits and losing at the same time is incredible.

I think you need to be a wee bit more positive ;-)!!!

You will get there, but dont make yourself poorly into the bargain - remember you have the rest of your life to live as well and 6lb in the grand scheme of things isnt that much...so long as you are healthy and happy...

Ok, lecture over :)

Just as I said in my last post, be kind to your body at the minute, it is obviously tired and not so well .

See my above post to my reasons why.

I don't mind lectures, I need someone to keep steering in the right direction, as I think I am on destruction mode at the moment, with a touch of irrational thinking!!

Hey missy! well done on your 1lb loss .... (gives me a lead :giggle:) Dont stress too much about those last 6lbs ... easier said than done though isnt it. You will get there :) xxx

Tanya, I am cutting all contact with you!! Here and FB lol, I am not having this 3lb lead now!!! I will get those 6lbs shifted somehow!!!! You have done so well, keep up the good work, don't worry about me lagging behind............;)

haha come on girl you can do it :) Pull your head out the sand and look forward to next weeks weigh in :)

xxxxx

Well done on your loss babe and i know all your personal stuff is prob wats really getting to you and you just want control of one thing but if you keep losing while your still eating you shud stick to it coz you are creating a new life and view of food so dont think you shud do back on the shakes straight away its the easy way out and you cant do it for the rest of your life. Your doing do well an are such an inspiration so i know you will be ok just keep goin and you will get there. you have proved that on tfr and you are doing it on refeed as well. xxx

Well done on your loss babe and i know all your personal stuff is prob wats really getting to you and you just want control of one thing but if you keep losing while your still eating you shud stick to it coz you are creating a new life and view of food so dont think you shud do back on the shakes straight away its the easy way out and you cant do it for the rest of your life. Your doing do well an are such an inspiration so i know you will be ok just keep goin and you will get there. you have proved that on tfr and you are doing it on refeed as well. xxx

Aw, thanks for that, I know I can't rely on the shakes, but they just seem so safe, a comfort zone. I am a tough cookie, and will pull through the other side- some how, sometimes you get so tired of battling and fighting. Hopefully, just having an off day, hope I perk up soon!!
Thanks again for your kind words xx

Hi Liz

You really are going through the wars at the minute...my heart goes out to you. It isnt an easy time separating...been there, and it does take it's toll, but just keep remembering where you have come from. Try and not let what is going on make you reach for food as a comfort.

I understand fully why you hold onto the shakes....you know hun, if this gets you through, you will have to just stick with them..which is normally contrary to what I would normally say. I think you have enough to contend with.

I dont think anything anyone says will make it any less difficult for you at this time; but I do hope you and your hubby can talk and not be nasty with each other..and maybe that will help a little, but I am very sorry to hear that it is going to lead to permanent separation, although I know you did say before that it wasnt looking good.

On the positive, you are thinner and I am sure (although not on your mind at the mo) there are plenty of guys out there who will be desparate to get to know you! I know, early days, but dont despair...there is life after....honestly - it just may take a while.

Take care and you are doing so well..and if it is 1lb a week, it will take you six weeks and that will give you a goal to look forward to.

Thank u, I can assure you I won't be reaching for food for comfort, I have come too far for that to happen!! My appetite is practically non existent anyway. As long as I still have my morning shake, I will settle for that!! It is better than none at all!! So will just stick to what I am doing.

Yes, the separation is hard, it is so hard, but we couldn't carry on the way we were, it was not good for anyone, especially my boys. I am sure I will pull through somehow.

Still feeling grotty today, the aching had eased slightly, although has come back tonight. Have had a storming headache all day, along with the dreaded cough and cold.

On the plus side, (yes, I do have one somewhere lol), I have a job interview tomorrow, at Greater Manchester Police. I have sent in god knows how many application forms for various posts, and this is my first interview (not including the voluntary post I already do at GMP). It is for Witness Care Officer. I am really excited and nervous. Hopefully this will be my foot on the ladder on my new career choice in the criminal justice system. Have treated myself to a new knee length black skirt (never would have worn a skirt before!), and a lovely blouse, to hopefully make a good impression!! Will be keeping my fingers crossed it all goes well, and that I don't look too rough with my virus!!

DAY 16

Breakfast- Vanilla shake with ice and coffee.

Lunch- Kiddies wholemeal wrap with some of last nights chicken shredded with teeny salad. WW fruit yoghurt.

Tea- In-laws won some money, so wanted to take us all out for a meal, went to a carvery- my first meal out in months and months and months!!! So had roast turkey, 2 boiled potatoes, cabbage, carrots and broccoli, substituted gravy for some mustard. Skipped the pudding that everyone else had and had a plum with LF natural yoghurt when I got home.

Drinks- Water and coffee, 2 sparkling waters when at the carvery

Exercise- 10 min vibro plate, 60 x sit ups, 30 x press ups, exercise bike.

Just hope and pray the veg had no oils or butter on, couldn't taste it but you never know. Must admit the yorkshire puddings and stuffing looked yummy, but unnecessary cals so did without, and had a guilt free night!! Although, the turkey portion was rather large!!! But hopefully passed the test of my first meal out. Will probably reduce my portions tomorrow and do a bit more exercise tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

Well done hun im so delighted that ur attitude to food has changed so much! If i do half as well as you are ill be chuffed. Thanks for sharing Hun!

On the plus side, (yes, I do have one somewhere lol), I have a job interview tomorrow, at Greater Manchester Police. I have sent in god knows how many application forms for various posts, and this is my first interview (not including the voluntary post I already do at GMP). It is for Witness Care Officer. I am really excited and nervous. Hopefully this will be my foot on the ladder on my new career choice in the criminal justice system. Have treated myself to a new knee length black skirt (never would have worn a skirt before!), and a lovely blouse, to hopefully make a good impression!! Will be keeping my fingers crossed it all goes well, and that I don't look too rough with my virus!!

Well done on getting an interview chick :) I am extremely jealous that i cant even get my foot on the ladder at the minute :( booo lol Hope it goes well for you xx

Well done hun im so delighted that ur attitude to food has changed so much! If i do half as well as you are ill be chuffed. Thanks for sharing Hun!

I am sure you will, some days are better than others, but trying with all my will to stick to it, and so far no giving's in. Pretty peckish tonight, but I think that is a comfort thing. Will just have some fruit later to try and subside it! Good luck with your journey

Well done on getting an interview chick :) I am extremely jealous that i cant even get my foot on the ladder at the minute :( booo lol Hope it goes well for you xx

It has taken me about 10 million applications to them before I got an interview, I just hope it doesn't get to 10 million interviews before I get offered a job!!!

Well, will find out in a week if I have been successful. Wow the interview was gruelling, loads of scenario questions, answered them all pretty much straight away and hopefully with enough detail, but we'll have to see!! Would be great if I got it, not just for my career, but it is flexi time, so that would work well around the boys hopefully. The way my luck is going at the moment, I'm not holding my breathe!! Will keep you posted

DAY 17

Breakfast- Chocolate shake with ice and coffee

Lunch- Small baked potato filled with tuna, sweetcorn, spring onion and LF mayo, small side salad, all topped with herbs, spices and pepper. Pudding- WW fruit yoghurt

Dinner- Chicken, cauliflower, sprouts, green beans and carrots, 4oz of wholemeal pasta, topped with herbs, spices and pepper. Pudding- Mixed fruit with LF natural yoghurt

Snack- Pear with LF natural yoghurt

Drinks- Water and coffees

Exercise- 10 min vibro plate, 60 x sit ups, 30 x press ups, exercise bike.

Still grotty, still fed up!!:cry:

Well done Liz on the 1lb loss..gosh, if I had lost 5lbs in 2 weeks and eating I would have been dancing! Honestly...that is really good considering your body is adjusting to eating again and your glycogen levels are filling too.....you are doing well; and remember, eventually you wont be wanting to lose weight, just maintain, so it is good getting used to not having huge losses all the time ;-) Well, that is what I think!

Good luck with the job....I actually went to college with a girl that works at GMP and she has been there for a good few years and loves it. I hope you are able to get in as I know it is a good organisation to work for! We did AAT together and her company paid for her to train...so, fingers crossed for you.

Back