Liz's Re Feed Diary. Start date: Wed 30th Sept

Thanks hun, fingers crossed, need to keep up with you anyway lol.

Have just been reading through your menu's. Having your chicken curry tomorrow, cannot wait, and your prawns on a baked potato sounds lovely, going to try that one day next week. Hope your re feed is going ok, you have done fab x

Hi Liz

Hope you have fully recovered from your drinking binge :)!!!! I am sure you have reigned in since it and will be ok for your WI...you are doing incredibly well :) Well done!!

Look forward to hearing how your WI goes.

Just got me jacket pot in the oven now - cant wait for it! :giggle:

How'd your weigh in go today chick?x

Hiya hun, only a lb this week. At least it wasn't a gain! There is my punishment for having a drink binge!! Who knows what would have happened if I had gone off the rails with food too!! Will be towing the line this week now!!

Hope you enjoyed your baked spud xx

Baked spud was divine!

Well done on your lb loss ... how much more do you want to lose? There really will be nothing left of you! :giggle:
I cant wait for a drink on saturday with me home made healthy curry - yum yum!! :drool:

Glad you enjoyed your spud, I really enjoy them now too, have mine with LF mayo on most of the time. Might try your prawn and mayo mixed on one when I next go shopping.

Not sure how much more, think I am just used to the buzz of losing weight each week, and just don't want to end. Lower 9's I think will definately be it! (Have moved my target weight more time than hot dinners!!) At 9st 8lbs now.

Enjoy your drink at the weekend. Have bought my chicken curry ingredients today, so will be making it after work, if no disasters happen in the meantime!

Let me know how you get on with the curry - i cant wait to make it :D xxx

DAY 30

Breakfast- Strawberry shake with ice

Lunch- Baked potato with tuna, sweetcorn and LF mayo, small side salad. WW yoghurt.

Tea- White oven baked fish, baked potato with LF mayo, mixed veg.

Drinks- Water and coffees

Exercise- 10 x min vibro plate, 70 x sit ups, 50 x press ups, exercise bike

Ooops, just realised I had two baked spuds, am I going to have reaction weight wise?? Was supposed to making chicken curry, but didn't get in til late and the boys had their whilst we were at their nana's so no point making curry for one. Was tired, and didn't realise I had already had a spud earlier on!

The refeed sheet says 2 lots of carbs from day 4 onwards - so sandwich for lunch and pots for dinner. Shouldnt make a difference if you have pot for lunch and dinner aslong as they not bigger than 8oz :)

Thanks hun, must admit, as I have been on re feed for 4 weeks, I have got out of the habit of measuring ie pots, chicken and veg. I suppose if I am following the re feed, I should it properly in order to lose, may also explain the 1lb loss this week. I have ticked myself off, and will get back into the habit!! Thanks

DAY 31

Breakfast- Chocolate milkshake with coffee and ice

Lunch- 2 slices WW grain bread, 2 lean slices of ham, lettuce and tomato. Small side salad. WW yoghurt

Tea- Tanya's chicken curry made as per instructions (only addition mushrooms), wholemeal rice. Pudding- HELP!!!! I have a red grape obsession!!! OMG I can't stop eating them!!!! Had a couple with 1/2 plum and 1 strawberry topped with LF natural yoghurt.

Drinks- Water and coffees.

Exercise- Usual.

The tea was lush. It made a nice change having something different to eat, the curry was yummy, thanks Tanya. Hope you enjoy it on sat. Really enjoyed the pudding. But I cannot stop eating red grapes. Somebody stop me now!!!!!! I really CANNOT stop eating them!!

Not wishing to be pedantic but the idea of refeed is to stay the same really. Well - strictly speaking it's to reintroduce 'normal' foods in such a way that you don't have a sudden gain - but you know that.

All I'm saying is that your comment about following the refeed properly in order to lose weight is a belief that could lead to disappointment which is why I'm sticking by big nose in ;).

I know you have lost loads using the refeed sheet and that's great .... it's really unusual though and I just didn't want you to get disappointed.

You're doing brilliantly and I'm sure that - whatever happens this week, it won't be any different because if that potato. xx

Ooooh the dreaded red grapes! full of natural sugars, very yummy and very moreish arent they! Simple solution i find - just dont buy em! haha x

Not wishing to be pedantic but the idea of refeed is to stay the same really. Well - strictly speaking it's to reintroduce 'normal' foods in such a way that you don't have a sudden gain - but you know that.

All I'm saying is that your comment about following the refeed properly in order to lose weight is a belief that could lead to disappointment which is why I'm sticking by big nose in ;).

I know you have lost loads using the refeed sheet and that's great .... it's really unusual though and I just didn't want you to get disappointed.

You're doing brilliantly and I'm sure that - whatever happens this week, it won't be any different because if that potato. xx

Ok, so where do I go. The reason why I have stayed on re feed for so long is-

a.) I am quite happy still having one shake a day- didn't particularly want to give the three shakes, but I have compromised to one!

b.) I am quite enjoying the food and the plan. I feel I still need the strictness of a structured plan in order to stay on track, and still lose weight.

c.) I would like to loose at least another 1/2 stone.

Had my first really bad food day yesterday. Firstly with the grapes, then at supper time I had 2 slices of WW toast with Extra Light Laughing Cow cheese. Was really fed up and wanted the comfort element of food. Not felt like that since before I started LT, and my God did a lot of guilt set in! It was horrid!

I would still like to carry on with the shakes once a day. I feel I need a structured plan to stick to in order to stay on track. Not sure whether what I have been having since eating again is making me feel deprived. If I had have had any chocolate, or crisps etc in the house last night I would have eaten it!! So scared of going back to my old ways. Any tips to help me stay on track would be really greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your post Jan. Don't worry about what you say, I will always take it on board.

Liz ... when you made the curry did you use natural yog or from frais?
As ive just put a bit of from frais with the spices into the pan to see how itd react to the heat and it looks like it 'split'. So ive just been and bought some nat yog LF (just like the recipe stated originally lol)

I do agree with Jan though - although its nice to lose whilst on refeed it is actually to help the glycogen stores build back up slowly and help us maintain the weight were at before we start refeed.

Its more than likely a comfort thing ... do you really need to lose half a stone more? I think you look ace the way you are sweetie :D Maybe cut down the shakes to 2or 3 a week and start by introducing breakfasts slowly ... might take the element of scarieness away. There are some very healthy things that we can have for brekkie - its just taking the plunge and ditching the shakes. We cant live on them forever! :) xxx

There again you see - no you can't live on the shakes for ever but in actual fact, if having a shake or a maintenance product for breakfast every day is going to help keep you on track I don't see anything wrong with it myself.

I also don't see anything wrong with following the refeed sheet for ever and a day if that's what you need/want to stay in control - it's no more than a healthy eating plan really once it gets to days 4-7. All I was saying was that sticking to it to the letter might not lead to weight loss because that isn't what it was designed for so not to be disappointed.

Again just mho :) xx

Liz ... when you made the curry did you use natural yog or from frais?
As ive just put a bit of from frais with the spices into the pan to see how itd react to the heat and it looks like it 'split'. So ive just been and bought some nat yog LF (just like the recipe stated originally lol)

I used natural yoghurt

I do agree with Jan though - although its nice to lose whilst on refeed it is actually to help the glycogen stores build back up slowly and help us maintain the weight were at before we start refeed.

Its more than likely a comfort thing ... do you really need to lose half a stone more? I think you look ace the way you are sweetie :D Maybe cut down the shakes to 2or 3 a week and start by introducing breakfasts slowly ... might take the element of scarieness away. There are some very healthy things that we can have for brekkie - its just taking the plunge and ditching the shakes. We cant live on them forever! :) xxx

It is definately a comfort thing I think. I ve really fluffed up this weekend, with the food and alcohol. 2 nights out!!! Not sure if it's because I have been off work with the boys for half term, haven't a clue, but since the grape blip just cannot get focused and back to how I was. Really scary as I really thought I had beaten the food demon, but I really haven't. So fed up.

DAY 32

Breakfast- Strawberry shake

Lunch- Ham salad sandwich made with ww grain bread. ww fruit yoghurt

Tea- Fish, baked pot and mixed veg. Mixed fruit and lf ff

DAY 33

Breakfast- Vanilla shake with ice and coffee

Lunch- 2 x ww grain bread toasted, with extra light laughing cow cheese, 2 lean slices of ham and lettuce. WW yoghurt

Tea- 2 quorn sausages with baked potato and mixed veg. Mixed fruit and lf ff

DAY 34

Breakfast- Chocolate shake with ice and coffee

Lunch- Quorn chicken pieces, dry fried with onion, garlic and mushrooms and a wrap. WW yoghurt.

Dinner- Pork cooked on George, roasted veg, dry roast potatoes. Mixed fruits topped with lf ff

Drinks- coffees and water. Alcohol fri and sat night!!

Exercise- vibro plate, sit ups, press ups, exercise bike, swimming, exercise dvd.

Last edited:
It is definately a comfort thing I think. I ve really fluffed up this weekend, with the food and alcohol. 2 nights out!!! Not sure if it's because I have been off work with the boys for half term, haven't a clue, but since the grape blip just cannot get focused and back to how I was. Really scary as I really thought I had beaten the food demon, but I really haven't. So fed up.

Think of how long we had that food demon with us - years ... its not guna go away at the click of a finger, although i bloody wished it would. Its guna take us a while to crack that demon over the head, and we may never actually do it but if we can suceed in keeping it under control then were all winners right?! :) Dont beat yourself up Liz - its not worth it. Everyone has blips and noone is perfect. Just pick yerself up, dust yerself off and go again :) (i think theyre song lyrics arent they? :giggle:) xxx

Back