Looking for a buddy

Thank you! How are you finding it? X
I'm doing really well. I was resolved when I started on Monday. I have been waking up very achey. I have sore hips and knees and swollen calves. Feeling physically more lithe is a really important goal. I come from a long lived family - so I realised could spend my retirement and old age getting less and less mobile.

So I am focused - and keto style eating suits me. I was successful before using shakes but needed to have weekly meetings to pick up more shakes to stay on track. I can't afford that so I am now going to eat my way to slinky!

I'm hoping that because I am eating, I will find it easier to stay at goal and won't regain over the 8 years after I get to goal.

I'm doing really well. I was resolved when I started on Monday. I have been waking up very achey. I have sore hips and knees and swollen calves. Feeling physically more lithe is a really important goal. I come from a long lived family - so I realised could spend my retirement and old age getting less and less mobile.

So I am focused - and keto style eating suits me. I was successful before using shakes but needed to have weekly meetings to pick up more shakes to stay on track. I can't afford that so I am now going to eat my way to slinky!

I'm hoping that because I am eating, I will find it easier to stay at goal and won't regain over the 8 years after I get to goal.
That sounds like you have a good plan. I’m at the end of my third week and I can honestly say I’m not wanted to cheat once. And that’s unheard of before!

chatting on here is definitely helping me too, so thank you you everyone ☺️

Oh, you guys, I am sick! I have a nasty head cold and feel awful. I'm so tired and hungry! I've had all of my products already, plus some ham.

I hope you are all well and still kicking butt!
Oh no! Get well soon.

i don’t know what the advice is if you’re not feeling well, hopefully it passes quickly. But don’t feel guilty if you have to eat.

All going ok here, just about to have my strawberry jam bar. X

Oh good - I think i do. I love Thai food! Hope works been ok and you found some bars you like. I had the salted caramel one last night (I didn’t fancy coconut after seeing lots of bad reviews!), and that was quite nice. Am definitely feeling positive about my weigh in tomorrow.
@sweetenuff77 how are you doing? X
Hey Zeus, so sorry it seems I am not getting all of my alerts. Today is the first 2 I have had. Not sure why? Been suffering with frozen shoulder and ligament issues (amongst other things). I am fed up with the struggle but, still trying 🤣 How are you getting along now? X Hopefully, finding it easier. @ Larissa so sorry to you also. Have missed so much on here so, will try and catch up! X

Hey Zeus, so sorry it seems I am not getting all of my alerts. Today is the first 2 I have had. Not sure why? Been suffering with frozen shoulder and ligament issues (amongst other things). I am fed up with the struggle but, still trying 🤣 How are you getting along now? X Hopefully, finding it easier. @ Larissa so sorry to you also. Have missed so much on here so, will try and catch up! X
I hope you’re feeling better soon. I’ve just had two days no walking surgeons orders and I felt like an absolute slug but you’ll still be dropping on VLCD without exercise. You can do this xx

Oh no! And sorry you’re feeling rough. Well done for still trying. I’m getting along ok, on week four now, I can’t believe it. X

Thank you all. It was so difficult on Monday, I was ferociously hungry and had some extras but kept it keto-friendly. Yesterday was much better and I managed to keep to plan and today the same, despite going to a BBQ tonight - I took my own food! SO proud of myself!! Thank you all for your well wishes and @Zeus☺️ for checking in! I was writing this as you posted :) It's great to hear you're still doing well. I was reading and there is some advice to do 4 weeks on and 1 week off - what do you think?

For me, it was very much harder to get back on if I took a week off - and you have to go back into ketosis. I'd strongly advise against it! Others may disagree.

Thank you @AliGal it's great to hear first person experience. Saturday is the first day of week 5 for me so I have a couple of days until I have to decide. I'm just afraid that I will do 12 weeks total (the holiday is 12 weeks today) and I will spend the 4 weeks before I go away undoing all of the hard work that I will have put in. I am thinking that if I take a CC week every 4 weeks, it gets me closer to my holiday and potentially reduces the damage I can do before then. But I am fearful of ketoflu everyone and the headaches too. 😕

Thank you @AliGal it's great to hear first person experience. Saturday is the first day of week 5 for me so I have a couple of days until I have to decide. I'm just afraid that I will do 12 weeks total (the holiday is 12 weeks today) and I will spend the 4 weeks before I go away undoing all of the hard work that I will have put in. I am thinking that if I take a CC week every 4 weeks, it gets me closer to my holiday and potentially reduces the damage I can do before then. But I am fearful of ketoflu everyone and the headaches too. 😕
So glad you’re doing better! And well done for taking your own food. I’m going to be doing the same on Saturday!

I emailed exante about the four weeks on, one week off thing, and also about doing it for longer than 12 weeks if I still had more to lose (I don’t think I’ll lose 4 stone in the next 8 weeks unfortunately!). They said you can carry on until you’re at your target weight (as long as it isn’t a dangerously low one I think). And the one week off was apparently old advice from when you’d only eat 600 calories a day (can you imagine?!). So I’m carrying on and I’ll see what I think when I get to 12 weeks!
I’ve bought some skinny sauces to liven things up and some my muscle mugs mug cakes which are amazing. I’d eat them for every meal but they don’t have all the added vitamins and minerals so having to keep them for an occasional treat instead xx

Of course do what you suits you though! Perhaps you could take one break and see how that goes? X

So glad you’re doing better! And well done for taking your own food. I’m going to be doing the same on Saturday!

I emailed exante about the four weeks on, one week off thing, and also about doing it for longer than 12 weeks if I still had more to lose (I don’t think I’ll lose 4 stone in the next 8 weeks unfortunately!). They said you can carry on until you’re at your target weight (as long as it isn’t a dangerously low one I think). And the one week off was apparently old advice from when you’d only eat 600 calories a day (can you imagine?!). So I’m carrying on and I’ll see what I think when I get to 12 weeks!
I’ve bought some skinny sauces to liven things up and some my muscle mugs mug cakes which are amazing. I’d eat them for every meal but they don’t have all the added vitamins and minerals so having to keep them for an occasional treat instead xx
Oh wow, planning ahead much?! Well done, where are you going on Saturday?

That is also really helpful! Thank you! I would never have thought of asking Exante, which seems silly. What flavours of the Muscle Mugs have you tried? I've almost placed an order :D

That's amazing about your bum! I love it! Woo! Well done! Keep it up, you're doing great! :)

Don't make your decision on keto flu. You can deal with that by drinking home made electrolytes.

I use this recipe - and leave out the vinegar - as I usually have that in my salad dressing. https://www.ketofitnessclub.com/blogs/drinks/electrolyte-drink?_pos=1&_sid=0673dd6e4&_ss=r

More on keto flu: https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/flu-side-effects
I'm still really on the fence but leaning towards just doing 16 weeks. The results so far are so motivating. If I have weeks like the last 2, I'll be at target in 7 weeks. 7 weeks! That seems so quick!
Thank you again for your advice and support!

Back