Lou's Diary - onwards and inwards!

Hi hun, hopefully I'll be ok BUT... my parents just called round and have said they're cooking roast beef for tea and do I want to go over........ My mum makes the best roast beef in the world and I know I won't be able to eat it without a yorkshire and gravy... what should I do? Go or stay at home?

Here is today's diary.. will decide what day I'm on when I know what I'm doing about tea.

B: Apple and a pear
L: Poached eggs on toast (B)
D: ??? if it's roast beef i'll be on a green day so i can have lots of mash, if i don't go i'll cook beef stew at home which will be free on a red day???

Go and just syn it up. Is it homemade yorkshire? I wouldn't know the syns but if its the frozen ickle ones they are usually 3 syns and bisto gravy is 1/2 per tsp i think so you could take your own gravy if she is making homemade stuff?

Go have dinner with the 'rents and enjoy! xx

Well - I had roast beef in the end, but wasn't too horrific in terms of syns, and it was really lovely to spend some time with my parents and brother too.

Yesterday
B: Apple and pear
L: Poached egg on toast (B)
S: 2 bananas after gym and malted milk (2 syns)
D: Roast beef (B) with mashed potato, 1 roast potato (3 syns?), 2 yorkshires (10 syns?), gravy (3 syns?), carrots and cabbage

Exercise
15 mins treadmill
20 mins bike
1km rowing
30 leg presses
30 arm reps
5 mins x trainer
5 mins arm bike

So today..... green day and need to be really well behaved...

B: Baked beans on toast (B)
L: Salad box (3 syns for mayo)
S: 4 quality street (8 syns) and an apple
D: Chickpea dahl and rustic oven chips (3 syns)

Last edited:
Hi Prawn, I'm ok thanks hun (got a feeling the scales won't agree with me tomorrow though), how are you? Did you have a good weekend? x

Tuesday.... was up early and can't face going to the gym as I'm exhausted, I'm also - not going to WI tonight.... don't shout at me.... At the moment I'm looking at a STS or gain, so I'm going to go tomorrow night instead as I don't think I can take a "knock" at the moment.... I'm a wimp I know.

I'm going to use the extra time today to sit down and plan, plan, plan, I really need to get my bum back in gear.

Tuesday
B: 42g crunchy bran (B)
S: 2 pears and an apple
L: Salad box (4 syns for mayo)
S: LF Supernoodles
D: SW chips, bacon (B), egg and beans

Hello diary - well today I said no (about 100 times in my head) to a rolo cookie, I was so tempted to just eat one, but no, no and no!

Went to the gym after work, couldn't decide to gym it or swim, so I did both :eek:

Red day today and feeling better for it...

Wednesday
B: 42g crunchy bran and a pear (B)
S: Apple and alpen light (0.5B)
L: Tuna salad (3 syns mayo) and a yogurt
D: Chilli (3.5 syns for half a packet mix)
S: Alpen light (0.5B) and a flump (1.5 syns)

Exercise:
10 mins treadmill
10 mins bike
500m row
5 mins x trainer
20 reps arm weights
40 lengths swimming

Thursday - red day
S: Apple
L: Chilli and salad
S: Yogurt and flump (1.5 syns)
D: Morrisons pork shank in cider and apple sauce *** (3 syns) with spring greens, mange tout and baby corn

*** on offer at the moment

Hi Lou, well done on all the exercise :)
If missing a WI was what you needed to do, then don't worry about it. Just make sure 1 week missed doesn't turn into 2...;)

I won't hun, I've been there before and never went back. I'm 100% carrying on, just couldn't face the gain written down in front of me, to be fair - I think it was a STS rather than gain. But onwards and downwards x

Hello diary.... not much to say today apart from I'm knackered, looking forward to bed time tonight.

Thursday - red day
S: Apple
L: Chilli (3 syns) and 2 light babybels (A)
S: Yogurt and fibre plus bar (6 syn)
D: Morrisons pork shank in cider and apple sauce *** (3 syns) with spring greens, mange tout and baby corn with jacket potato (B)

Last edited:
Hello diary - going for a 100% day today....

B: Pear and activia yogurt
L: Jacket potato and baked beans and a flump (1.5 syns) and a babybel (1/3a)
S: Mugshot
D: Beef (B) and sweetcorn chowmein and handfull of chips (10 syns?)

Last edited:
Yippee, I'm made up... I've just been shopping and found I can now get into size 20 with relative ease, yippeeee (bought two tops - oops). xxx

Morning diary...

Quick one today as need to get to the gym before going to a house warming this afternoon, not drinking alcohol or eating so hopefully I'll be ok..

Green day
B: FF yogurt and coffee
L: Jacket potato and baked beans
S:
D: Pasta with bacon (B) and cherry tomatoes

Hi diary, just got home from friend's house warming party, feel really lonely and down, I miss my ex so much.

Hate being fat and ugly, I just can't talk to people, I wish I had more confidence, I was sat next to my friend on the sofa, as soon as I got up a bloke nicked my place and started chatting her up, it was as if he thought - yay, fatty has gone I'm gonna make a move.... I only knew her and the host so it was quite difficult A - trying to find somewhere else to sit, B - trying to talk to strangers and C - combining it all with me being sober and everyone else drunk.

I just wanted to go home to my boyfriend, nothing else mattered when I was with him, we'd close the curtains and snuggle up together, but now that is all a lie too, as I wasn't enough for him and he cheated on me.

I feel like my heart is in a thousand pieces, sometimes I kid myself that I can go this alone and be strong, I know I deserve more than my scum bag of an ex, but until I found out, I loved him and he was my best friend too.

I've lost him but I also need to come to terms with the fact he cheated on me and our relationship was lies, I don't know how I'm meant to be able to trust anyone else again.

Hey - thought Id pop on and catch up and have come across you and your sad post.

Yes, he cheated on you and some lies were told, but honestly hun that doesn't make your whole relatioship a lie - it makes M a bit of an a**e, but thats it!
It doesn't mean that you wont find anyone else, neither does it mean that you and him wont get back together, cos if thats what you both want (in time) then thats a possibilty. That said, it doesn't mean you shoudl get back with him cos you're feeling down about yourself. Even if you were to meet someone say tomorrow it doesn't mean that everything else will feel OK. You can do it by yourself (for now) you just think that you cant. You're not fat and ugly and deep down you know that. You're feeling crappy about yourself, but hey everyone does at some point.You are making positive changes and going shopping and buying new smaller clothes shows have far you have come already, and you are motivated enough to keep losing weight and that will help you feel more confident about yourself.

Chin up love xxx

Thanks rainbow, you talk a lot of sense hun. Feeling more upbeat today and a bit embarassed about my last post... oh well..

Todays food.. couldn't make up my mind so spent my lunch break wondering around sainsburys picking things up, then putting them down etc.

Green
S: Activia yogurt and alpen light (3 syns)
L: Low fat ocean crumble (4.5 syns)
D: Pasta in homemade arrabatia sauce (B)

Back