Lou's Diary - onwards and inwards!

Ooops, slight accident with a pack of chocolate fingers...:17729:

Anyway.. moving swiftly on, how cold is it? Eek, was minus 11 when I drove to work yesterday and minus 6 today, have bought a gorgeous hat (they didn't suit me when I had a fatter face) and can't stop wearing it.

Monday - red
B: Fruit salad and yogurt
S: Apple, satsuma and hifi bar (B)
L: Chilli (2 syns)
S: Approx 10 chocolate fingers (1.5 syns each = 15 syns) :break_diet:
D: BBQ pork and veg

WI day tomorrow... not very hopeful thanks to the aforemention chocolate finger incident...

Green day
B: 42g cunchy bran (B)
L: jacket potato and beans
S: Hifi bar (B)
D: Chickpea dahl and rice

Thanks for your good luck messages..... however - I'm going to go tomorrow instead as fits in with work better... eek.

Tuesday - green
B: 42g crunchy bran (B)
L: Jacket potato and baked beans
S: Hifi (B) and pear
D: Pasta with leeks, minted peas and philadelphia

still feeling poorly - woke up this morning with stomach ache and boiling hot, but feeling better now... just hope it doesn't come back tomorrow. Walked into town at lunch to get some xmas presents but just think it's all a load of over priced rubbish. argh.

wednesday - green
B: 42g crunchy bran and kiwi (B)
S: Banana
L: Left over pasta and alpen light (B)
S: Fruit salad
D: Chickpea dahl with rice

Didn't go......... :hide:

Will be back next week, even though I was really good my scales showed a gain, really undeserved and didn't want to see a "+" in my book, I know I'm a wimp and should take my own advice and face music etc.. xx

:whoopass::whoopass::whoopass::whoopass:

i'll let you off but only cos i do exactly the same thing! i've been thinking about how i can do things differently this time and decided i'm going to group my losses into 10 week periods, so if i gain during those weeks it will still show up as a loss ;) ;) ;)

OH MY GOD - I've just booked a round the world flight.... I fly out to LA on 6th March, then go to New Zealand and Hong Kong before returning to the UK on 2nd April.............eeek.

B: 42g allbran (B)
S: Fruit
L: Jacket and beans
D: Pasta, bacon (B), cherry tomatoes and sweet chilli sauce (3 syns)

Oh by the way....... I ain't going until I've got my 5 stone sticker in my hand. xxx

I was going to go to Aus but decided to do that another time, plus it made it loads more expensive and didn't want to do it on my own, where as I can cope with LA and Hong Kong on my own for a few days.

Green today (think I'm going to have a green week)
B: 42g allbran (B)
S: Slice brown toast (everyone else was eating bacon butties and I had to have something)(B)
L: Jacket and mushy peas
S: Choc bic (5 syns) and 2 satsumas
D: Chickpea dahl and rice?

Morning - off to work, grr and brrh

B: All bran (B)
S: Fruit salad
L: Innocent veg mousaka (2.5 syns)
D: Egg, chips and beans

Right *pulls self together* - I will do this, I will not get into my old ways again, I will not eat something and *forget* to count it, or guess at the syns, secretly knowing I'm well under. I've come this far and I'm not going back to square one again, I'm almost half way through my journey and will be making sure my ass gets to the finish line this time.

I've been doing this since March and can't give up now, sod the excuses, if I fail I've only got my self to blame, I can't control some of the things in my life but I can control what I eat and when. I will do this and I will be happy.

Ahhh, thats better... sometimes I just need to write things down. I weighed myself last night and saw a much expected gain (not through anything major but little nibbles add up), so pulling myself together again and hoping I can get it off by Tuesday.

Sunday - green day
B: Fruit salad and coffee
L: Innocent mousakka (2.5 syns) and half a fibre plus bar (3 syns)
D: Pasta with bacon and cherry tomatoes and sweet chilli sauce (2 syns and 1B)

Last edited:
*shakes lou and slaps her round the face*

pull yourself together woman!!! lol

sorry just had to get that in there! 5lbs til half way - you could and WILL do that by xmas!

my advice to you would be to sit down and write down all your favourite meals, etc. then work out how you can make SW version of them. then write a list of pros/cons for giving up your diet - ie the good things about stopping SW (can eat what i like, don't need to add up syns, etc) and the bad things (putting on weight, feeling low about weight, poor health, won't get to goal by holiday, etc) my list is endless! do anything to try and motivate yourself. try grouping your losses into 6 week periods so that it will show consistant losses rather than the little gains that we all seem to focus on.

just because you've had a gain this morning doesn't mean it will be that way on WI day. my weight goes back up 2 days before weigh-in then drops again on WI day, so might just be that. you also missed last weeks class and we tend to get a bit relaxed about the plan.

keep going lou - you're doing amazing and you inspired me to re-join.....xmas isn't far off, so try and be really good until then! (that's if you're going off plan for xmas!)

I'm with mod-karen! Don't believe you'll be gain just cause it says it one day, the next it can fluctuate by like 4lbs!

You will be fine and just keep up your hard work, we've been on this journey about the same length of time and I'd like us both to be in awesome swim wear come the Summer! <3

Back