lucysmommys dukan diary

lol. i quite fancy those cipotle meat balls to start tbh ;)

well hello

today is a PV day:

Brekkie: Omelette with mushrooms

Snack FF Yogurt

Lunch: lean chicken breast

Dinner: salmon with brocolli and galette

Snack: FF Yogurt

Water 3ltrs, coffee and skimmed milk

Run: 2miles :)

zxx

hiya kirsty how u doing my little marathon girl wow (2 miles not in my dreams ) !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure that I could run 2 metres.:eek:

Well done, great stuff!

I'm with Laura. Well done on the running hun. xxx

thanks everyone

not having a great day food wise

not had my galette and a couple glasses of wine have passed my lips

but did run 2.25miles tonight as well :)

hmmm finding this diet so expensive and being a student its not easy saving the £'s. Not sure how much longer i can look at chicken, fish and seafood - could barely stomach my chicken at lunch either

xx

yeah i think so as you can have cheap fatty cuts etc

but to honest i think just any meat is making me boak just now lol

may just need a nice veg diet :-(

x

Hang in their Kirsty. I'm at exactly the same place at you right now. My purse is hurting really bad. I'd gotten used to buying lots of pasta and veggies and it was saving us a fair amount of money but all that seems to be going on the diet now. I may have to rethink what I have meat wise. I have to keep in mind that we only have one wage at the moment while I spend time with the baby, so it's not forever thing. Let me know if you come up with any suggestions babe. Maybe I'll just have to eat more omlettes instead of always trying to have meat.

x

eggs are the way to go for cost saving...also maybe going to the supermarket at the end of the day and picking up reduced price meat to use/freeze :)

yep eggs .....if your worried about cholesterol then eat the whites ...omelettes...quiches....poached boiled ...i buy the 3 packs of meat for 10.00 from tesco and about 2 dozen eggs a week then the odd prawns if they are on offer id buy fish but dont like cooking it

Great tips guys. Sainsburys delivery coming tomorrow but I'm going to try Tescos next week as their offers sound better.

Night all. xx

hey hon. how are you doing today. I hope you have got through that diet barrier, its very hard I know, but once you get into the swing of things. I totally understand about the veg thing too im loving my veggies now.
BUT Dukan is fab for I think quick steady weight loss. and as sarah says go to tesco or whichever shop and look in the reduced section, i got loads of finest fillet steak dirt cheap once!

Morning hun. I hope it's a good day for you.

xxx

What I do over here, and I'm sure it'd work in the UK too, is check out the online brochure for the supermarkets before going shopping. I then work out my menus and shopping list from that. Salmon, for instance, I buy when the whole fish is on offer and I [STRIKE]fiddle with[/STRIKE] fillet it. Frozen fish and meat is usually cheaper. Smoked salmon I buy at Lidl. I go to the supermarket first thing cos here that's when you find 50% off cos they're eat that day. etc etc. We had a thread for offers I'll try to resurrect and if anyone goes somewhere, and sees an offer, post it!

On the French site I use, we did a comparison of what we now spend in the supermarket (FAR higher than before) compared to what we spent on FOOD/DRINK/SNACKS/EXTRAS before. There wasn't much difference to be honest...

The cheapest way to do this diet is to cook from scratch... buying packets of this and that always work out dearer...

Back