Lurk no more, fat no more

Another great day :) only 6 syns today but I feel like I've eaten LOADS! Big carby lunch and loads of fruit, veg and salad. Weigh in tomorrow, I feel like I've lost weight so fingers crossed. Day off from work tomorrow too so got lots of exercise planned :)

Yet another great day today, I think I'm getting good at this now haha! More like my social life has gone a bit quiet!!

Had a massive fruit salad for breakfast with some vanilla yogurt...then stir fried super noodles with some HEXB nuts. Just had an alpen light and off to weigh in , wish me luck

Well done you. Well done for having a cracking few days.

2.5lb off at weigh in tonight, thats half of my xmas weight, and bang on target for what I want to lose in the next 8 weigh ins :) chuffed!

I was gonna treat myself to some chocolate before weigh in if the results were good but I'm not going to now - I'm motivated and keen to get a big loss next week!

Good day today, apart from my swim was a bit of a fail as I went at 4.30 and it was packed so did 20 lengths (I usually do 72 for a mile) then got out as it was horrible. Day off work tomorrow so going to get down to the allotment and dig for a bit, and have a walk into the city. am well on target for my first ever 100% week where I'm under on daily and weekly syn totals which is great :) Next week is clear too, and am aiming for 3.5lb off for next weigh in on Thursday so I can get my stone and a half...I've only ever got 3.5 or above twice, so its no mean feat, but I'm going for it!

Does anyone know if you can split your healthy extras? Its my B choices that I like to split sometimes but I'm not sure if you're allowed. Its always a 'like for like' swap, ie instead of 2 alpen lights, have 1 alpen light and 1 sweet ryvita (you can have 2 of each as a HEXB)? I hope so, if not I've been doing it wrong! I also found out yesterday that I've been synning my jam and honey wrong :( ah well!

Only thing I'm struggling with is hot, carby snacks that I can 'grab' that are free - there aren't any vegan ones!! I'm surrounded by people on sw at work sometimes and they all sit there chowing down mugshots and pasta sauce things if they are hungry, but they all have ****** dairy products or egg in them (for no reason either). I am starting to go a bit hungry sometimes, as the times I eat vary so much depending on if i'm home or at work...I don't want to make anything up and have it in the fridge 'in case' as it will be wasted if I don't want to eat it. I find sugar in general makes me more hungry (hence why I avoid it some mornings) and my sweet tooth has definatley quietened down since starting SW, now I crave savoury food but there is nothing free and cheap for me to grab out of the fridge.

Sounds rubbish really. I have no real advice other than keep going you're doing really well.
Could you make a bulky soup that you could grab when you're hungry?

I'd have to carry soup around (to work and stuff) which is a bit difficult...I'm trying to find something light, dry and in a packet that don't cost a bomb so I can snack on it but if I don't want it, then it can just stay in my bag...work is the main problem when i'm at home i got chilli, soup etc in the freezer and as its all veg I just cook it straight from frozen in 10 mins. But when i,m at work and I am a little hungry I got nothing to eat

Hmm true it's bad that they put dairy products in things like mug shots when there is no need. I'll get my thinking cap on because let's face it you don't want to be spending all your syns on snacks.

Nice one thank you :)

Its annoying, because I think I've figured out why my weight loss is 'slow' at times - looking back at my food diaries (I keep them every day) its slow when I'm using 12-15 syns a day. The week before xmas I had 4-8 a day and lost 3.5lb. Did the same last week (but cheated on sunday! ill and the only thing to help would be chocolate!) and lost 2.5lb. Meals didn't change much at all between them, but it was the syns that did. As I don't have free yogurt, low mayo etc I have to avoid these products where possible...and when I do eat yogurt, I have to save syns for it :( So about 4 syns a day just go on cooking meals that non vegans would class as free...leaves not much for snacks, and i always like to have one thing a day thats nice - like a caramel snack a jack, or a square of chocolate...so thats all of my syns gone (presuming I'm cutting back like i am at the min). So finding free, cheap and easy snacks to grab and take to work/out etc is a nightmare. I'm sure there must be some sort of free, dried vegan snack???

I keep seeing everyone have these amazing losses, 4-5-6lb even in a week...and wonder how! What are they eating (or not)? They all say that they eat all day (and the ones I know do! they don't stop eating) and are never hungry but they lose loads of weight. yet when I put my back into it for a week, I lose 2.5 which is great, I'm chuffed with it, but I don't feel like my effort is relative to my loss if you know what I mean?

I do know what you mean, it must be hard. Also it's rubbish that they don't have things that are quick to eat for vegans.

It just goes to show how much unnecisarry dairy food producer put in food. Why is there ***** lactose in everything, what is the purpose?? When i cook meals that you can buy ready meal versions of, I don't need dairy or to replace lactose/milk powder etc so why is it in there? Makes me angry, especially from the point of view of people with dairy intolerances, must be a nightmare!

am off to the supermarket now to hunt down free vegan dried snacks...wish me luck!

How did your vegan free snacks hunt go?

Not left yet haha. Just writing up a shopping list for the next few days, supermarket is a mile and a half away and I'd walk but I have awful joints and I can't carry bags so car it is :( Am looking up super speed fruit and veg and trying to do a meal planner with these in it, I set a mini target for next weeks weigh in of 3.5lb loss which I rarely manage anywhere near that number, so I'm determined to get close to it...hoping there are fruit bargains at sainsburys, berries and melons every morning for my superspeed breakfast :)

Whats your fave ss foods??

Hmmm I love melon, lentils too making them into soups.

Hasn't food got expensive or is it me? I've spent £110 in the supermarket since 7th Jan :( Sometimes I hate being vegan, its so bloody expensive! Mind you the cupboards, fridge and freezer are stocked. Ended up buying £10 worth of frozen veg today, I just can't afford fresh anymore. Lots of superfree fruit on offer in Sainsburys, got melon and berries with apples, pears and banana. I feel like I've lost weight around my waist as my leggings are nearly falling down (well, falling down to my bum then stopping their southward journey at my big bum haha!) so fingers crossed my superfree week is doing me good. Only having 1 alpen light for my HEXB1 as its superfree and to be fair I'm super full...now having a bowl of melon, then alpen light and my HEXA of choc oat milk before bed. Nom nom nom :)

Oh and I did find some vegan dried stuff - some of the bachelor's 'mugshot' type things are vegan, and FREE. They have sweet chilli noodle (can't wait to try these) and pasta...gonna leave one in my work bag. Also got some chinese style rice which is free too, and its delicious :)

Back