Lydia's New Year New Me Diary

Have spoken to the college, no apologies and they didn't sound surprised, the tutor wants me to go in tomorrow afternoon so she can "have a good look at them" then they will either redo them or soak them off for me.

you must have had a rogue student ;)

hope they sort it for you! x

I hadv acrylics put on but they are awful, uneven really thick and look awful, so I am ringing up tomorrow to complain and get them soaked off, (2 of them have started to lift as well and only been home 30 mins)!! way too long as well (thats more my fault though) having trouble typing and as I work as a personal assistant - slight problem, very disappointed!!!

Oooh, I'd quite like to be a PA, how'd you get into it?

Hi Lydia

Sorry to hear about the nails. I hope you get it all resolved. Not long now until your walk so hope that all goes well

M

Oooh, I'd quite like to be a PA, how'd you get into it?

I started off at college doing all my secretarial qualifications (typing, audio, shorthand - although I never use this now), then I did NVQ Level III in Business Admin and started work roughly the same time at an Admin Assistant, then I did HNC In Business and Finance then progressed onto doing a Business Degree, workwise I just worked my way up from Admin Assistant to Word Processor Operator, Admin Officer , Secretary then PA. Currently I am PA to a Strategic Director next step up for me is PA to Chief Executive or Executive Assistant to CE - thats my ultimate goal.

Hi Lydia

Sorry to hear about the nails. I hope you get it all resolved. Not long now until your walk so hope that all goes well

M

No its 3 weeks tomorrow for the walk, I'm getting nervous already!! I think because of my GF I didnt' start training until 8 weeks later than I did last year so I haven't been able to get a 20 mile walk in, going to do 14 miles on 4 May, so I am a little worried I haven't go enough training in, but I did 4 miles last night in exactly 60 mins, so thats 4 mph pace, I know I can't keep that up for the whole marathon but still pleased with my effort, my times seem to be getting quicker all the time at the moment, just hope its enough on the night!!

Had weigh in this morning and lost 1lb, pleased with that as it TOTM week but would have liked to have lost the 2lbs I put on last week, but heh it all in the right direction!!

you'll manage it Lyd, we've got faith in you! :D xxx

ooh, congrats on your 1lb off too :) x

Thanks hun x

Hi fellow cavie owner!! Mine is still being a pain with his diet (doesn't want to eat dog food). Even bought him one with a picture of a cavie on and showed him and still didn't eat it:eek:!! I've done very similar jobs to you. When worked full time I was a PA but had to go to admin when had children to change the hours (did NVQ level 3 Business and Admin as well to get an up to date qualification) Hope you have a lovely weekend x

Oh I can't relate to that I'm afraid, my Millie will eat anything, sometimes I'm not even sure she would care if it was dead or alive, I have an ethical food for her called Luath which she loves but shes also a big fan of yoghurt, rice and scrambled egg!

Did a 6 miler today, 1 hour 23 mins which is an excellent time - I think the fact that I caught in a torrential downpour helped as I started to walk so fast that at one stage I looked like a profesional race walker !! :giggle:

Off to a friends tonight to watch Twilight!! Very sad life I lead!! Have been good and told them I am eating before hand so I won't be tempted by takeaways tonight. Got a great recipe for Channa Tikka Massala so going to give that a go tonight.

Went back to the college yesterday to have my nails done, and fortunately the student (a different one) talked me into having another set done and they are much much better, really pleased with them now, even have a little bit of nail art on them - free of charge of course - damn right!!

Well done on your run Lydia your doing great :p

Am glad u got nails sorted too. Enjoy your dvd tonight xxx

Its food that hasn't been tested on animals (as in lab experiments) and has all natural ingredients, Millie loves it. Burns is another ethical food but the quality of the ingredients isn't quite as high as Luath. As a vegetarian, although I don't want to impose a veggie diet on Millie, I wanted to stand true to my beliefs, so I researched ethical foods.

Good idea. I don't impose veggie food on Muffin (or Keith either to be fair except I won't cook meat or have my pans used for cooking it) but I'll look into the ethical food idea.

I'm really pleased with Luaths, Millie's coat is shinny as hell, shes full of energy and is really healthy, she loves the food, its not cheap though I pay £21 for a 7.5kg bag but for a dog Millies size that lasts me about 7 weeks.

thats still pretty good though! i mean i pay £3 for 6 tins of cat food which only lasts me a max of 6 days, so i still pay more than that for cat food for Amber!

good on you on your walk btw, i did have a bit of a giggle thinking of you walking dead fast in the rain! :D

hope you're having a good weekend anyway :) xxx

Back