Lydia's New Year New Me Diary

Had a really good 8 mile walk today, 2 hrs 13 mins, 1 min faster than last week, and the weather was glorious!! Just made some lovely roasted butternut squash soup for next week yummy!

8 miles, well done! I'm walking much more now the weather has improved but not up to 8 miles yet :)

It was such a lovely day I forgot how far it was until I got home and started to stretch out my aching muscles!!

Lets hope so..............

Was up very early today and see two sections of my Davina High Energy Five dvd - ready for a sleep now!!

Do you ever stop exercising Lydia??!
On another subject, what does your cavie like to eat? Mine is so fussy, he only really likes human food. I try leaving dog food down but it is difficult as have to put him in another room as other dog will eat it. Even tried getting food with a picture of a cavie on it and showed him the picture to show him its meant for his breed!! Still doesn't touch it. Yesterday hubby suggested buy some cat food and mix in (as dog is a bit odd and loves fish), but no, no eat:mad: Any ideas, I have looked on other sites. He was weaned on tripe - urgggh!! Have tried that since but even he turned his nose up. Thanks in advance for any ideas xx Have a lovely day and hope you enjoy your kip.

Do you ever stop exercising Lydia??!
On another subject, what does your cavie like to eat? Mine is so fussy, he only really likes human food. I try leaving dog food down but it is difficult as have to put him in another room as other dog will eat it. Even tried getting food with a picture of a cavie on it and showed him the picture to show him its meant for his breed!! Still doesn't touch it. Yesterday hubby suggested buy some cat food and mix in (as dog is a bit odd and loves fish), but no, no eat:mad: Any ideas, I have looked on other sites. He was weaned on tripe - urgggh!! Have tried that since but even he turned his nose up. Thanks in advance for any ideas xx Have a lovely day and hope you enjoy your kip.

Hi my dog was weaned on tripe and well! Totally disgusting stuff and originally when Millie was a puppy we had trouble getting her to eat all her food and it turned out it was the tripe she didn't like. She now has dried food - Luath - its an ethical food (ie not tested on animals and the manufacturer doesn't support lab testing etc), Millie really loves it (she previously had Burns which she liked as well) - to be honest - she was about 4 months when we changed her to dried food and she started to love her food, infact we have the opposite problem to you, we've had to put Millie on a diet last year as shes such a gutsy cow!!! We limit her treats as well to try and maintain her weight - really important as she suffers from a dislocating knee cap.

I would go to a good pet store that has a variety of dog food and get some sample bags and see which one your boy likes the best.

My previous dog, many years ago now, only really liked human food, so I used to mix chopped sausages, rabbit or chicken with some boiled rice and a bit of campbells condensed soup - she loved that!.

I think you really have two choices - gets the sample bags till you find one he likes or accept that he needs to be fed on human food, and separately from other dog and go with that.

Vets are also good places for getting sample bags of food.

Good luck.

I'm having a terrible day - started off so well as well, with the exercising and a good breakfast - my boss bought me and my assistant a small box of thorntons, I had a couple those which lead to a scone, and now we are about to go to a leaving do and lunch is being provided!! All my good intentions feel like they have flown out the window!!

I started off at college doing all my secretarial qualifications (typing, audio, shorthand - although I never use this now), then I did NVQ Level III in Business Admin and started work roughly the same time at an Admin Assistant, then I did HNC In Business and Finance then progressed onto doing a Business Degree, workwise I just worked my way up from Admin Assistant to Word Processor Operator, Admin Officer , Secretary then PA. Currently I am PA to a Strategic Director next step up for me is PA to Chief Executive or Executive Assistant to CE - thats my ultimate goal.

Well I'm going an Animal Management degree, but next year is purely general business management. Hopefully with that and some short courses I can get on the ladder!

Well I'm going an Animal Management degree, but next year is purely general business management. Hopefully with that and some short courses I can get on the ladder!

I'm sure you can, a lot of places want Personal Assistants to have degrees now so you are definintely on the right path! Good luck, feel free to PM me if you need any other info x

Thanks :) I'm about to start reading another vampire book! Can't remember what it's called, but I'll let you know if it's any good!

Don't worry about the slip up, you'll get back on track!

With all the exercise Lydia, you would have to eat a mountain of food to put on weight.:D

You are Mrs Active - what time this morning were you and Davina having your date then? - you are quite often up and at it at 5.45am so if you were up early.....was it the middle of the night? xx

We had our rendevous at 5.30 am today! Was finished and in the shower by 6.20 am!! I'm going to be super good for the rest of the day, have a lovely tea planned - Pad Thai Tofu with stirfried broccoli and noodles (just 1 syn in the lot) and will make sure I am super super good tomorrow, then hopefully that will limit any damage, if I can just get 1lb off this week I will be very happy. Got quite a few big walks planned over the next week and a half before the big night!!

I'm hoping my fitness goal for 2010 will spur me on to stick to plan and get some weight off. I really have my heart set on doing a triathlon next May, however, minor problem - I can't ride a bike and have never done any running - the latter I can over come with losing weight and following a walk2run programme, the former might be a bit more tricky! I have terrible balance and fall over fresh air and have never learnt to ride a bike. So after the Moonwalk I am borrowing a bike off a friend to try to learn to ride (no point buying myself one at the moment), assuming that goes ok, and I can get off at least 2 stone by the end of the year then I will stick in my application form for the triathlon (just the super sprint distance - nothing to taxing!!).

So my weightloss goals becomes really really important now, if I can't lose the weight, I don't get to do the triathlon!

I'm inpressed with your personal goal and challenge! I'm sure you can get the hang of a bike in no time ;o) x

Lyd, let me know when you get your bike - i'll run behind you and hold your seat until you get going.. then i'll just let go and let you sail off.. ah, good times.. reminds me of when my mum / dad taught me to ride mine.. sailed straight into a tree :D

hope you have a lovely day today xxx

Well my friends keep teasing me about getting stabilisers and cycling at night when theres not too many people about so I don't cause too much damage - they all know how clumsy I am!!! One of my best friends has bet me £50 that I can't complete the triathlon next May, he is convinced theres no way I can ride a bike!!

The Pad Thai Tofu was gorgeous felt like I was eating in a Thai restaurant, gotta be super super good now until Friday and hopefully I can pull in a STS, had a quick peep on the scales and yesterdays binge has resulted in a 1lb gain - I could kick myself I really could!! Gonna have a couple of low syn days and get in plenty of free foods and fruit.

Any chance of the recipe for your tofu dish, please. Always looking for new veggie ideas for OH - he must get totally sick of my curries, spag bol and chilli - and mostly with quorn!

A triathlon - you are watching too much Davina and starting to think that all this exercise is fun....pack it in!!! ;)

was talking to my diet bud at work - shes on SW and she lost 6.5lbs last week - she changed a couple of her breakfasts to fresh raspberries and her leader said apparently raspberries are a super speed food or something? assume it must be metabolism related, but she usually struggles to lose 1lb a week and said that was her only change.. so i bet if you do something similar with your fruit and veg you will easily get your STS :) x

Back