Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Hi Bee and Harry. Thanks for your posts. It's been difficult to keep up with things since going back to work as I have a really long day due to having a 2.5 hour journey each way - I go by train as although driving is quicker I was fed up of motorway driving. I've also not been brilliant at dieting or exercise! I get about 3 miles walking to and from train stations but haven't been for a long walk or a run for 6 days! I've also been eating carbs today ( had a forkful of my son's mash and 2 bites of his dime cheescake at tea time and 4 hard boiled eggs throughout the day as well as my exante meals) and ate 2 full packs of chicken breast yesterday and 4 shicken drumsticks on Monday. I had a 2lb gain this morning and am going to get back on track ifI want to have lost on weigh in day next Sunday which is also the day I am doing my first Race for Life this year. (The 2nd is in July). Another incentive is that I've bought a load of size 16 clothes on ebay (have only just discovered how cheap you can buy brand new designer clothes) and if I dont lose more weight very little will fit! Oh dear - am really going to have to pull myself together!!! Work has been hectic too......

Never mind Lynne! That's not going to cause much damage really and a couple of days on TS will sort that right out. Just think of those lovely clothes!! It's a massive incentive! I ordered a new dress from Boden last week in size 16 but when it arrived it was too big! Yippee!! So I ordered the 14 and on a whim the 12 too. The 14 fits and the 12 is just a tad tight so to spur me on, the 14 has gone back!!

Hope to meet you in the 12s soon. Remember your membership to the 13s isn't valid anymore!!

Thanks Wayz - amazing, getting into a 12! You should check out ebay. I only buy brand new items still with tags on. (You have to put bnwt before whatever you want eg
'bnwt crest dresses size 16'). I've got some right bargains and am going to sell things as I grow out of them. Once I start doing that I'm only going to use the money I raise to buy new clothes. BUT, you're right - I need to use this as an incentive to lose more weight so that my new clothes fit well for America!

Might just do that. I've sold stuff on there before bit not bought. When do you go to the states? I'm off there on 30 July. Flying to Philadelphia and them driving to Delaware for 2 and a half weeks. It's tax free so I'm hoping to stock up on Levi's, converse and lots of Gap stuff!

I fly to Philadelphia on 18th July. Mysister lives there and I'll be staying for 2 weeks. We'll be spending some time in New York and at Cape May (near to Jersey Beach.) I'm really looking forward to going. Am also going to Turkey for 2 weeks at the end of August. I have just buying brand new stuff on ebay but notice that used stuff sells well too.

Hey Lynne...great weigh loss. I would not worry about the 2lb we can lose it together as I put on 2lb in London over the weekend.

it is hard once you go back to work to balance every thing out. But we are woman and can multiple skill

That's what I always say to the men at work. Someone I know who is now a senior university lecturer was once a student of mine many years ago when I was a Probation Officer. Whenever he complained about his workload I used to say ' but Joe, you need to learn how to multi task!' I periodically see him at conferences, meetings etc and he still tells people how I taught him to multi task - among other 'amusing' stories about his time with me as his pactice teacher!
You're right, we will both lose the 2lb we've gained. I'm just struggling with the long days. I managed to stay 100% before I went on leave and will have to do so again - otherwise I will have nothing to wear on holiday since all the clothes I've bought are size 16 and I need to lose another few lbs for them to fit comfortably!

Lynne it will just take a few days to get back into your routine. You have had a long time off on holiday with a if different pattern to what you find yourself in now.

I am sure you will start building your 3 meals in around travel/work and also see where you can squeeze your exercise in.

keep focused x

I'm going to go off here soon and go to bed to try and get up at 5 to go running. If I don't manage it this week I should be able to after the weekend. Food wise I'm just going to have to get throught those first 3 days again!

I'm starting the beginning of those long three days again tomorrow Lynne!
I feel a lot better now :D

We can do it!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Have a god sleep...at keep us posted on if you fit your run in

OK Shell. We can compare notes as we go through it. I do find it easier to stick to it if I've agreed to do it with someone else. Thanks.

Just subscribing :D
I will try to catch up on your diary later :p

Hey Lynne, sounds like you've been mega busy, and a very hectic daily routine, 2.5hrs journey one way!? You poor thing. I used to commute but it wasn't anywhere near that, about 1.5hrs each way and I found that tough, did that for only about four years. But it is so draining.
A 2lb gain isn't that bad really, putting it into perspective of how well you've lost before and that everyone's allowed blips, it'll come right off again :)

After I went back on Exante properly, having had about 10 solid days of just eating rubbish, I didn't feel the whole first three day effect as badly as I did before. So hopefully you'll be the same especially considering that you didn't blow it, you just added. Whereas I blew it big time :rolleyes:

And great tip about the clothes. Must check out once I'm another stone or two down.

How was your journey to and from work today and are you managing to settle back into a food routine?

How was your day hun?
How's your exercise routine going?

Hi Bee, Shrimp and Harry. I'm a bit overwhelmed at work at the moment with an awful lot to catch up on. I've also got a music project and a Summer Arts College for which I secured considerable funding to recruit to - and should be well on with this but haven't started. Today is the first one I've managed to stay 100% for so hopefully I will get back into the routine. Even though I'm doing the Chesterfield Race for Life next Sunday I've decided to just concentrate on work and the diet this week and then restart training for the Huddersfield Race for Life next week.I've got to lose weight over the next few weeks because some of those new clothes I've bought from ebay won't fit if I dont!!!!!!!

Hi Lynne! Wow well done on all the running! I'm sure the lbs will fall off and your clothes will fit nicely :) you're doing fab, Those 3 days will be over again soon and you will be flying through the stones!

Best of luck for your run in the morning I take my hat off to you :) xx

Lynne I think that is a plan. Back up to speed with work, food back in order and then your running.

Back