Total Solution Lynne's journey to losing 6stone and running 5k. Countdown to Philadelphia.

Looks good :)
I bought stevia the other day, so I will make with that :)

Have you used stevia before Marge? I love it. But a little goes a very very long way ;) I bought a big tub of powdered stevia and it lasted me two years!! And I use it all the time, coffee, cooking, baking, lemonade, porridge, anything. When I first bought it, I made houmous and with all the lime and coriander it was a bit tangy so I put a quarter of a tea spoon full in it as well. I couldn't eat it. Had to throw it away, it was so sweet, it hurt! :D

The recipe sounds so good, I printed it off and will work out the calories and make it. Will make good travel food I think. I could imagine a grated apple and pinch of cinnamon would work with that as well. Yum.

That recipe looks delicious and something I will try too! Have a great day today Lynne! Steps and cals yesterday were fab! Xxx

Thanks Carrie. Stayed the same today so that's OK!

New start:
Friday Day 1: 12st 9lb
Saturday Day 2: 12st 8lb - 1lb loss
Sunday Day 3: 12st 6lb - 2lb loss
Monday Day 4: 12st 6lb - STS (Total 3lb loss)

Oops what have I started with that recipe on your thread Lynne?! Sorry! lol

Bee if you would let us know the calories that would be great? I know it used to be pretty low in WW points but it was the old points system I did and I can't remember what I calculated it to anyway! I have tried it with apple by the way - its ok but goes quite soggy tbh.. Coffee is good in it though.

Marge be careful with Stevia - it is very sweet. I just used Splenda or cheap Asda powdered sweetener to that quantity in a jug and it worked - don't know how you would recalculate with Stevia?

I don't mind Sarah. Going to give it a go next weekend.

Bee if you would let us know the calories that would be great? I know it used to be pretty low in WW points but it was the old points system I did and I can't remember what I calculated it to anyway! I have tried it with apple by the way - its ok but goes quite soggy tbh.. Coffee is good in it though.

Marge be careful with Stevia - it is very sweet. I just used Splenda or cheap Asda powdered sweetener to that quantity in a jug and it worked - don't know how you would recalculate with Stevia?

Yes, I guess you'd have to allow for the moisture in the apple and reduce added liquids. Will see and experiment :) With the stevia I buy it gives guidelines on how much stevia replaces how much sugar. But as it is an american brand, it is still way way too sweet for me. They recommend using a quarter teaspoon of stevia in drinks to replace one spoonful of sugar. That is too much, if I make a pint mug of coffee, I just put a tip of the teaspoon in and it is sweet! I'm sure there will be info online about working out quantities.

I've saved the recipe too, I love banana cake :)

Well done on the STS, it's a great idea seeing this as a practice time for maintenance xx

Sowwwwy! Least its not a huge fat choc cake recipe lol I did something similar the other day with a Mexican chicken recipe - oops, that was a healthy one too though!! Honest! lol

I will just add that the cake freezes very well :)

You're doing really well with the calorie counting Lynne well done. A STS is much better than a gain too! Have a great day xx

Thanks Ed. I'm hoping to get myself into a more controlled state of mind before going back on exante. Otherwise I'll just get into another roller coaster situation ie couple of days exante followed by a few days of binging.

Some pics from yesterday's walk. They're a bit dark because it was late afternoon / early evening. We're really lucky to have lots of lovely walks so close to home.

923503_10152258616912744_1264263591_n.jpg1549258_10152258619482744_1434684335_n.jpg1922133_10152258618757744_1687003107_n.jpg1970479_10152258616177744_1066277745_n.jpg10014617_10152258620007744_391691304_n.jpg1966827_10152258616527744_1985073552_n.jpg1896780_10152258618407744_2116214963_n.jpg1920409_10152258617907744_1139300914_n.jpg

Just updated my steps for yesterday. Total 15782. Not done many today yet. Best get out there with the dog!

193 calories for lunch - 1tsp I can't believe it's not butter, 1 slice of ww thick wholemeal bread and 1 rasher of thick cut unsmoked danish bacon. That makes 491 for the day so far as I had an oat so simple golden syrup porridge for breakfast. So far so good.....

Just got back from walking the dog. Steps up to 8857 so far today. Wish I didn't have to go back to work tomorrow! Loving this sunshine.

Have you used stevia before Marge? I love it. But a little goes a very very long way ;) I bought a big tub of powdered stevia and it lasted me two years!! And I use it all the time, coffee, cooking, baking, lemonade, porridge, anything. When I first bought it, I made houmous and with all the lime and coriander it was a bit tangy so I put a quarter of a tea spoon full in it as well. I couldn't eat it. Had to throw it away, it was so sweet, it hurt! :D
Houmous with sweetener in ? Really ?
I thought it was a savory thing :hmm:
Do you have the "Truvia" brand or Stevia its self ?
I have Stevia its self. The one I have is manufactured by Canderel :)

Yes, I read somewhere 5g of sugar is 0.5g of Stevia equivalent ? I think the Splenda/Canderel is very similar quantities. :D
Cake discussion hijacking diet thread!!! This is wrong!! :D:D
Oh, but it feels sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood :p

Oh, Lynne, I am glad you have enjoyed your time off work :)
You are doing really well :)
Sowwwwy! Least its not a huge fat choc cake recipe lol I did something similar the other day with a Mexican chicken recipe - oops, that was a healthy one too though!! Honest! lol

I will just add that the cake freezes very well :)

Well done on all that walking Lynne your photos look fab - it makes such a difference when it's sunny - I really hope this sunshine lasts x

I went on some of the same walk again today - it's only 5 mins walk from my house! I love the sun. Unfortunately I'm back to work tomorrow.

Hope your work day goes ok today Lynne, you have done well diet wise and well done on all the steps too. That is still a problem for me, pathetic as it sounds but I work such long days and have been so busy, I haven't managed to fit a walk in anywhere.

Back