Maintainers Refocus Month

Hey guys well done everone seems to be doing well - apart from me:cry:I just cant seem to get into it. Like Poppy I get through a day maybe 2 and then lose it. Need to sort my head out:mad:

Thanks Poppy

An angel - moi?

xx:angel:

kik, don't be so down on yourself. its not always easy.

maybe you are not ready for full abstinence at the moment, you really do have to be 'ready' for it. could you try something like sukie sue is doing - she has lost quite a lot by doing a vegan diet for a week - and then go back to packs when you are ready.

otherwise you are going to just have to bite the bullet and go for it - you know it will get easier after day 3, you just have to get there.

plan so you will be busy, so you don't get chance to eat. have nail varnish ready, toothpaste handy so when you do get the urge to eat you can distract yourself.

either way, if you want it enough, you will do it. don't give up
daisy x

partly this is being instigated by the WII Fit, which seems to think that any BMI over 22 is overweight, and insists on showing me MII with a HUGE belly! [heaven knows how it would have shown me pre LL, just a belly & feet I guess!! :( ).
:)

lol Sean. My Mii looks like that too! I see it and say "I think NOT!" :D Mean machine!!! Have you noticed too the board says "Ow!" when you step on it!!! Makes me laugh.

I am loving my Wii.....but I wish there was some way you could skip through some of the stuff, like once you know the routine you could move on to a phase without the little tutor guy. Thinking mainly of the Boxing one at the moment. It just slows you down. But I am finding it is great fun!!

After payday I want to get one of the Fitness ones with a coach and 30 day challenge. It hink those will be more aggressive and more chalenging - though I do like the little Wii people - they are quite silly. :)

Keep at it...sounds like you are doing very well. :)

x

hi there
well after 14 days abstinence i decided to eat tonight.
i went to pizza express with my mum and dad and my youngest then to a Strauss gala concert - it was my xmas pressie to them.

i had the new leggere(?) pizza - 500 cals and a coffee and ice cream dessert 130 cals

i looked on the pizza express website before we went, decided what to have and then stuck to it. I didn't eat all my pizza, stopped when i was full.

i feel very pleased with myself and i'm going to do 3 packs plus small meal for the next few days.

i think the new lower calorie leggere (?) range is fab - there is a wine too at 100 cals a glass. The pizza is a thin pizza with the middle cut out and a salad in the hole. The sweet was great as I never want a big pudding, but its just a little taste - my mum had the mini lemon tart and a cappucino.

a lovely meal +pud for less than 650 cals.

The gala was lovely too - 8 dancers and an opera singer as well as the orchestra. My youngest is only 5 and she was the only little child there, but she loved it, i was so proud of her!

It was really nice to do something different for a night!

daisy x

Excellent Daisy
I'm so glad you had a great time and allowed yourself the treats and stayed in control.
That's what maintenance should be about in my opinion, not denial.
Well done you.
I'm sure you will continue successfully. x

Excellent Daisy! You should be very proud of yourself too.

Well done Daisy!! Wow, such control.

I am proud of myself too today - I woke up this morning feeling clear headed and able to get up early as I had no wine last night for the first weekend since the summer!! I can also definitely seen the weight coming off, and got in to a pair of trousers yesterday which were too tight and that's all since Monday!

I love VLCDs - but I need to become an angel like SB and learn to definitely keep it under control this time!!

1lb off at weigh in which i'm ok with.
if i hadn't had the food last night would prob have been more, but i'm fine with that.

if i can lose a llb every couple of weeks i should be back where i want to be by the end of march

daisy x

Sorry to disappoint you Poppy, but I'm not an angel. I put on 4-5 lbs over the Christmas hols, but it's gone now.
I was too terrified to let it go further in case I couldn't be brave like you guys are and come back to sort it out.
Just a different way of coping I guess. x

Yay Daisy, well done with teh meal & control, that's definately the way I want to 'maintain' over the coming years rather than jumping in & out of abstinance.

P_S, really please to hear you're winning the battle this time, keep focussed & the time & weight will fly (as you know).

To all other, keep it up, we're all in the same boat & determined to reach whichever personal goals we have set ourselves & January's such a misrable month any way why not use it to challenge a little weight loss?

So end of week 2 for me today & stepped on 'usual' scales which show me as 2lb lihter than the WII (I knew the WII had it in for me!). Anyway I'll stick to the WII weight for now & confirm a week 2 loss of 5lb so that's 12lb gone, and me knocking on the door of my 'box' weight again :)

I did have more Cals yesterday, but I felt I wanted them (Dried fruit, V high Cal but healthy). I also decided that I'd have a drink & had a small Gin & Slimline Tonic before dinner (Moroccan lamb & veg with Quinoa), but after dinner didn't feel the 'urge' for wine so didn't bother (feel very virtuous about this despite having alcohol 1 week earlier than original plan). So all good. A little fexibility over next few weeks & hopefully I'll be OK. 4 weeks until I go away & 9lb to holiday 'goal'. Simples ;)

Well done all. It's coming off and we're not technically dieting!! Well I don't look at it that way anyhow.

I've had a good week food wise, terrible water though. I've lost another 3lb and the jeans are certainly feeling better.

I have been a little naughty over the weekend but last week was a bit of a poo. OH had an awkward court case, which had a happy ending but was not a nice experience, my entire computer system went sideways so has had to be replaced and I've lost all my contacts etc and SIL's mum had a heart attack and has been in hospital since Thursday.

I did wait for a glass of wine until Saturday but it ended up being the half bottle as OH and I discussed the week over dinner. I also treated him yesterday to one of his favourite lunches, baked Camembert with crusty bread which I had a little of myself, naughty but very nice and chosen. Later I just had salad.

I have this thing in my head that I should change my weigh in to Friday. I could then let my hair down at the weekend and have the week to recover before the weigh in. How crooked is that. Instead I am forcing myself to stay with the Monday mornings. I think about it through the weekend and I do actually think I benefit from it! 3lb this week isn't a lot, but it may have been a lot worse with those crooked thoughts in my head!

Well half way through the month and I'm nearly back to pre Christmas, just the rest and the Australia weight to go now. I really, really must up the water. Almost 1.5 litres is not enough. Even though I hate the stuff, I want to flush!!!!

Onwards and downwards!

Good job FT. Sorry your week was so pants, and I hope SILs mom is OK.

Another pound off for me this morning, bringing my total post Boxing Day to 13 pounds. One more and thats a stone. Aiming for another half a stone at least.

I made a promise to myself once I completed RTM that I would never "diet" again, so I agree. We are not dieting as such, as we are dealing with our weight - be it up, or be it down. Diet is a four letter word! :D

Me exercise was off this week due to a tummy bug thursday and friday, and then a head cold from Saturday, so spent the weekend pretty much nursing both. Hoping to pick it up this week.

One thing spurring me a long, is we are going back to the states in March, and I am thrilled that even if we went today - I will still be slim, after 3 or 4 trips - rather then the historical one trip up, next trip down, etc. So now my family and friends will know I am in this for the long haul. Its a very nice feeling, and helps keep me focused.

Go on everyone - rock it! A new week to practice our new learnt behaviours!!! :)

xx

F_T hope your SIL mum ok
BL not long til march for you to wait - and 13lbs, fab!

I am back completely on food today - i still have 2 weeks of exante packs so i might mix in with food, or just try food and then maybe do another two weeks of abstinence if I can't shift these last few llbs.

i reckon i really lost about 8lbs in 2 weeks on packs (was about 12lb on scales, but the glycogen is coming back on and i'm 9.4 this morning)

so today i've just had a poached egg on small slice of wholemeal bread.
for lunch i'm going out and am going to have soup

i have some cous cous and salmon lined up for tea

just made some fruit compote to have with some greek yog later

fingers crossed i can stick to it!

daisy x

Kik, how are you doing? Hope things have fallen into place a bit more for you.

Well done on all the losses everyone!

I've lost 3lb this week (11lb in 2 weeks)so really pleased with that as went out with a friend on Thursday for a meal at a Greek restaurant on although most of it was ok, stayed off the vino and clearly didn't do too much damage! Have two long standing arrangements for meals out this week :sigh: so gonna be a tough one and hope I can lose at least a pound so i'm on track for a stone in 4 weeks!

Great news BL that you are back to the states in a few weeks I know you've been having a tough time so sending hugs :hug99:!

Have a great week all.....

x

well done on your losses everyone and good luck daisy on going back to food.

had my weigh in on sat. 1 pound off which was disappointing although better then a couple of pounds on - which is where i was getting to. it also means a total of 5 pounds off since new year which i'm really pleased about.

its also given me the kick up the backside that i needed so am now sticking to the plan happily and the thought of cheating just seems a bit counter productive.

feeling really positive about this week. i've tried the new fudge nut bars which are lovely and one of those a day feels like a great indulgence.

keep it up everyone!

Everyone is sounding so great and posative!! Whether we're packing, food and packing or fooding, we're all making the decisions in a very adult way!

All looking good!

hmmm- just got back from lunch.
had the veggie soup - delicious, and two black coffees

but.... couldn't resist the carrot cake
- tho i did share a piece ....and had the smaller bit!

the cafe is lovely - in a buddist centre - all veggie, homemade stuff.

will compensate by cutting something out later so hopefully no harm done

daisy x

No harm done Daisy, enjoy the 'treat' and adjust :)

Everyone is doing great - its great to hear others motivated:) Ive had 2 really good days now been having packs for breakfast & lunch & then having evening meal - fish, chicken & salad or veg. Still finding it hard not to snack at night but working at it.
Started waking today & got the biggest loser wii game today:D

Back