March Goals

Hiya Amy I have posted some recipes under the tab all diets on the Xenical link....also go to Home | alli they have some great recipes on there also :)

I'm looking forward to Helb coming to stay in June, but it'll be a bit strange for us because the boy who normally comes to stay is now too old (13) and so he can't come with the charity anymore, but Hleb who is coming to stay with us this time has been to our house before, when he came to tea and to play with Stas on their previous visits, but Hleb's host family have moved to New Zealand, so we're looking after him instead!

It's a tough month, very tiring, and my limited russian is tested to the max, but when they go home, the house is so quite, so empty, and last year, I sobbed so much when Stas left. Thankfully, though, we do manage to get the odd email from him, which really does make me smile, as I'm so glad that he remembers us fondly (or more so the hours I let him play on the wii!!)

Thing is, will having Hleb interrupt my swimming/zumba/gym routines??!! Our Zumba teacher is going to do them a lesson or two one day, so perhaps I could drag him along for a full hour of it!! LOL!!!

Good luck everyone with your goals, i am sure we will all get there :D

Passiflora you really are an amazing woman, i think its great to give the kids a chance like that!! I think having your exercise interupted is worth it knowing you are helping a child with their health!!

Aww shucks Rach, but honestly, it's just great having them here for the month, but so sad when they go :( I'll be counting on you lot to keep my chin up after they've gone home, and not dive into the chocolate aisle at Sainsburys!!!

i know this might sound boring but im aiming for a stone a month.this time next yr i want to be down to 8st. as my mam needs a kidney and i have to be under a certain bmi to give it to her :)

also my big goal is going to be for may and sep. im in my last yr at uni and on 27th may its my may ball and ive always wanted a beautiful dress and this yrs theme if fairy tale :D:D:D:D:D

in sep i graduate with cap and gown and i want to look beautiful in my pictures and have my mam and dad be proud of me :D

good luck everyone here, this forum is so supportive spesh the xenical ladies and gents, a truly special group.

Charlotte what a brave and wonderful thing to do for your Mum....and you will go to the ball looking amazing :)

Thanks Booboo for the recipe tips... I just gotta find my way to them now...lmao.... Charlotte, what you're losing weight for is truly special and I'm with you all the way on it! Good luck m'dear!
And to all the ladies on here, including Rach and Kelly...thanks so much for the warm welcome!! :)

** I am on day 11 now of my pills.... jumped on the scales this morning, and still I've only lost 4 and a half pounds!! Am I doing something wrong?? :( I don't have a lot of time for exercise at the minute but I do make sure I go for one hour's brisk walk before Tea every evening.... Don't get me wrong, I do feel a little better in myself for eating healthy, but I am disappointed at the scales... I reeeealllly hope my scales are to blame for the low numbers :/ ... Any tips / advice would be extremely appreciated right now ... Thanks Girlies xx

Don't put yourself under pressure when you jump on the scales...its proven the more you worry it stops your brain and body from letting you lose weight.....
You have lost a good amount in 11 days Amy ....you should be thrilled you have done that and feel positive...
Losing weight is the hardest thing to do and we all want our new bodies now but i'm afraid we have to work at it!! I am more than happy if I have a 1-2lb weight loss per week and its a steady rate to lose ....its just a bonus if its more...
Stay positive and don't be disappointed...the scales don't tell you everything your body is changing ...take your measurements Amy and you then can see the difference :):)

dont let what you see on the scales get you down, 4lb is a great loss and all in the right direction so well done :D :D Some weeks you will lose more and some less but it all adds up in the long run!! Its only recommended to lose 1-2 lb a week so your right on target, Great work!!

Thanks for the words of wisdom gals! I know I shouldn't focus on the scales too much but I think it comes with the new start, when you first try something and you're hopes are high lol. I've just been at a loss with the whole weight issue for years now. Weightwatchers - done, Slimming World - Done , Slim Fast - Done , Lighter Life _ done ( spending thousands of pounds along with it ) !! In 2009 I lost 6 stone on LL, but I lost my Nephew to Cockayne Syndrome and of course all the weight shot up again, resulting in an 8 STONE gain! Since then I have been on and off LL and lost 4 stone.... which co-incidentally is now back on! Soooo, another 'new start' two years later and I'm just so fragile!!!!
I'm determined to get this weight off and I think I'm now more in the frame of mind that it's a lifestyle change rather than a 'Diet' BUT 100 pounds sounds like soooo much!
Anyways, I really appreciate this site and all your kind kind words..... It's amazing how much it can help

Thank oooooooooo ! lol ( And yes, 4 pounds is a good loss! ) :D xx

I think we have all tried different diets but now I am wiser and older I realise its a lifestyle change ....
Well done for your loss so far and stay positive because you will get there !!
I'm sorry about the loss of your Nephew and I do understand how it can bring you down and you stay under a cloud for ages.....
I lost my Dad September 2008 and lost my Mum 4 months after so its a huge thing to be able to pick yourself up.....I just think how proud of me they would be and it drives me on :)

You will get there stay strong and believe in yourself :):)

Thanks for your kind words Sharon, it's nice to know that we are not alone in the world of troubles we face every day :) Well done on your first month's loss too, it's great!! I do feel a little happier today :)

We are all here for each other at least then we have support and friendship through this tough challenge. Thankyou Amy :)

Aww Yipppeee! lol .... Grrr though, I still can't find the recipe thread you told me about :( This site is tough to navigate haha! I had a lovely lean piece of Gammon for tea with new potatoes, peas, mini corn on the cobs and pineapple! Mmmmm .... last night was a medley of roasted vegetables with rosemary and balsamic vinegar with a lemon and coriander turkey steak! The thing I'm enjoying with this is that I'm cooking again! whoop whoop!! Any ideas will be soooo appreciated! :)

I want to just have lost something..anything..and not stayed the same or put any back on.Oh and to dye my hair bright red :D new me is starting to emerge!

I have invested in the 'Alli Bible' ... maybe I need to write down everything I eat too ... I was hoping I wouldn't have too but maybe I'm just eating that tiny bit too much to slow me down? :/

Back