March Goals

Thanks booboo. You always have good advice.

Thats what we are here for Diana :)

Hi everyone

I have been reading all of your posts eagerly and I'm getting to think you are a strong group of ladies! You all seem very positive ( which I find really tough ) but the more I read, the more I feel 'normal' ( for want of a better word )!!

I am on day 9 of Xenical and really need to throw my scales out the window!! lol ... I think I have lost about 4 and a half pounds but it changes every morning!! Grrr ... I've never had these pills before and the Dr gave me NO advice whatsoever!! BUT after almost 2 years of battling with Lighterlife, losing 6 stone, gaining 8, losing 4 stone and gaining 3 back AGAIN, I am trying very hard to regain my confidence in food. I have almost 8 stone to lose and at the minute feel it is impossible :(

I have been trying very hard in the kitchen, new recipes and wot-not ... and have really tried to stay low fat!
Struggling with the dreaded side effects today and feeling reallly bloated :(
If anyone can give me any advice please feel free!! On anything Xenical related! I am a total Newbie to this site and the pills and am a bit confused to say the least!
Is it helpful to record my food and fat content also? I don't want to but if it helkps I'm sure gonna try!
Hope to read from anyone soon!
Amy xxx

hi amy and welcome to the site, these girls here are a great support so stick around and you will get the same from us all, thats what keeps us all going is coming on here and chatting to each other!!

Stick to the 5g per 100g of food on the nutrition info and no more than 45g fat per day and you will be fine. Plenty of water too is another good thing. The bloating is common at the beginning when taking xenical alot of us have had that problem but it will pass!! I am terrible for jumping on the scales too, every morning lol, although i am trying to not do it!! :D

None of us really get any info off our doctors so your not alone with that one hun. Were all learning as we go along!!

Yep, I'm down to lose 7.5lb by the end of March (or the 3rd April because Rach allowed my special circumstances!!);)

No probs Scary :)

Just did a new march goal thread and then saw this haha

So yeah my goal is at least 8 pounds! Fingers crossed for some results

Thanks for the reply Rach, and the advice.... it's crazy when the Dr's just expect you to get on with it!! I'm trying really hard though and coming here helps x :)

I'm into week two of pills now. I think I have lost approx. 4 pounds but not sure as my scales are forever changing!! Sooo, bearing that in mind and the fact I don't see my Doctor for a couple more weeks I would like to lose 11 pounds by the time I see him :) Fingers crossed ..... * must make appointment first LOL :)

hi amy good luck i find it very helpful coming on here and i have never stuck to any diet as long as i have done this one, i find it really helpful coming on here lots of help and advice everyone is lovely, i have around 8 stone to lose too not had my first weigh in yet been on xenical since 14th feb so go back on 14th march so looking forard to that,
xxx

Hi Kelly , nice to meet you.... Statistically we are quite similar, with only a week between start dates! I have done everything from WW to Lighter Life and really need to nip this in the bud... I'm 28 this Year and really really don't want to get to 30 and still fat! I'm hoping to get married ASAP as I have cancelled it three times now and lost a lot of money in the process ( all thanks to being fat and miserable! )
I just made appointment with Dr so my 'official' weigh in is the 18th March.... 11 pounds loss would be great for me :) I honestly see this as a last resort for me, I have spent thousands and thousands of pounds over the past few years and became very depressed with my whole situation.... SO, I'm thinking positively!! This has gotta work!!
Keep us updated on your weigh in hun and lots of luck to you :) x

thanks amy i am 26 this year so were similar ages too :) i have been dieting for about 8 years i have tried everything, every diet going been to lighter life, ww, slimming world, slim fast but i only last a few days and give up and say oh i will start again week after but that week never comes but i have been doing good on this so far although i was naughty at weekened and ate a kebab :( but i put it behind me and stuck to it where in the past if i sinned i would just give up, i will let you know how its going and be nice to hear how you get on too and if you need a chat xxx

Back