Marge's Diary: +4 stones to lose by July Wedding

margarino said:
Weigh in tomorrow.... I'm excited!! :D

TBH i haven't really done CD 100% but the weight is going down and even though i am eating food, i've avoided carbs and stayed in control.... So i'm not gonna give myself a hard time, so long as the weight keeps going down i'm happy :)

Good luck for everyone's weigh in's this week xx

Hello u good luck for tomorrow got everything crossed for ya xxx

Well done you that's a fab weight loss I've lost the same in two weeks Its a great motivation isn't it!

margarino said:
I LOST ANOTHER 5 LBS!!!!! That is a total loss of 15 lbs in my first 2 weeks. I am on such a cloud 9 at the moment, i'm lovin it!

Congratz I lost 15 in two weeks toooooooo we the 15 lbs trio whooohoooo xxxxxx

This week - major disappointment! It's half term, i'm working from home, CDC is on hols, and i've been picking! Have read through some diaries (Sharon and Tess - you girls are so awesome!!!), have taken stock and re-motivated myself and want to lose next Wednesday when i get weighed more than i want to eat. Pick your socks up and lets get to it!!!

Well i am being weighed in 2 days and i am not hopeful... I hope i haven't gained, would be good to have STS and then at least it will boot me up the ass into doing this properly! I know if i gain it will only make me feel unmotivated, so 2 days, 100% and then we shall see if it helps.....

Reminding myself of my goals:

GOAL SETTING
(my favourite part!!!)
  1. Drop back to overweight BMI (81 kg) :checkmark green: 10/2/11 :clap:
  2. Drop back to 70's :checkmark green: 10/2/11 :clap:
  3. Lose 10% on Cambridge (75 kg)
  4. Drop down to 60's
  5. Have a healthy weight BMI (68 kg)
Will set more goals once i am back in my healthy weight range :)

I cancelled this weeks weigh in. Wasn't such a great week emotionally and unfortunately i allowed myself to become overwhelmed by the stress and resort to my ever so effective coping strategy = eating :( Have now fallen ill and spent most of this weekend in bed. Will be back when i am stronger and ready.

What do you do when you get into the stressing about putting on weight, eating more because of the stress (ignoring the problem) cycle? I've tried to re-start so many times in the last month or so but still not stuck to anything and I just keep feeling worse and worse about myself. Anyway gonna try again on Monday, getting a plan together tomorrow as I am more likely to succeed if i plan ahead and see how I go...

What do you do when you get into the stressing about putting on weight, eating more because of the stress (ignoring the problem) cycle? I've tried to re-start so many times in the last month or so but still not stuck to anything and I just keep feeling worse and worse about myself. Anyway gonna try again on Monday, getting a plan together tomorrow as I am more likely to succeed if i plan ahead and see how I go...

Hi margarino :hug99:

Sticking to SS, or even SS+, is hard to do when you're really stressed. Have you ever considered doing 810? It makes maybe half a pound a week's difference to how many pounds you can shed per week (as compared to SS) and the portion of protein is pretty substantial. The meal feels quite substantial (well it does to me, anyway :)). Why not give it a whirl? The food lists are a little less restrictive on 810 compared to SS+ too.

Hope you get back on track soon.

Like LIly says I'd try 810, and gradually work down the plans if you want to go back to ss/ss+ but like Lily says weight loss is still good on 810.

margarino said:

Hello gorgeous Girly I restarted today :-( I know I know took me bloody long enough but something just slotted into the right place and I feel ok at moment day one all done and dusted :) come on chick we can do this
Speak soon luv Sharon xxxxx

Good luck huni on what you decide u know it will be right for you xxxxx

Day 1

Weigh in: 12 st 9.4 lbs

So overall, since i started losing weight last June following my engagement i have lost 1 stone 3.6 lbs.

In looking at where things went wrong before, i wasn't doing CD properly because i was struggling to drink all the shakes, but wasn't then adding a meal to compensate for the fewer shakes i was having - between 1-2 a day. So to change this, i really want to kick start the weight loss because last time i lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks so will commit to doing VLCD for 2 weeks (with some meal options when i can't drink my shakes without throwing them up), then weeks 3 onwards do one meal as a shake (problem meal is usually dinner so makes sense to have the shake then) and the others as low carb meals.

I think this plan is more achievable for me and i would rather lose less but keep losing steadily until July, than to not lose anything or worse, gain more!

So.... Plan for today:

Breakfast: Coffee + Cappuccino shake
Lunch: Tuna and lettuce
Afternoon: Choc orange shake
Dinner: CD Soup

Exercise:

Level 1 - 30 Day Shred
Clean the house

Motivational thought:

Success is achieved through taking small steps - today my small step is not to beat myself up but to celebrate my success so far.

My get out of jail free card:

Its a glorious day so every time i want to go into the kitchen, i will instead go outside and read a page of my Atkins book in the sunshine.

So i am planning on having my first dress fitting in 6 weeks time and 2nd motivator of the day.... I could be at the top of my healthy weight range in time for my first fitting!!! Now that has put a great big smile on my face! Now i have short term goals and a long term goal :clap:

Motivational thought:

Success is achieved through taking small steps - today my small step is not to beat myself up but to celebrate my success so far.

Well said hunni, I think a lot of us forget to give ourselves a pat on the back for even making the choice to do something about our weight.

Good luck with your restart, hope you have a great day :D

Back