Marmaduke's food diary

Really pleased, I've lost another 2lbs this week so must be doing something right! I have stopped thinking about food so much and I think I'm starting to get used to it a bit more now. I'm going to stick with it as it really works and I'm well on my way to my first mini target of 1 stone by xmas x

Breakfast:

mullerlight fruit and hifi bar around 10am in work

lunch:

mugshot, sw quiche, fruit

tea:

Pasta with passata and quorn pieces topped with cheese and a bit of quiche with mushroom, ham and onion (a few syns for cheese on pasta)

I was in a cooking mood so I've made lots of yummy food to have for lunch over the next few days!

Just had a muller cherry layer for pudding which I think is 2 syns

hexA - milk in tea/coffee, laughing cow lights
hexB - hifi bar
syns - cheese - approx 6 syns muller 2 syns

I've decided I'm better off not having weetabix for breakfast and I actually feel fuller having a mullerlight with some fruit for brekkie at around 8 and then having a hifi bar between 10 and 11.

Last edited:
Thursday

Brekkie:

mullerlight, banana, hifi bar at around 10.30

Lunch:

pasta bake, sw quiche, quorn ham, laughing cow light, apple

Tea:

sw chips, beans and quiche with ketchup (1 syn)

Might have another mullerlight later or a curly wurly perhaps!

I have noticed that I'm eating mostly the same food lately, mainly because I haven't been shopping and not got much else in. Will try and vary it a bit more from next week. I've also noticed that I'm much less hungry, the last few days especially so, looks like my body is getting used to slimming world, yay!

Last edited:
Thanks Circles, yes I'm getting the hang of it now, the first week was tricky as I seemed to be thinking about food all the time but that has calmed down now. I'm doing much more cooking and eating much less processed food and ready meals so all is good, already over half a stone down and my clothes are starting to feel loose!

Friday

Brekkie:

Mullerlight, banana, hifi bar mid morning

Lunch:

quiche, pasta bake, quorn ham & laughing cow, kiwi

Tea:

batchelors savoury rice with quorn fillet

hexa - skimmed milk in tea/coffee, laughing cow light
hexb - hifi bar

Going to a friends tonight so will more than likely have a couple of wines so will be good all day and try not to use any syns so that I can have a couple of drinks guilt free! Planning on an alcohol free saturday night but might have a chinese take away - first one in weeks, was thinking of going for chicken chow mein as I believe this is fairly low in syns?

Last edited:
Saturday

brekkie:

mullerlight, kiwi, hifi bar

lunch:

pasta bake, quiche, quorn ham, laughing cow extra light x 2

tea:

planning on chicken chow mein from chinese (around 10 syns) maybe a curly wurly (6 syns)

had way too much wine last night but will try to be good all day so I can have chinese later and I wont drink tonight :D

I really enjoyed my chinese last night! it was worth the wait. I had chicken chow mein which I love and which I think is not too high in syns. I didn't drink or have my curly wurly either.

Today

breakfast:

quorn sausages, eggs, beans, mushrooms, tomato, ketchup (1 syn)....oops ended up burning my quorn sausages! so I'm having a birds eye potato waffle instead (2 and a half syns)

Lunch:

planning on a roast dinner, chicken (skin removed), sw roast potatoes, carrots, peas, brocolli, gravy (about 2 syns) aunt bessies yorkshire pud (2.5 syns)

Tea:

just had a mullerlight lemon cheesecake flavour (1 syn) yummy

Last edited:
I used a fair few syns over the weekend with drinking friday night, chinese saturday night and just generally pigging out yesterday so I'm going to try and minimise the damage over the next few days before weigh in tuesday night.

Green Day:

brekkie:

muller light, banana and strawberries, hi fi bar

lunch:

mugshot, laughing cow extra light x 3, quorn ham slices, apple

tea:

Jacket potato, quorn chicken burger (1 or 2 syns?) and beans, ketchup (1 syn)

late night snack: hifi bar

hexA - skimmed milk in tea/coffe, laughing cow extra lights
hexB - hifi bar x 2
syns - quorn chicken burger, ketchup

Last edited:
Weigh in tonight so trying to be extra good untill after weigh in to minimise damage of chinese and wine on weekend!

Green Day

Brekkie:

mullerlight & strawberries, hifi bar mid morn

Lunch:

Mugshot, laughing cow extra light x 2, quorn ham slices, apple

Tea:

quorn chicken burger (2.5 syns) 2 x potato waffles (5 syns) quorn cumberland sausage and beans - need to go shopping so had to raid the freezer to find something to eat!

snack - fruit, hifi bar

glass of wine (5 syns)

hexA - skimmed milk in tea/coffee & laughing cow extra lights
hexB - hifi bar x 2

Last edited:
Just had weigh in and didn't lose this week, in fact I gained half a pound! Although I suspect it may be to do with what I was wearing this week so I'm not getting too upset about it. Hopefully I'll have a great loss next week as I am being good and sticking to it and saving my syns through the week for booze. Got a night out saturday again but I'll stick to spirits and wines and hopefully will be ok. I have also decided to do mainly green days unless I am eating out or having take away or something, I don't eat much meat anyway and feel I'm missing out on healthy extras doing extra easy.

Feeling positive as I've weighed myself on my scales and I'm showing a loss so I'm thinking the gain was to do with what I was wearing. Every other week I've made sure I wear the same sort of thing but I was in a rush last night and didn't have time to change. Hopefully I'll get a good loss at weigh in next week.

Todays food diary

Green Day

brekkie:

strawberries, half a banana & a hifi bar mid morning

lunch:

couscous (1syn) quorn ham slices, laughing cow extra light x 2, apple

tea:

homemade potato wedges, quorn chicken burger x 2 and beans

snack

mugshot, half a curly wurly

hexA: skimmed milk in tea/coffee, laughing cow extra lights
hexB: 2 x hifi bars
syns: couscous 1 quorn burgers 5 curly wurly 3

Last edited:
Thursday, Green Day

Brekkie:

beans on toast x2(nimble wholemeal) with laughing cow extra light x1

lunch:

sw quiche

tea:

quorn chicken burger (2 syns) in 2x nimble wholemeal, tiny slice of cheese, half teaspoon mayo, ketchup, sw chips, beans

snacks:

half a curly wurly, apple, banana, a couple of prunes (need to check syns)

hexA - laughing cow extra light x1, tiny slice of cheese
hexB - 4 slices nimble wholemeal
syns - prunes (1?) curly wurly (3) ketchup (1) mayo (1) quorn burger (2) wine (8)

been really hungry today as I wasn't in work so that is always a struggle for me. decided to have bread for the first time since starting sw, it was lovely!

Last edited:
Friday

Green

brekkie:

alpen light bar, banana

lunch:

sw quiche, lc extra light triangle, quorn ham slice, apple

tea:

quorn chicken burger in nimble wholemeal bread with tiny bit mayo & ketchup & cheese

snacks:

mughsot, quorn ham slices, laughing cow extra light triangles, prunes

hexA - milk in tea/coffee, lc ex lights, tiny bit cheese
hexB - alpen light bar, 2xnimble bread

syns: about 5 so far (might have wine later!)

Last edited:
Saturday

I need to be good today and not use any syns until tonight as I'm going out and I know there will be lots of alcohol involved! Will try to stick to vodka and diet drinks tonight.

Green Day

Brekkie:

Mullerlight, strawberries, alpen light bar

lunch:

mugshot, slice of sw quiche, apple, banana

tea:

ended up not having tea which wasn't planned! did drink a lot in the evening, mostly short and some wine but a couple of halfs of cider too ooops! didn't count the syns

Last edited:
Sunday

Green Day

brekkie:

big fry up - quorn sausages, beans, eggs, tomato, mushrooms & 2 slices of toast - nimble wholemeal with laughing cow extra light, ketchup

lunch:

sw quiche

tea:

sw chips, quorn chicken burger, little bit cheese, mayo, ketchup, 2xnimble wholemeal

snacks:

hifi bar, lots of fruit, laughing cow, mullerlight

hexA - milk in tea, laughing cow extra light
hexB - 4 slices nimble wholemeal
syns - hifi bar (6) quorn burger (2) ketchup (1) mayo (1)

Been really hungry today due to large amount of alcohol consumed last night but managed to resist the urge to have chinese takeaway and I just sat and watched hubby and son eat chocolate pudding and custard, my fave! hopefully I'll get rewarded on tuesdays weigh in.

Last edited:
Monday

Green day

brekkie - mullerlight, fruit, alpen light bar

lunch - sw quiche, fruit, laughing cow extra lights

tea - jacket potato, laughing cow, beans, little bit of cheese, quorn chicken burger in 2x nimble wholemeal, tiny bit of mayo & ketchup

hexA - milk in tea/coffee, cheese, lc lites
hexB - 2 x wholemeal nimble, alpen light
syns - quorn burger, ketchup, mayo (4)

Last edited:
Tuesday

Green Day, Weigh in tonight!

brekkie -

mullerlight, hifi bar, fruit

lunch -

sw quiche, savoury rice, fruit

tea -

not sure yet, will be after weigh in

I have realised that I'm eating a lot of the same things every day over the last week - quorn chicken burgers and sw chips and sw quiche! need to vary it a bit before I get bored I think.

Lost 1.5lbs this week, quite happy with this. I'm treating myself to a chinese tonight but trying to keep it low syns with chicken chow mein!

Wednesday

brekkie

alpen light, banana

lunch

mugshot, snack a jacks (5.5 syns), big fruit salad

tea

jacket potato with homemade quorn chilli (onion, quorn mince, passata, baked beans, chilli powder) (syn free), 2x laughing cow light instead of butter in JP and a bit of reduced fat cheese grated on top

late night snack

alpen light bar and mullelight, 2 prunes

hexA - bit of skimmed milk in tea, 2 x laughing cow light triangles, grated reduced fat cheese on chilli
hebB - alpen light bar x2
syns - snack a jacks (5.5) prunes (1)

Last edited:
Back