Medicine balls

help6363

Hello:)

I was using a 8 pound mecidine ball whilst I was doing my sit ups tonight and this guy at the gym told me it does not benefit my stomach muscles to use a medicine ball. He was just using the gym, so I thanked him for his advice but I just kept doing my sit ups with the medicine ball.

I was wondering if anyone knows do medicine balls help with muscle development when I am doing sit ups?

Thanks!

Not an expert by any means but the only real benefit I can see from using it is to stop pulling on the back of the head,like most beginners do.

Are you actually doing full sit-ups? Why not just crunches?

Hey

Thanks for the reply. Crunches....yep do them too! Also, do the captain's chair.

I asked three person trainers at the gym and they said that using the medicine ball (cause it is 8 pounds) will build strength. Still, I never know know whether or not to believe personal trainers. Oh, I do full sit ups when I use the medicine ball.

Thanks!

I'd lose the medicine ball and stop doing sit-ups, crunches better isolate your abs and also reduces the beating your lower back takes.

Hello:)

I was using a 8 pound mecidine ball whilst I was doing my sit ups tonight and this guy at the gym told me it does not benefit my stomach muscles to use a medicine ball. He was just using the gym, so I thanked him for his advice but I just kept doing my sit ups with the medicine ball.

I was wondering if anyone knows do medicine balls help with muscle development when I am doing sit ups?

Thanks!

Wow, he sounds professional, NOT! I have used a medicine ball since day one at the gym and I use it every time I see my personal trainer once a week, not only for ab work, but we do this running up the stairs thing with the med ball overhead and also bunny hops with the med ball over head, we also squat with it and all sorts...so I'd say by the progress and the changes in my body that the medicine ball DOES WORK!!!

Strength,stability,balance,tone. Those are the reasons for using my medicine ball at the gym :D
All advised by personel trainers/class instructors. :D x

Back