Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

You know I'm not doing well when I don't post. Still in self destruct mode and when the Cotsco bakery items are in the house...it's madness!!! Still have the cinnamon and double chocolate brownies on top of the fridge and trying to get the rest of the family to finish them asap!

Think the problem is also not getting to the gym and doing overtime at work is not helping and at night have no energy, so need to work something out.

This weekend I'm working from 8am-8pm as they are paying double pay. I'm thinking to start fresh from Monday, but why not tomorrow????why not after this post??? Someone give me a good telling off :sigh:

HI Meli,

DON'T UNDO ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!
I know you can get back on track, I really do. Sounds like life is hectic for you at the moment, so take 5 minutes to plan plan plan! Those sound like killer shifts this weekend but should give you some extra cash to play with. Make sure you have some filling comfort SW meals for when you get home starving hungry, cos I know that's when I start to pick at naughty things...

Think back to how great you felt at the wedding when you looked fab and got so many compliments - don't you want to stay that way? Then do not self-destruct!!

Ooh Meli Meli Meli!!!!! We've all been there, especially those of us who, like you have been at this game for some time!! You know you don't want to undo all the hard work and I'm sure it's just a transient phase you're going through!! Just a suggestion, why don't you try and go for a 1lb per week approach?!! Hope you don't mind me saying this but I have noticed that when you're in 'the zone' you're very much working on all cylinders- extremely focused, doing tons of exercise, being quite strict food-wise and getting big losses!! Being in this mode is fantastic- infact I'm always in awe of you and feeling like I should be really upping my game on the exercise front and being a bit stricter with my food!! Perhaps rather than an all or nothing approach you could try to find some middle ground and do bits and pieces of exercise when you CAN manage to fit it in rather than going for it hell for leather and then feeling guilty if you can't keep it up?! And just do what you can on the food front and allow yourself your syn allowance! In short, I think being a bit more gentle with yourself may help to give you smaller but consistent losses over a long period of time!! Tell me to get lost if you wish- after all my progress hasn't been the best/most consistent of late! Just think maybe you're putting a bit too much pressure on yourself to be perfect when moderation may be better over time?!! You've done so well hun, don't beat yourself up about it as this can be quite self-destructive!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If you don't get right back on plan very soon, I will come to your house, with a camera, gather all your family around, slap you once, and take a shot of all of their faces. Then, I will go home and edit it to resemble one of those Indian dramas you hate so much. It will look a little bit like this:

*Ali slaps Meli*
*repeat in slow motion*
*repeat in slow motion from another angle*
*repeat in slow motion from the opposite angle*
*zoom in on hubby's shocked face*
*zoom in on BIL's shocked face*
*zoom in on SIL's shocked face*
*zoom in on bacha no 1's shocked face*
*zoom in on bacha no 2's shocked face*
*zoom in on bacha no 3's shocked face*
*zoom in on nephews's shocked face*
*slap repeat in slow motion*
*Meli's hand goes to face*
*dum DUM, dum DUM, dum DUM*
*preview for next episode: Meli says 'tum me himmat kaisi hui, mujh par haath utane ke?!' after she has been checked out by a team of doctors rushing in and out of the operating theatre to treat a slap, and comes out on a stretcher bed with a white bandage around her head and a bloodstain seeping through, even though Ali certainly did not slap her across the head with enough force to get her hospitalised... but that is the way we Asians roll :cool: (or so Star Plus and Zee TV like to imply... :p*

If you don't get right back on plan very soon, I will come to your house, with a camera, gather all your family around, slap you once, and take a shot of all of their faces. Then, I will go home and edit it to resemble one of those Indian dramas you hate so much. It will look a little bit like this:

*Ali slaps Meli*
*repeat in slow motion*
*preview for next episode: Meli says 'tum me himmat kaisi hui, mujh par haath utane ke?!' after she has been checked out by a team of doctors rushing in and out of the operating theatre to treat a slap, and comes out on a stretcher bed with a white bandage around her head and a bloodstain seeping through, even though Ali certainly did not slap her across the head with enough force to get her hospitalised... but that is the way we Asians roll :cool: (or so Star Plus and Zee TV like to imply... :p*

Lol!!!!!!!!! This is just toooooooo funny :8855:.....Ps...Hi Meli, hope you get back on track soonish hun otherwise Aalia the Mighty Mancunian Mouse may come knocking on your door.... *dum DUM, dum DUM, dum DUM* Tishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :copon:

Meli - you can do it! Remember what you said to me a few weeks ago??

Your line

Now start tomorrow and diaries updated daily by popular demand!

I know its hard to get some exercise in when you are so manic, so get your Sw food under control and then bring in the exercise when you can. Dont pressure yourself by doing it all at once, and then being annoyed with yourself becuase you cant do it right now. xx

((((hugs))))

*Ali slaps Meli*
*repeat in slow motion*

Heheeee *rolls around laughing hysterically*XXXXXXXXXXXX

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your support these last few days and all your comments (10st10 really had a good laugh with yours). I have been on plan 100% Saturday and today and hope that tomorrow it won't be too bad at WI.

Will report in tomorrow.

I think that the 3 days of being 100% have really helped as my WI results are: Lost 3 lbs!!!!:):):):):):)
Still not all the 7 that I put on previously, but hopefully will get that off soon.
Think that loss tonight is exactly what I needed and really need to stay on plan now.

Again need to thank you girls as your messages really helped push me back into gear...love you all!!!

Menu from what I've had the last 3 days:

Saturday (at my 12 hour shift at work)
Breakfast: Egg with Baked Beans
Snack- 2 clementines, Shapes Yogurt
Lunch- Full large tin of Green Giant Sweetcorn with Chana Chaat
Snack- Banana, 2 Alpen Lights (HEB)
Dinner- 4 Quorn Sausages with Low Fat Noodles
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA), melon (ss)

Water: 1.5 litres

Sunday (another 12 hour shift)
Breakfast- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea
Snack- 2 clementines
Lunch- Egg with Baked Beans
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, clementines
Dinner- Quorn Sausages with 100g AH Spice Sensation Cous Cous (.5 syn) and mushrooms
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA), 2 biscuits (6 syns)?, Twister (4 syns?)

Monday-

Breakfast- Egg with Baked Beans (this is a regular thing now...too lazy to make anything else and it's filling)
Lunch- Some Balti Mix (5 syns?), 2 biscuits (3 syns), Low Fat Noodles, 2 clementines
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea
Dinner- Rice with Cumin Seeds, Quorn Sausages
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA), Melon (SS)

Water:1.0 litre

Wow that really is fantastic Meli! If I wasn't on my phone and away from home I would copy and paste a hat!! Just shows you can get back on track! It just takes a bit of doing! You're an inspiration hun and you give me hope for next week when I'll have some serious clawing back to do after this week's festivities!! Good work ! XxX

Did a bit more overtime today at work, so didn't have a good meal up to now and what turned out me wanting to have a green day has now resulted in a red day after seeing what SIL made at home (when I got back from work).

Breakfast- Banana and a clementine
Lunch- 1 portion from Mars Bar duo ( need to look up the syns for this), 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon tea, got home and saw SIL had made Chicken Thigh Curry so had one piece of that (3 syns for oil), 1 piece of chicken salami (not sure if I need to syn this)?
Snack- Clementine and Shapes yogurt
Dinner- Spicy Pangasius Fish with Ratatouille?? (made by my son at school with 1 syn for oil)
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Water- 1.0 litre
Exercise- none

Busy busy day....still on plan. Just a quick write up before going away and cooking dinner for all.

Green Day-

Breakfast- Fried Egg with Baked Beans
Lunch- Rice with Chickpeas and Peas (HEB + 3 syns for oil), banana
Snack- Shapes Yogurt and 4 Nice Biscuits (another syn lookup...have to becareful with all these syn lookups and have to try to check before I eat them)
Dinner- BNS soup, Quorn Sausages, Mushrooms and SW Chips
Snack-42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), 2 clementines

Water:1.5 litres
Exercise:0

Well done on the loss Meli, you'll have the other 4lbs off in no time at this rate :)

Hope you are enjoying the job, even if it sounds like they are working you very hard. I always think it is better to be busy than have nothing to do, at least the time goes quickly until hometime! :)

Well done on the loss Meli, you'll have the other 4lbs off in no time at this rate :)

Hope you are enjoying the job, even if it sounds like they are working you very hard. I always think it is better to be busy than have nothing to do, at least the time goes quickly until hometime! :)

You are right...time definately goes by quicker. Can't believe it's already Friday tomorrow! Looking forward to the weekend, but just got a call that we are having guests over tomorrow night. Promise to stay on plan no matter what!

Green Day today-
Breakfast- egg and baked beans, banana
Lunch- pasta, tuna (HEB), sweetcorn and extra light mayo (2 syns)
Snack- Shapes yogurt, apple, red blood orange (first time trying this type..they were okay), 2 Alpen Light (6 syns)
Dinner- Quorn Sausages (3) with a full packet of LowFat Super Noodles
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: None

PS- Took a sneak peak on the scales and looks like I've lost about 2 lbs since Monday...really hope the scales are right!!! Need a good loss on Monday.

Busy with guests and have cooked Lentils, lamb and kadu curry and Lamb rib with Rice and chicken curry and Raita...haven't stopped since I got back from work and it's been a tempting day.

Green Day-

Breakfast- Egg and baked beans, banana
Lunch- quorn sausages, 2 alpen lights (HEB) (while cooking for the guests)
Snack- Shapes yogurt, apple
Dinner- BNS soup and AH cous cous (1 syn)
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), 3 biscuits (6 syns??)

Water:1.5 litres
Exercise: None, but hopefully tomorrow if guests leave early....

Back