Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

Tell me about it...this house is always full of tempting things....every single day!!!I'm a big curry fan and that's basically what we have every day. I have yet to taste a low-fat or no-fat curry which tastes as good as the full fat one, but haven't succeeded yet in making one.

Guests left this afternoon, so no more cooking for today....rest of the family is getting rid of leftovers :)

Green Day today-

Breakfast- Egg and Baked Beans, Banana
Lunch- BNS soup, Quorn Sausages, apple, orange
Snack- Shapes yogurt, Alpen Light (3 syns), Mini Hippo (think it's 5 syns)
Dinner- Mushrooms mixed with the Low Fat SuperNoodles (but not putting the spice mix), hopefully it will just pick up the juices from the mushrooms with Grilled Panga fish (HEB)with Shaan Tikka Boti Spice mix
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)- haven't missed a poo every morning with this :)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: none :wave_cry:

Hey Meli, sorry Ive been neglecting you! I have had a week off plan- a conscious decision as it was my Birthday tues and I have had loads of planned meals out with a variety of friends and family and rather than try and be brilliant and get stressed out on each outing I decided to let rip and have what I wanted! I am well aware that I will have a hefty gain tomorrow night, but I am prepared for it and ready to take control and correct the damage! Your diary is looking good and you appear to be well in control again! Last weeks loss must have given you a real boost! Good luck for tomorrow! XxX

Hey Meli, did you weigh last night? I faced the music and the damage was a 4lb gain! Not as bad as I expected but I know the rest could show next week so I'm being as good as I possibly can this week! It's got to be 100% effort!! Day 1 is going well and I'm nicely prepared for a long day in work tomorrow too! Everything OK with you?XXX

Let us know how you've done!

xxx

Wanted to update my diary last night, but my son was doing his Religious Studies work, so thought I'd update today. WI results: the scales were swaying from 1.5 loss to 1lb loss, but I lost 1lb. Guess that is not bad considering for Mother's day I probably went way over my syns as the box of Heroes was out and couldn't resist (although the rest of food the last 2 days was on plan).
Still a loss is a loss, so am happy with that. Need to lose .5lb more to get my 4 stone sticker back, so hope to do it this week.

Green Day today:

Breakfast- 2 pears, 2 oranges
Lunch- Egg, 2 Quorn Sausages, Corn on the Cob
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea, Shapes Yogurt
Dinner- Mushrooms with Low Fat Noodles (without the spice mix)
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), Curly Wurly ( 6 syns)--going to have this just before going to bed otherwise will have more sweets!!!

For all who normally comment on my diary sorry I haven't been able to comment on your diaries, but honestly don't know where the time is going these days and have to fight for my turn on the laptop. Will be finishing my work in 2 weeks, so hopefully will be a bit more active on the diaires soon.

Hi hun, you're forgiven!! I can hardly talk, I hardly came on here for a whole week!! Well done on that 1lb off!! So close to regaining the 4 stone and then once that psychological barrier is broken you can go on to smash the 4.5!! Well done- next week I'm sure you'll get back to where you were a few weeks ago! Good work!X

well done on that 1lb loss xxx

Had a few Nice biscuits yesterday--about 6-8 of them--I did enjoy them, but I'm sure they are probably high in syns...need to look it up in the book :( The Sainsbury brand was much better than the Asda branded ones.
I have tried to limit my syns today to make up for my over indulgence yesterday.

Red day today-

Breakfast- banana (in a rush as I had a meeting with the moms at the nursery), Green Tea with Lemon at the nursery
Then off to work....was starving
Lunch (after work)- King Prawns with Black Pepper and Salt, 6 WG CrackerBread (HEB) with Spinach and Quark Spread
Snack- Shapes Yogurt and half a yellow melon!!
Dinner- 2 oranges, kids didn't finish the pita bread with the veg curry my SIL made today, so just had a little of that (not a large quantity, but still estimating about 4-5 syns just in case), Roasted Peri Peri Chicken (yummy) with Side Salad
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Exercise: Nada

PS- Lady at work who has a great complexion told me she uses the Aldi Night Cream, so she bought me some today, so will have to try it out :)

PS- Lady at work who has a great complexion told me she uses the Aldi Night Cream, so she bought me some today, so will have to try it out :)

I've used that Meli, and the day cream- they're lovely and very good value for the quality! They have won awards and everything!!X

Funcurls: Yes that is what she was telling me and she was surprised that despite all the hype that the price has still remained the same. Think I'll pop in Aldi to get the Day Cream later today and see if there are any fruit/veg deals.

Red Day today:

Breakfast- (strange I know) 6 Crabsticks, 2 oranges (6 for £1 at Asda and they are nice and sweet)
Lunch- BNS soup (made a fresh batch last night), Peri Peri Chicken
Snack- Shapes Yogurt and Melon
Dinner- King Prawns and Pasta (HEB) Salad with Lettuce, tomatoe and Mayo/Tomatoe Ketchup (3 syns)
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), 8 Mikados (4 syns- on offer at ASDA 74p) with Green Lemon Tea

Exercise: maybe gym or Wii depends on energy levels

Funcurls: Yes that is what she was telling me and she was surprised that despite all the hype that the price has still remained the same. Think I'll pop in Aldi to get the Day Cream later today and see if there are any fruit/veg deals.

Red Day today:

Breakfast- (strange I know) 6 Crabsticks, 2 oranges (6 for £1 at Asda and they are nice and sweet)
Lunch- BNS soup (made a fresh batch last night), Peri Peri Chicken
Snack- Shapes Yogurt and Melon
Dinner- King Prawns and Pasta (HEB) Salad with Lettuce, tomatoe and Mayo/Tomatoe Ketchup (3 syns)
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), 8 Mikados (4 syns- on offer at ASDA 74p) with Green Lemon Tea

Exercise: maybe gym or Wii depends on energy levels

...just don't mix them up and rub fruit all over your face and eat the face-cream..

Food looking yummy as usual! You do like your BNS soup don't you!! Mmmmm time to make a batch myself I think! I make one using BNS, sweet potato, carrot, garlic, ginger, chilli and bacon, then blended- it's AWESOME! Haven't done it for a while though...note to self...X

I make one using BNS, sweet potato, carrot, garlic, ginger, chilli and bacon, then blended- it's AWESOME! Haven't done it for a while though...note to self...X

OOh funcurls - this sounds scrummy! My BNS soup usually consists of BNS, roasted red pepper and onion, garlic, stock and cumin. But will defo be giving yours a whirl! x

Last edited:
I make one using BNS, sweet potato, carrot, garlic, ginger, chilli and bacon, then blended- it's AWESOME! Haven't done it for a while though...note to self...X

OOh funcurls - this sounds scrummy! My BNS soup usually consists of BNS, roasted red pepper and onion, stock and cumin. But will defo be giving yours a whirl! x

Thanks Natty, it's really lovely because the saltyness of the bacon and heat of the chilli balances out really nicely with the sweetness of the BNS and SP!! Yuuumm!! Yours sounds really scrumptious too though- so you roast the red peppers first then?!X

No time to go to Aldi to get the face cream. I had to make the most of the good weather and took the kids to the park after work. At least I got some exercise done with playing cricket with my kids.

Love those different BNS soup recipes...will have to give some of them a try, but try quorn bacon instead as I don't eat pork.

Red Day-

Breakfast- 2 oranges, 1 banana
Lunch- Crabsticks, BNS soup
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, Clementine
Dinner- More Crabsticks (too lazy to make anything else), Lentil curry (shouldn't have had this..probably best to have as a HEB??) with 1 Roti (5 syns)
Snack- 1 Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Lemon Tea, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Exercise at the park

No time to go to Aldi to get the face cream. I had to make the most of the good weather and took the kids to the park after work. At least I got some exercise done with playing cricket with my kids.

Love those different BNS soup recipes...will have to give some of them a try, but try quorn bacon instead as I don't eat pork.

Red Day-

Breakfast- 2 oranges, 1 banana
Lunch- Crabsticks, BNS soup
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, Clementine
Dinner- More Crabsticks (too lazy to make anything else), Lentil curry (shouldn't have had this..probably best to have as a HEB??) with 1 Roti (5 syns)
Snack- 1 Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Lemon Tea, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Exercise at the park

Whoops, didn't think about the pork thing!! Yes Quorn bacon may be great or turkey rashers perhaps!!X

Back