Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

Meli just got back from the wedding part I on early Sunday morning, part II was Sunday during the day... I guess she's in recovery mode :p

Thanks for all your msgs girls :)
Have been off plan for a few days...since Wednesday I think. Lots of food...wedding was great, but lots of late nights, curries and junk food around and couldn't resist. Yesterday (counted early this morning with OH) we had over 40 people in our house, so you can imagine how busy I've been as the 2nd part of the wedding was in Manchester and everyone arrived at my house before going to the hall.
Got back from the celebrations at around 3am and threw up last night...have had a bad stomach and not sure if it's because of all the food and my stomach not being used to all the oil, food poisoning or maybe the difference in the water in London??? Don't know but feel like crap!!!
Spoke with my C as I wasn't able to make it to WI tonight. I got on the scales at home and it was showing a 2lb gain though. Will see if I can WI somewhere else this week to keep me on track though.

Have to say that I have never received that many compliments in my life like I've received in the last 2 days...I have to admit that I was looking great and especially with my SIL doing my hair and makeup ;)

Thanks for all your msgs girls :)
Have been off plan for a few days...since Wednesday I think. Lots of food...wedding was great, but lots of late nights, curries and junk food around and couldn't resist. Yesterday (counted early this morning with OH) we had over 40 people in our house, so you can imagine how busy I've been as the 2nd part of the wedding was in Manchester and everyone arrived at my house before going to the hall.
Got back from the celebrations at around 3am and threw up last night...have had a bad stomach and not sure if it's because of all the food and my stomach not being used to all the oil, food poisoning or maybe the difference in the water in London??? Don't know but feel like crap!!!
Spoke with my C as I wasn't able to make it to WI tonight. I got on the scales at home and it was showing a 2lb gain though. Will see if I can WI somewhere else this week to keep me on track though.

Have to say that I have never received that many compliments in my life like I've received in the last 2 days...I have to admit that I was looking great and especially with my SIL doing my hair and makeup ;)

Sorry to hear you're feeling so yucky hun!! Could well be that you're just not used to all that indulgence and rich food- you're body's been weaned off it and it's a shock to the system!! I just had a Cadbury's Caramel bar and feel like barfing- too much chocolate in one go- I'd never have said that in the olden days!!!

Don't worry about a small gain RIGHT after a few days of indulgence! It's natural with all that bloat! I reckon you can still pull it back with another week under your belt! And your body will thank you for it! The main thing is that you enjoyed yourself which by all accounts you did!! And how fantastic to get all those compliments! I bet it made you feel on top of the world and so proud of how far you've come!!

Just to let you know I lost 3lb this week which got me my 4 1/2 stone sticker FINALLY!! Very long awaited and it feels good!!! X

Woohoo!!! You really deserved all those compliments too my love after all your hard work :)
40 people in your house??? You never stop, do you?! Not surprised you need a bit of recovery time now. And like funcurls says, I bet the 2lb is just a bit of post-festivity bloat and will come off in no time. The indugences may even kick start a good loss this week :)

Hey Meli - wowza, 40 people in the house! Sounds like you had a well earned few days of fun, and dont worry about being off plan. The others are right - it may kickstart a good loss this week.

Bet you were looking fab - and definately deserve the compliments hun x

Thanks girls and congrats again on your losses...you did great this week!
Yes I had 40 people in the house...madness I tell you, but it's a good thing my husband's cousin helped me in the kitchen and we just made 3 starters with tea (pakore, grilled fish, samosas).
Well a bit of a surprise this morning...woke up and got on the scales and now it says that I am 4lb less than I was last Monday, so really confused as to what is going on???? Think the next day I can make it to WI is on Thursday, but thinking whether to go or not? I'm still not fully back on plan yet and food intake is not good as I feel sick whenever I smell any food, so my diary is not very good today.

Not sure what type of day it is...

Breakfast- banana (only had this as I took some medicine, otherwise wasn't in the mood to have anything)
At the workplace had some green tea, what I shouldn't have had was the Snickers bar!!!!!! *need to look up the syns for this
Lunch- 4 clementines (not sure if this is good for a bad stomach, but was in the mood for it)
Dinner- Roasted Peri Peri Chicken (hope I'll be able to have it as the last few days any smell makes me want to throw up..don't worry I'm not expecting )
Snack- Green Lemon Tea with 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Don't think I'll feel like eating more today....hope I'm better tomorrow.

Water: 1 litre (should have more)
Exercise: None

Feeling much better today and my appetite seems to be coming back as well.

Stepped on the scales again just to see if yesterday was a blip, but it wasn't. Not going to be too happy though yet as I know that after the sickness you can pile on the pounds more quickly.

Red Day today-

Breakfast- banana, 2 clementines
2 green lemon tea at work
Lunch (after work)- Egg, 3 quorn sausages with ketchup (1 syn), 3 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (.5HEB) with 1 LC Light Triangle
Snack- Shapes Yogurt
Dinner- Peri Peri Roasted Chicken with Lettuce, tomatoes and onions and Extra Light Mayo (2 syns) with Macaroni (HEB)mixed in
Snack- 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB) with Green Lemon Tea

Water: Not doing too well with this...going to try for 1.5 litres today
Exercise: None--hopefully going to the gym tomorrow

Feeling much better today and my appetite seems to be coming back as well.

Stepped on the scales again just to see if yesterday was a blip, but it wasn't. Not going to be too happy though yet as I know that after the sickness you can pile on the pounds more quickly.

Red Day today-

Breakfast- banana, 2 clementines
2 green lemon tea at work
Lunch (after work)- Egg, 3 quorn sausages with ketchup (1 syn), 3 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (.5HEB) with 1 LC Light Triangle
Snack- Shapes Yogurt
Dinner- Peri Peri Roasted Chicken with Lettuce, tomatoes and onions and Extra Light Mayo (2 syns) with Macaroni (HEB)mixed in
Snack- 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB) with Green Lemon Tea

Water: Not doing too well with this...going to try for 1.5 litres today
Exercise: None--hopefully going to the gym tomorrow

Yayyy to feeling better!! And don't get stressed out- you can only do your best! Any gain only needs to be temporary and as long as it is dealt with (which you will do!) it will be off in no time!XXX

Think you've misread, Funcurls - she's only gone and LOST 4lb!!!
What a star :)
Hope it doesn't creep back on now you've refound your appetite Meli!

That's what I'm scared of Prawnchopsuey...today woke up and decided not to weigh myself. If I see a loss I may just go for a few temptations, so better to just be mindful of what I'm eating and make sure that my next WI will be a good one.

Definately have my appetite back today...

Red day today-

Breakfast- banana and Shapes yogurt
2 green lemon teas at work
Lunch- Crabsticks (16 of them), 6 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (HEB) with 2 LC Extra Light Cheese (HEA)
Snack- 4 clementines (addicted to these), 1 Blue Riband Chocolate (need to find the syn value---edited 5 syns...not too bad)
Dinner- Pangasius Tikka Grilled Fish with Salad
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA); mini twister (4 syns??)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: None, but going to gym tomorrow definately

Last edited:
Think you've misread, Funcurls - she's only gone and LOST 4lb!!!
What a star :)
Hope it doesn't creep back on now you've refound your appetite Meli!

Ooh yes, so I did!!!! Whoops!! Wow yes, what a star!! Well lets hope it stays off!! The main thing is that you get back to full health, but if you do lose on Monday then WEYHEYYYY!!!!XXXX

Haven't been doing too well food wise the last few days :cry::cry::cry:
Snickers, Mikados, Donuts, Choc Chip Cookies from Greggs to name a few....not a good week at all, so probably will be lucky with an STS tomorrow. Fresh start from tomorrow:break_diet:

Hope you're OK Meli hun! Don't beat yourself up in any way shape or form! Whatever the score you have the ability to keep going and get back on track! You've been doing so well you have nowt to worry about! I STS this week after what I thought was a good week, but I'm trying not to beat myself up because I know I'm still in the game and really motivated! I had apple & blackberry crumble with custard tonight after WI which was probably a grave mistake but just really felt like it! Hope you have a favourable outcome tonight! XxX

Not doing too well and the chocolate seems to be my downfall these days. Need to get rid of all of it :cry:

I start off well in the morning, but the problem is when I get back from work, so need to think of something.

Having bad cravings for sweets and biscuits these past few days. Need to get back on plan.

It didn't help that on Monday and Tuesday we had guests over so didn't make it again to WI. At the moment it doesn't seem like a big gain (maybe 3lbs since my last official WI 2 weeks ago), but I still need to get back on the wagon.

I had a motivation previously to lose weight for the wedding I went to, but need something else to keep me motivated now.

My birthday is coming up in May, so maybe I should treat myself to a new outfit and aim to fit into it by then??

Will start updating my diary from tomorrow...good and bad....

Hi chick, haven't chatted for a few days!! You know you can do it, perhaps you have just 'relaxed' a bit now the wedding is over and of course being ill never helps as our taste for the naughtier things in life tend to come back with a vengeance once we recover!! And you were so full on and going for gold prior to the wedding, it's no wonder your body is wanting a bit of a break!! That's OK, but now it's time to crack on again!! Think back to when you were at your peak of focusness (I know that's not actually a word but I quite like it!!) and try and remember the strategies that stopped you eating the sweet chocolatey things at the time!! I do recommend the Belgian choc mini-meringues from Marks & Spensives!! They are so extremely sweet that you can't have many at a time and even if you have a few they don't break the Royal Bank of Syns because you can have 2 for 1.5 syns!! Get to it young lady otherwise I won't award you your next hat!!! XXXX

Haven't updated for a few days as I've still been enjoying the scenic route, but it's time to get back on the right path.
Even my SIL mentioned it looks like you are gaining weight again....so that definately has hit a nerve.

My other visitor (SIL's husband's sister and her baby) left today (after being here for 2 weeks) and my gym schedule is starting again from next week.

Have to go to WI tomorrow although I know it won't be good news, but I know I can turn that around within 2-3 weeks.

Hope everyone's weekend has been healthier than mine;)

Haven't updated for a few days as I've still been enjoying the scenic route, but it's time to get back on the right path.
Even my SIL mentioned it looks like you are gaining weight again....so that definately has hit a nerve.

My other visitor (SIL's husband's sister and her baby) left today (after being here for 2 weeks) and my gym schedule is starting again from next week.

Have to go to WI tomorrow although I know it won't be good news, but I know I can turn that around within 2-3 weeks.

Hope everyone's weekend has been healthier than mine;)

Don't worry Meli, you're here now and wanting to nip it in the bud! That's really all that matters!! I know you're going to do this!! Last night really wasn't very healthy for me- had a Chinese with lots of family and friends and despite choosing about the healthiest thing on the menu I still managed to blow the syns by eating lots of everything else on the table!! So a bad week for me generally but I think this was because it was an unusually busy week with lots of obstacles and lots of stress!! Doesn't matter- I'm still in the game and able to be 100% between now and 26th March when I'm off to London for the day!! Hope you're OK and not stressing about it! Once you get back into the swing of it (which will only take you 1-2 days) there'll be no stopping you!! I can't believe your S-I-L said you were gaining weight...HOW RUDE after all your accomplishments!!!X

Really sad today as I didn't have good results at all at WI...guess I should have expected it. Gained 7lbs:cry::mad::cry:

Told everyone at home that I only gained 2lbs as otherwise I know I'll get a good lecture from everyone.

Definately getting back on track now. Need to prepare and just go back to basics. No more sabotaging my weight loss.

Hi Meli, look you knew it wasn't going to be a great result today! The only thing you can do is draw a BIG line under it and move on!! Sometimes we need these little disappointments to give us a big kick up the bum and shock us back into action!! It's not the first time you've been in this situation and you corrected it fantastically last time!! Don't lose heart- you'll be fine!! I had a gain too- 1.5lb on! Felt disappointed myself but we HAVE to see the bigger picture here, be proud of what we've achieved so far and keep plugging away!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Back