Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

Loads of exercise as I spent from 10am until 4pm on my feet cleaning the house all day!!! Then went off to the park to play cricket/badminton with the kids.

Stuck to plan, but had quite a few syns. Think I'll have a syn free day tomorrow just to be on the safe side (which may be a bit difficult as we are having guests over--for all of you who read my diary --it's the same friend who says she has to be lighter than me, so will be interesting).

Red day today:

Breakfast- 1 orange, egg, mushrooms and 2 quorn sausages
Lunch- Grilled Fish (2 syns for oil), Crabsticks, 2 oranges
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, 2 Alpen Lights (HEB)
Dinner- 2 small tubs of King prawns with salt and black pepper
Snack- handful of chips (syns ???from Dixy), 3-4 tablespoons of Fruit Cocktail Custard, whip cream thingy (syns?????)
42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Water: think I had at least 2 litres
Exercise: Lots of housework and sports with kids

Sunday was a totally off plan day :(

Hey Meli
Dont be down chick - off days happen. You've done so well and it sounds like oodles of body magic - so I am sure that will help to counteract any naughtiness.

Did you have a good day though?

xx

Thanks Natty, it's really lovely because the saltyness of the bacon and heat of the chilli balances out really nicely with the sweetness of the BNS and SP!! Yuuumm!! Yours sounds really scrumptious too though- so you roast the red peppers first then?!X

Hey hon

Yep, I roast the peppers, onion and garlic, then blend em up with the BNS, stock & spices. Its yum!

I have BNS on my shopping list for this week, so will be trying yours out too.

Meli - good idea about substituting bacon for quorn, i think that would work well. Let us know xx

Had a great day yesterday as we were mostly all day out in the park, but should have planned a little better as I started munching on the kebabs I made for everyone else to have along with the rolls, then OH brought some short bread cookies and the healthiest thing I had was probably the oranges. Then after that we came home and I had already cooked dinner for everyone (Chinese style pasta with chicken Thighs, Lamb curry and Rice). Probably over did it with having the pasta and then to top it off we had some jalebi.....argghhhh!!! Well it was nice and I enjoyed it. It's all gone today, so no more temptations for me.
WI results: Lucky to manage a STS today!!! Need to be really good the rest of this week (today has been a 50/50 day). Promise to be back on track manana.

Had a great day yesterday as we were mostly all day out in the park, but should have planned a little better as I started munching on the kebabs I made for everyone else to have along with the rolls, then OH brought some short bread cookies and the healthiest thing I had was probably the oranges. Then after that we came home and I had already cooked dinner for everyone (Chinese style pasta with chicken Thighs, Lamb curry and Rice). Probably over did it with having the pasta and then to top it off we had some jalebi.....argghhhh!!! Well it was nice and I enjoyed it. It's all gone today, so no more temptations for me.
WI results: Lucky to manage a STS today!!! Need to be really good the rest of this week (today has been a 50/50 day). Promise to be back on track manana.

Well done for STS hun after what looks like a couple of blips!! That seems pretty good going! You'll have a great one next week you just watch!!XXXX

Defo well done on the STS Meli! That is great and you will defo lose next week as you are getting back to it today hey! xx

Thanks girls :) Definately back on track today. Only 3 days of work left, so should start going to the gym more frequently now. Kids are off from school after tomorrow until the first week of May so really need to be disciplined as it will mean more temptations.

Red Day today-

Breakfast- half a pot of Vanilla Onken FF yogurt, 2 clementines
Lunch- 8 crabsticks, 6 WG Crackerbread (HEB) with Quark and Spinach Dip
Snack- Melon (SS)
Dinner- Grilled Pangasius Fish with Mushrooms and Fried Egg with ketchup (1 syn)
Snack- Green Lemon Tea with Alpen Light (3 syns), 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: None

Thanks girls :) Definately back on track today. Only 3 days of work left, so should start going to the gym more frequently now. Kids are off from school after tomorrow until the first week of May so really need to be disciplined as it will mean more temptations.

Well done chickadee!! Your food looks great and fantastic that you've got back on track! If anyone is capable of it, it's you!!XXXXXXXXX

Food diary looks good - Quark and spinach dip is a fab idea for topping the crackerbreads. I always use my second HexB on philidelphia and it feels like a waste when quark would be free!

We'll give those scales a talking to this week ;)

Cmon girl, get back on here! xxx

Was 2 days on plan this week...but scales are staying where they are so maybe another STS on Monday, if I can manage to stick on plan tomorrow. Need to cut up all the fruit and just try to stick to that.

Last day of work was Friday, but they asked me to come in today as well, so was really busy.

Need more good days tomorrow and Monday to guarantee an STS or maybe a .5lb loss if I'm lucky.

Hitting the gym from Monday!

No it wasn't paid overtime, but still every extra can get me a nice outfit for the summer :)

Didn't update my diary as I didn't stick to plan very well and result was actually a gain....and a big one (3lbs). * week is on it's way, so I'm sure it has something to do with this. Finding it difficult with kids around to do this, but will try...can't let my weight go up and up anymore. Even my friend noticed when she came around on Sunday and said I looked a little bigger than last time. Going to London on the 2nd bank holiday weekend so want to at least lose 3-4 lbs by then, so have to be good..no choice!

Today have had a good day so far.

Green Day-
Breakfast- Egg, Baked Beans and Mushrooms, Shapes Yogurt
Lunch- Quorn Sausages with ketchup (1 syn) and Low Fat Super Noodles
Snack- 1 orange, 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Dinner-BNS Soup, Cold WG Spaghetti with Sweetcorn and Mayo (2syns)
Snack- Melon (SS), 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA); Alpen Light (.5HEB)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: Riding the Bike in the park with the kids

Hi Meli hun, hope you're not too disheartened by the gain! It's a horrible feeling, but as you say, it sounds like it's got a lot to do with Aunt Flo (!!) so with a really good week ahead you can defo get a big loss next week, maybe more than you gained! That would be a boost for you!! Chin up and think positively and picture yourself in lovely summery clothes feeling good about yourself!!XXXXXXXXXX

Not doing too well....still off plan and we will be going out of town tomorrow all day, so another day off plan and then Wednesday until next Monday we will be out of town, so it's going to be tough.

Went to Blackpool yesterday and just saw some pics of me on Facebook and definately can notice that I've put on weight again. Not sure if I will be able to go to WI on Monday, but think I really need to try and maybe the reading on the scales will make me get back in gear.
Part of me just wants to have a break and just get back on track when the kids go back to school on May 3rd and the other half of me knows I can't afford a bigger gain....

Hope everyone has a nice Easter and good holiday and stay away from all those chocolate eggs!!!!

Back from London last night...had a great time there (visit to Safari park, lots of family visits and invites). Got a call from work to come back at least for another week, so keeping busy again with work/school/housework.

Don't have much diet food at the moment at home, so need to go shopping tonight and tomorrow back on track and a fresh start. My birthday is at the end of May and want a new size 12 outfit to wear (currently in a size 14). I will do it!

Hope everyone enjoyed the bank holiday weekends.

Good luck getting getting into a size 12 for your birthday hun. My birthday is also at the end of May so I'm planning a shopping spree then too. xx

Back