Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

Hi Meli, I've been away for a bit, naughty naughty...
Good luck for your new job - I am sure you'll be wonderful :)

Missed you!!! Sometimes a break away is what we need. Welcome back and good luck on getting back on the wagon.

Started my new job today and really happy to be back in the workplace :)

1st day of work went well...in a team with 20 people and all different nationalities, so it's going to be interesting :) The lady next to me is doing a Masters in International Relations and Human Rights, so some good discussions are yet to be had.....

Not such a good day today, but tomorrow I promise to be better...didn't do very good planning. Only good thing is that I got to the gym ;)

Breakfast- banana
Lunch- 1 slice of pizza, bagel (need for carbs- should have had the healthy ones)
Snack-slice of bday cake
Dinner- Crabsticks, Shapes yogurt
Snack- Green Lemon Tea

Crap day food wise and not on plan really.

Water: 1.5 litres this was good
Gym 1 hour

It will be a 100% day...determined to get back on plan...no more messing around.

Green Day today-

Breakfast- 2 conference pears, 42g All Bran (HEB) and skimmed milk (HEA) before going to work
Work from 10:30-2:00pm (only one small coffee/toilet break inbetween- taking a clementine)
Hoping to make it to the gym before picking up the kids, so lunch will have to wait until after 3:30pm
Lunch- BNS soup, 6 Ryvita WG Crackerbread with Chickpea dip *already made this yesterday
Snack-Shapes yogurt
Dinner- Mushroom Pasta with 3 Quorn Sausages
Snack- 1 Alpen Light *3 syns with Green Lemon Tea, Mini Milk 1.5 syns

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: 35 mins at the gym

Last edited:
Hi Meli hun, looks like I missed that fact that you were starting your new job this week!!! Sounds like you're enjoying it and the people sound diverse and interesting!! I'm sure you'll make some great friends there!! What does the work involve by the way? I'm not surprised it's been tricky to plan properly with such a big change taking place and disrupting your routine!! I'm sure you'll adapt really quickly and work out what's best to eat, where and when to eat it!! Did you manage your 100% day today? Your plan looked great!X

Hi Meli hun, looks like I missed that fact that you were starting your new job this week!!! Sounds like you're enjoying it and the people sound diverse and interesting!! I'm sure you'll make some great friends there!! What does the work involve by the way? I'm not surprised it's been tricky to plan properly with such a big change taking place and disrupting your routine!! I'm sure you'll adapt really quickly and work out what's best to eat, where and when to eat it!! Did you manage your 100% day today? Your plan looked great!X

I was told on the 1st day of training that I can't share info as to what job I am doing *security related*, but once I'm finished this project can let you know. I can understand why they want to keep it confidential with all the past Panorama and News of the World revelations on things.

Yes I managed the 100% day yesterday and actually got some time to go to the gym. Today has also been 100% so far, but wasn't able to go to the gym. If I still have energy by the time OH gets home, might try to go.

Red Day today-

Breakfast- banana and an apple
Lunch- Whole pack of Crabsticks *16 of them!!! Activia FF yogurt
Snack- Alpen Light (.5HEB)with Green Lemon Tea, MiniMilk (1.5syns)
Dinner- BNS soup, Egg, Quorn Sausages and Mushrooms, ketchup (1 syn?), 1 piece of Warburton WM Toast (.5HEB)
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (taking this at night really helps me go to the toilet in the am), pear

Water: 2.0 litres
Exercise: Maybe some gym tonight or another form of BM :) :)

Syns- saving them for the weekend...

I was told on the 1st day of training that I can't share info as to what job I am doing *security related*, but once I'm finished this project can let you know. I can understand why they want to keep it confidential with all the past Panorama and News of the World revelations on things.

Yes I managed the 100% day yesterday and actually got some time to go to the gym. Today has also been 100% so far, but wasn't able to go to the gym. If I still have energy by the time OH gets home, might try to go.

Red Day today-

Breakfast- banana and an apple
Lunch- Whole pack of Crabsticks *16 of them!!! Activia FF yogurt
Snack- Alpen Light (.5HEB)with Green Lemon Tea, MiniMilk (1.5syns)
Dinner- BNS soup, Egg, Quorn Sausages and Mushrooms, ketchup (1 syn?), 1 piece of Warburton WM Toast (.5HEB)
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (taking this at night really helps me go to the toilet in the am), pear

Water: 2.0 litres
Exercise: Maybe some gym tonight or another form of BM :) :)

Syns- saving them for the weekend...

Whoooh, sounds exciting!! Yes it's very important to be cautious because the press get hold of everything and either leaks it to the world or totally twists it!!X

Another 100% day yesterday. What did I tell you guys...a proper poo this morning...that All Bran works wonders :)

Didn't make it to the gym yesterday, but got another form of exercise in ;) That should count for something *sorry tmi

HAve a peri peri day today....

Breakfast- Apple and Pear
Snack- Shapes yogurt
Lunch- Peri Peri Chicken Breast strips with lettuce, tomatoe and mayo extra light (2-3 syns) salad
Snack- Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Lemon Tea, blueberries
Dinner- BNS Soup, Roasted Peri Peri Chicken with a Baked Potatoe
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Water:1.5 litres
Exercise: Made it to the gym 27 mins treadmill jogging, 11 mins cross trainer, 10 mins bike and weights

Last edited:
Peri peri, ooh la laa ;)

Looks like someone is in lurrrve :p

It's OH kissing up for everything... but that won't make me forget everything we spoke about at Nando's.

Anyways...today hasn't been a perfect day, so quite a few syns....Think * week is approaching soon!!!

Red Day-

Breakfast- egg, mushrooms, 1 Warburton toast (.5HEB), leftover chicken
Lunch- Leftover chicken, 2 clementines
Snack-Shapes Yogurt, 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB) with green lemon tea
Went to a lecture and they had some lovely samosas there, only had one, but not how many syns in it...it was a big keema one. Then had a handful of Sweet Thai Chilli Sensation Crisps --ooooopppsss!!!
Dinner- Grilled Tikka Seek Kebab Masala Spiced Pangasius Fish
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)
Have some family from London who just said they are in town, which means they will be sleeping here...so need to stick to green lemon tea while they are here and hope that keeps me full...

Exercise:None

It's amazing how we know our bodies....star week has arrived :cry:
No wonder was getting the munchies....
Today was not a good day food wise...biscuits, more samosas (was at a course and this is all they had, along with cakes, cupcakes and fruits) At least I resisted the cakes and cupcakes and went for fruit instead.
Not expecting much of a loss tomorrow night, but no matter what I will be back on plan tomorrow morning.

The family wedding is this weekend and we will be going towards London on Thursday night and back on Sunday (so have a challenging week ahead).

Fresh start today... and I have to confess I've stepped on the scales and somehow have managed to have a loss :eek: Who knows if my body weight fluctuates in the evening??? We'll see.

Anyways have a fresh start today...

Green Day today

Breakfast- 2 apples
Lunch- BNS soup, 6 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (HEB) with 2 LC Cheese (HEA)
Snack- Shapes Yogurt and blueberries
Dinner (after WI)- tbd
Snack- All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Exercise: None

Hey chick, I'm sure you'll have a good loss tonight!! Think of all the good days you've got in the bank! I have every confidence in you!! I've been a good girl this week, apart from a few naughties with a roast dinner yesterday in Tenby, but still WELL within syns for the week! However my monthly 'visitor' arrived yesterday and my tummy has that horrible bloated swollen feeling so this may (as it usually does) affect my loss tonight but we'll see!! Also feel bad as haven't had any encounters with 'Davina' lately!! I've been active in other ways in an 'on the go' kind of way, but feel naughty that I haven't done any proper cardiovascular, getting the heart rate soaring kind of stuff!! Good luck for tonight! XXXXXXX

Thanks Funcurls and hope you had a good WI tonight too!

WI Results: 1lb loss :D Have to say I'm happy with this as I haven't been 100% and it's * week.

Aim for this week: Going to try to be good all week until the wedding and save up my syns. Will also see if I can get to the gym at least 2 days this week. Hoping for an STS or a 1lb loss again??

Hi Meli hun, well done on another great loss!! 1lb is fab! I GAINED 1.5lb!!! Disappointed as have been totally focused and on plan, but not surprised as *week came yesterday and this nearly always affects me!! Next week I'll know if it is down to that because when this has happened in the past it's nearly always been followed by a big loss! I wonder if it will still work the same way now that I'm nearing target?! Here's to a good week ahead for both of us!X

Another great loss! You are such an inspiration, you have such a busy life with such a lot going on and yet you pull it out of the bag nearly every week. I'm not surprised funcurls had to find so many hats :)

Hi Meli hun, where are you?!?! Are you still in wedding celebration mode perhaps?!?! Are you weighing tonight? Look forward to hearing from you XXXXXXXX

Back