Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

Busy day today (had to go to the agency for a briefing about my part-time job starting next week). Really excited to get back into the workforce (even if it is temp work). Went to the gym before my meeting and did 30 mins jogging (3.4km), 10 mins cross trainer, 10 mins bike and weights.

Green Day today-
Breakfast- 2 grand conference pears, Shapes yogurt
Lunch- BNS Soup, 6 WG Crackerbread (HEB) with 2 LC triangles and pepper
Snack- Alpen Light ( 3 syns) with Green Lemon Tea
Dinner- Egg, Mushrooms, SW chips, Baked Beans
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), orange

Water: 2.0 litres
Exercise: 1 hour at the gym

Someone's really getting into this gym business! Good on ya sis! x

Great news on the job Meli. Its fab you are getting back into it. 1lb loss this week is brill too. Good going hon! x

Thanks 10st10 and Nattymo :)

Not a good night last night (had a Bounty sweet and a small Dairy Milk Nut one) ARGGHHH!!!

Decided to skip the gym today (need a little break), but will go tomorrow. Had a proper rest day today and SIL did most of the things around the house - was feeling really lazy today!
Started watching the beginning of Black Swan last night that OH dowloaded, but shut the movie off after 20 mins- really seemed boring, or maybe I was just too tired. Anyone have any suggestions for good movies????

Green Day today
Breakfast- 2 Conference Pears
Lunch- Egg, Baked Beans, Mushrooms, SW Chips
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, orange
Dinner- BNS Soup, Here is the syn problem today--made a full fat Spanish Tortilla (so had a slice of this- used a HEB for oil + 10 syns maybe???)
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea

Water: 1.0 litre
Exercise: None...Lazy today!

Thanks 10st10 and Nattymo :)

Not a good night last night (had a Bounty sweet and a small Dairy Milk Nut one) ARGGHHH!!!

Decided to skip the gym today (need a little break), but will go tomorrow. Had a proper rest day today and SIL did most of the things around the house - was feeling really lazy today!
Started watching the beginning of Black Swan last night that OH dowloaded, but shut the movie off after 20 mins- really seemed boring, or maybe I was just too tired. Anyone have any suggestions for good movies????

Green Day today
Breakfast- 2 Conference Pears
Lunch- Egg, Baked Beans, Mushrooms, SW Chips
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, orange
Dinner- BNS Soup, Here is the syn problem today--made a full fat Spanish Tortilla (so had a slice of this- used a HEB for oil + 10 syns maybe???)
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea

Water: 1.0 litre
Exercise: None...Lazy today!

I saw The Black Swan at the cinema yesterday- I loved it!! I found it mesmerizing!! But surreal and very very dark- I can see how it's not for everyone! Don't feel bad about the chocs poppet!! The 2 of them only amount to 5 syns- there's still plenty of time to reduce syns for a couple of days to very easily make it up!!XXX

I saw The Black Swan at the cinema yesterday- I loved it!! I found it mesmerizing!! But surreal and very very dark- I can see how it's not for everyone! Don't feel bad about the chocs poppet!! The 2 of them only amount to 5 syns- there's still plenty of time to reduce syns for a couple of days to very easily make it up!!XXX

I know OH was making an effort to see the film and he's not into all the ballet stuff, so maybe that's why I was put off by it as I could see him almost falling asleep. Will try to watch it on my own and see.
We watched the film Conviction yesterday and that was pretty good. Great to see the love a sister can have for her brother (and it's actually a true story).
About the chocolates...felt guilty about it and had to have a sneak peak on the scales this morning as it wasn't just the chocolates, but the spanish tortilla as well yesterday- well it is showing a 1lb loss, so maybe it's not as bad as I thought and just need to stick to plan now.
Friday's lunch with 10st10 is now postponed (edited: now going ahead :) ), so only have Saturday's birthday party (with the Costco cake to confront).

Red Day today-

Breakfast- 2 clementines, 1 grand conference pear
Lunch- BNS soup, 3 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (3 syns) with 1 LC Triangle (a bit of HEA) with Fresh Pepper, 6 Crabsticks
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, blueberries (SS)
Dinner- 2 Peri Peri Chicken Breasts with Pasta (HEB), Mayo (2 syns), tomatoes and lettuce
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), apple

Water: EDITED 2.0 litres
Exercise: Off to the gym...let's see what my energy levels are like today;)
EDITED: 40 mins jogging (the most I've ever done- 4.3km), 10 mins cross trainer, 5 mins bike and weights. Another brilliant workout today!

Last edited:
Salaams, just messaging you back on here re your text - the service is pretty fast! I am hoping to be there for 12 on the dot, in which case it really shouldn't take us too long to be seated :) Really sorry, the meeting was arranged last week and I hadn't written our meet in my diary so it slipped my mind :( But iA see you tomorrow! xxx

ooooohhh... so going after all---Hooray!!!:D:D:D:D
Txt me the details of where to go and meet you.

Yayy! I'm sure in true 'Meli on track' style you'll have another good loss on Monday as long as you reign it in reasonably well over the weekend- you can still enjoy a (small) piece of Costco cake!! Let us know how your lunch with 1010 went!X

Woke up so excited to go to lunch with 10st10 :) Had a good time with her...seems like we've known each other for ages the way we were talking to each other and come to know it I used to work with her uncle ;) It was the first time I had gone to Nando's (planned it so many times, but always something came up and had to cancel) and it was nice. Already planning on going again with 10st10 when either of us meets target (and next time will go for a bit of all sides, especially the sweet potatoe mash that sounded nice, but 10st10 warned me it was "very creamy"- thanks for keeping me on track).

Went to the gym before our meeting and mixed it up a bit today after a consultation with one of the guys at the gym. He mentioned to give my body a boost I should try to mix some of the cardio up and do weights inbetween, so my workout was 20 mins cross trainer, upper body weights, 15mins jogging, 3 mins rower, leg exercises, 10 mins bike. Felt much more difficult today.

So today was a Red Day:

Breakfast- 2 clementines, 1/2 banana on the run before gym
Lunch at Nandos- Definately helped going with someone who knew all the syn values and if I probably wouldn't have been with 10st10 would have gone for something else as well and left the skin on the chicken. 1 garlic olive (less than .5syn?), 1/4 Peri Peri chicken (without skin) with tsp of garlic and hot sauce (max 6 syns?), side salad with malt vinegar (syn free, but didn't have too much of this)

Snack- Shapes Yogurt, Mini Milk (1.5 syns), 2 marshmallows (need to calculate the syns for these, they said fat free??)

Dinner- 8 Crabsticks, 6 WG Crackerbread (HEB)with Quark and Spinach Dip

Snack- 42g All Bran(HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA), Blueberries (SS)

Water: 1.5 litres

Hey hun, glad you had a great time with 10st10!! It's so amazing meeting up with people you've become friends with on a forum- you feel like you know each other but have never met in the flesh! There is always that fear that the person will be completely different to what you expect but they're exactly what you expect! That's how it was for Ellebear and myself anyway!! It's very exciting! And of course you and I nearly met up too- it was timing that prevented that!

Well done on mixing things up at the gym! Sounds like you're well on your way to a super-toned, super-fit Meli!!

I gave in to my friend's homemade chocolate caramel shortcake on night shift last night! I was so annoyed with myself- I even took a Kelloggs Fibre Plus bar with me as my HEXb so that if my colleagues were eating junk I would be satisfied by that- and I had my lovely healthy meal to eat in my break so it was purely seduction by the white/milk choc marbled beauty of the topping and the thought of the squidgy caramel oozing between the layers that got me, and your blood sugars naturally drop at night which is the most dangerous time of all! It's like a death trap and I fell right into it!! I'm estimating about 24 syns so as it was the middle of the night I've split it between yesterday and today and with negligable other syns being consumed I'm hoping I'll get away with that! What's more I'm totally exhausted and the thought of a 5.30 get up tomorrow and a double shift is NOT inspiring me to embark on a Davina session this evening!! So there, rant over, sorry to hijack your diary!! Just feeling frustrated!!

You on the other hand are an inspiration! You put me to shame with your busy family life and still ensuring that you get to the gym and plan your meals properly!!.............You know what's coming.....
images
XXX

LOL--need to get that hat ;)

The only reason I get to the gym is I have no other life (LOL), no just kidding...obviously I only have to look after the house and make sure something is cooked for dinner, light cleanup of the house (when SIL is out working) and besides that free during the day. I'm starting a job next week (only part-time though) so I'm sure it will get harder to fit things in, but still will try my best.

We definately need a meetup, so let me know when you are up North again.

Don't worry too much about the slip up, sometimes it gets our bowels moving and if you are extra good the rest of the week, you should have it off you.

Good luck on your double shifts!

Yesterday was a write off day :cry: Had a good time though at the party and didn't get back home until after 1am.

Think I made up for it today as I had to go to hospital and the doctor said I have TMJ (problem with the ligaments getting inflammed by my jaw) so they told me to just take ibuprofen and have soft things, so today have stuck to soup and yogurts ;)

Made it to the gym today as well to try to work yesterday's bit off. Did 40 mins on the treadmill and 10 mins cross trainer and weights.

Strange day...not really green or red???

Breakfast- 2 clementines
Green Lemon Tea
Lunch- BNS soup, pineapple (shouldn't have had this as it's not really soft)
Snack- 2 shapes yogurt
Dinner- BNS soup
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), Green Lemon Tea
Shouldn't have had these snacks, but they were soft??? 3 Custard pastries, 1 piece of madeira cake

Is it asking too much to hope for a loss tomorrow???

Water: someone took or threw my water bottle, so didn't drink much today :mad:

WI results: Lost .5lb. Have to say I am happy with that because it's been a naughty end of the week and tonight is probably off plan as it's SIL birthday and won't miss the chocolate cake :)

TMJ is a bit better today.
Tomorrow is the start of work...so excited!
Went to the shops today and Asda had a huge sale! Got a few goodies for the kids and a workout suit (but that wasn't on sale).

Red Day today

Breakfast= fruit salad
Lunch- BNS soup, crabsticks
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, Alpen Light (.5HEB)
Dinner- 2 huge pieces of Pangasius Fish with Shaan Tikka Sheik Kebab mix (delicious)
Snack- Cake

Water: .5 litre??? Bought a water bottle, but had more pepsi max than water today
Exercise: none, will get some in tomorrow

Weight Loss expected for next week: 2lb
Things that may get in the way: SIL's Birthday cake today, Another party on Saturday and need to plan things well for this week so I can have lunch as soon as I get back from work.

Well done hun!! It's a loss, and as you said you were a bit dubious after some over-indulgence!! That's a result!! I lost 1.5lb so really pleased and in hindsight I think I'd been hard on myself stressing about the 2 naughty(ish) occasions I had and not focusing on all the good days! I had a Cadbury's Caramel bar on my way home yum yum!! Tomorrow is the start of a brilliant and virtuous week for both of us!!XXXX

Well done hun!! It's a loss, and as you said you were a bit dubious after some over-indulgence!! That's a result!! I lost 1.5lb so really pleased and in hindsight I think I'd been hard on myself stressing about the 2 naughty(ish) occasions I had and not focusing on all the good days! I had a Cadbury's Caramel bar on my way home yum yum!! Tomorrow is the start of a brilliant and virtuous week for both of us!!XXXX

Well done hun on your loss :) Really happy for you!

Back