Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

Well done on your delicious menu once again! Love the idea of chilli, turmeric & lemon juice on fish- bet it was tasty!!
images

I love kiwi fruits too- really into them at the moment! I'm also trying to up my superfree even more- aiming for 1/2 instead of 1/3 with some meals!
images

Thought you might like this one!!!

Get this, I went to Costa today and decided I could afford to spend some syns on a cupcake as they were fairly small and innocent looking!! Estimated about 14 syns- it was 21 or 22 syns, going by the other cupcakes listed under Costa on the website!! How awful is that?!?!! X

Gosh they've got hats for everything! Wonder if anyone ever buys them??? 1 cupcake --22 syns- this calls for some Davina time :p

SIL made pakores while we were up late last night and I resisted them. SIL's husband kept talking about my motivation (as his wife had just eaten 2 mini twisters, some chocolate cookies and now was having the pakore).

Hope I can stay good at my friends house today too! Need to keep losing as I have a wedding to attend at the end of Feb and all the family from London will be there. Last time I went to London they said it looked I had put some weight on (which I did- over a stone I put back on), so need to show a "new" me :) That's my motivation for the time being....

Off to the gym in a few mins....

Breakfast- 2 clementines, banana
Lunch- BNS soup (finishing today, so need to make a new batch), 6 WG Crackerbread (6 syns) with Chickpea spread
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, blueberries (SS)
Dinner (taking to my friends house)- Corn on the Cob, AH Cous Cous (.5syn), Piece of Fish and 1 Kebab ~(1 or 2 HEB)
Snack (still at my friends at this time)- 2 Alpen Lights (6 syns) with Green Lemon Tea, 5 wafer biscuits (syns????)
Water:1.5 litres
Exercise: 1 hour at the gym (15 mins treadmill, 25mins cross trainer, 10 mins bike and weights)

Last edited:
hmmm loving the sound of your menu's......im going to try a butternut squash soup in the next day or two!
thanks for your message hun im not too bad...plodding along,lol! still within target range and maintaining....may start up a food diary again though as i want to vary stuff more and try new stuff and also keep a proper track again so i can see whats going on rather than be maintaing the way i am which seems to be several naughty days followed by few good days.

hmmm loving the sound of your menu's......im going to try a butternut squash soup in the next day or two!
thanks for your message hun im not too bad...plodding along,lol! still within target range and maintaining....may start up a food diary again though as i want to vary stuff more and try new stuff and also keep a proper track again so i can see whats going on rather than be maintaing the way i am which seems to be several naughty days followed by few good days.

Well done on your amazing achievement!! You've done really well!!X

Well done on maintaining - whichever way you are doing it. It's good to know you can still have a few naughty days once you reach target :)

Definately try the BNS soup...I make it with 1 onion, 1 celery stick, 3 carrots, 1 veg oxo cube, a bit of powdered cinnamon (chilli powder optional...tasted better when I left it out), and a little salt. Was so nice...making a fresh batch just now to last me at least 3-4 days :)

Probably had quite a few syns yesterday as I just edited my menu yesterday with what I had. Had to change my dinner menu and couldn't resist the grilled fish and kebab and had to syn the Alpen Lights and Ryvita Crackerbread. Also the unexpected vanilla wafers - no idea how many syns in those.
Will make up for it today and have less syns
Breakfast- Apple, Shapes Yogurt
Lunch- BNS soup and 2 Warburton Bread pieces(HEB) with Omelette (mixed with onions, chilli powder) and 1 tbsp mayo (1 syn)
Snack- Blueberries, orange
Dinner- SIL's rice (maybe 6 or 7 syns for oil??)
Snack- 2 Alpen Light (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea
Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: Not sure if I can make it to the gym...

Last edited:
Well done on the gym yesterday Meli. I am sure you can make up on the extra couple of sins yest. did you have a good time?
I am a big fan of BNS soup too - will try your variation once I have had all of the speed soup I am making x

Grate a potato, squeeze out the water, add namak/mirch/masala etc, make into a big round flat thingy, and chuck into a frylighted low heated frying pan :D helps if you crack an egg into the mix aswell, or just brush over your 'pakora' before it goes into the frying pan :)

Can't get to the gym today?! Doesn't matter, run up and down the stairs five times!

Big_Grin.jpg

Well done on the gym yesterday Meli. I am sure you can make up on the extra couple of sins yest. did you have a good time?
I am a big fan of BNS soup too - will try your variation once I have had all of the speed soup I am making x

Had a great time at my friends place and going there again this weekend for a birthday party (another challenge as it is a kids party and it will just be a big fry up and pizza's and tempting Costco cake).

I can't get enough of the BNS soup...love it!

Grate a potato, squeeze out the water, add namak/mirch/masala etc, make into a big round flat thingy, and chuck into a frylighted low heated frying pan :D helps if you crack an egg into the mix aswell, or just brush over your 'pakora' before it goes into the frying pan :)

Can't get to the gym today?! Doesn't matter, run up and down the stairs five times!

Hmmmm....don't think it would taste as good as a pakore, but worth a try :)

Thanks for the stairs idea, but did another form of body magic to make up for it ;) (sorry tmi):p

Did a lot of estimating on syns this week, so not sure what to expect at WI today. Going to try to stay positive :)

Green day today-

Breakfast- grand conference pear, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)
Green Lemon Tea
Lunch- BNS Soup, omelette with onions/chilli/salt/pepper
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, blueberries (SS)
Dinner (after WI tonight)- If I can get a hold of prawns will make spaghetti, prawns (HEB), spinach, ww creme fraiche (2.5 syns), nutmeg, pepper, cheese (HEA)
Snack- Orange, 1 Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Lemon Tea

Water: 1.5 litre
Exercise: Need to look after my nephew, so not sure if I can make it to the gym EDITED: Made it to the gym (did 30 mins jogging (managed more than 3.3km today :) , 20 mins cross trainer, 5 mins bike and weights)

Last edited:
WI results: Lost 1lb. Happy with that as I wasn't sure if I had lost at all.

Edited my diary today as well as I got a chance to go to the gym and really proud of the workout I had. Felt amazing to have full energy today :)

Small prediction/ hoped for result for next week: to lose 2lbs.
Anything in the way of me getting the 2lb off: Friday- possible lunch with 10stone10?? (keep me on track sis) Saturday- birthday party :confused:

WI results: Lost 1lb. Happy with that as I wasn't sure if I had lost at all.

Edited my diary today as well as I got a chance to go to the gym and really proud of the workout I had. Felt amazing to have full energy today :)

Small prediction/ hoped for result for next week: to lose 2lbs.
Anything in the way of me getting the 2lb off: Friday- possible lunch with 10stone10?? (keep me on track sis) Saturday- birthday party :confused:

Way to go Meli!! You're really on a roll now and 1lb is a great loss in my book! You're also doing lots of exercise so building all that muscle and toning up too, less fat, more muscle taking up less space has got to be a good thing! Well done!!X OMG is 10st10 your sis?!!!X

Wow, well done on your loss hunny bet you are over the moon!

And well done on the gym workout....A good work out at the gym makes me feel SO energised!!!

If your going for lunch with 10st10lbs...why don't you find somewhere SW friendly and stay on track together ;-)

I feel like I'm out of breath, sweating like crazy, red faced, but the feeling I get right after (especially after a nice warm shower) is the best!!!

Think 10st10 knows the syn values of the place we're going, that's why I'm relying on her to help keep me on track and not choose something else that is tempting on the menu--especially from the desserts section :p

Way to go Meli!! You're really on a roll now and 1lb is a great loss in my book! You're also doing lots of exercise so building all that muscle and toning up too, less fat, more muscle taking up less space has got to be a good thing! Well done!!X OMG is 10st10 your sis?!!!X

Thanks Funcurls...already commented on your diary as well :)
No 10st10 is not my real sis, just I call her sis (more in a religious sense).

Thanks Funcurls...already commented on your diary as well :)
No 10st10 is not my real sis, just I call her sis (more in a religious sense).

Aaah I seeeee (said the blind man...to his deaf wife...who wasn't even listening....)X

Back