MhairiB's Diary

mhairib

Dear Diary,

I have been following SW since the 6th of January this year and TBH I didn't expect it to be any different to the countless other times i've joined a slimming club.(i've joined them all several times: Scottish slimmers, weightwatchers, cambridge & slimfast)

Here I am just over 10 months later roughly 4 stone lighter and I can't believe i've done it.

I joined the gym in August and get a total buzz from it. I have started this diary as I don't want to get complacent and really want to push hard and hopefully get to 5 stones off for my one year anniversary on the 5th of Jan 2010.

Food 16th November - red day

B: pkt morrisons melba toasts - 4 syns + 3 x dairylea light - 1/2 HEXA
S: choc orange hifi bar - 1 HEXB
L: homemade tomato & basil soup - free + mullerlight vanilla & choc - free
D: discovery garlic and coriander wrap - 6 syns + homemade salsa - free + homemade chicken fajhita skewer - free + 42g light cheddar cheese - HEXA

still have a hexb so will try and work that in later tonight

Exercise:

Gym at 7am this morning:
5 mins on cycle as warm up
30 mins cross-trainer
10 mins treadmill
30 mins resistance/mat work

burnes 772 cals x (according to HR monitor)

Last edited:
got weigh in tomorrow and i'm going to be really upset if i don't lose 1 1/2 to get to 4 stone, but I think i've done it :) wish me luck lol x

Food 17th November - green day

B: half box of cheesy pasta - free
S: choc orange hifi bar - 1 HEXB
L: mullerlight vanilla & choc - free + walkers cheese and onion square crisps - 5.5 syns
D: cheesy pasta bake (box of marshalls cheesy pasta made with 175ml skimmed milk 1/2HEXB + 1 slice from 400g wm loaf for breadcrumbs - 1/2 HEXB + 42g light cheddar hexA) + slimming world chips - free + 45g reduced salt ketchup - 1.5 syn
S: 3 quality street zingy ornage matchmakers - 3 syns

used all hex + 10 syns - good day

Last edited:
I lost 2.5 lbs tonight and i'm really pleased because i'm finally over the 4 stone mark, was secretly expecting more as my scales said i'd lost 4 but as we all know only official sw scales count!

Well done , a good loss this week

Food 18th November - green day

B: cheese toastie (2 slice of 400g wm loaf - HEXB + 28g cheddar HEXA)
S: sweetzone candy floss - 4 syns
L: 2 big bowls of salad - free + 1 1/2 ladels red devil sauce - 80 cals = 4 syns
simply pasta (wholemeal pasta in a tomato sauce) - Free + 2 syns in case of oil
1/2 of garlice bread - harvester site states 309 calories for both pieces so piece i had was 154 = 7 1/2 syns (was at harvesters) - half of a m&s choc orange roll - 2 syns
D: large portion sw chips + 42g light cheddar HEXA + 30G reduced sugar ketchup - 1 syn

Exercise:

Gym at 6.30am this morning:
30 mins cross-trainer
15 mins resistance/mat work

burned 485 cals :) (according to HR monitor)

Last edited:
LOL arent we all??!!

totally! i'm really focused at the mo, although i'm going to my dreaded sister in laws for the weekend who will definitely try to sabotage me but i will be prepared! :p

we've got a supplier in work at the moment who is taking us for lunch :( it's a brewers fayre though so should be able to make wise choices :)

right lunch wasn't too much of a disaster went to a harvester:

2 big bowls of salad - free + 1 1/2 ladels red devil sauce - 80 cals = 4 syns
simply pasta (whomemeal pasta in a tomato sauce) - Free + 2 syns in case of oil
1/2 of garlice bread - harvester site states 309 calories for both pieces so piece i had was 154 = 7 1/2 syns

:) will have rice for a late dinner

well done for making such wise choices.
Hope you can do the same at the weekend, i have a similar problem with my mum in law,not that she tries to sabotage me but she's such a bloomin' good cook and i cant resist!!,but like you i am fairly focused at the moment-long may it last

hi mommyb, my sister in law is a large lady and always has been several stone heavier than me at my heaviest, as i've been losing weight her resentment has been obvious on the few occasions i've seen her which isn't often as she lives in wales! thank goodness. She doesn't cook often but when she does it's with every possible type of fat added - ie a roast chicken cooked in lard!! so we're there for 3 nights 2 of which we'll prob have takeaway but i was at gym this morn, going tomorrow and as there a branch of the club down there i'll prob go saturday as well (an excuse to get out of the house lol)

you're right our target is similar, we'll need to spur each other on :)

I will be having the takeaway lol, not sure if i'll be on here lol so i'll update you on Monday :)

Food 19th November - green day

B: cheese toastie (2 slice of 400g wm loaf - HEXB + 28g cheddar HEXA)
S: sweetzone candy floss - 4 syns
L: homemade lasagne HEXA + HEXB + 1SYN
D: portion sw chips + 30G reduced sugar ketchup - 1 syn
S: Curly wurly 3.5syns + frazzles 5.5syns

Exercise:

Gym at 7am this morning:
30 mins cross-trainer
10 treadmill

burned 530 cals :) (according to HR monitor)

Last edited:
going to see new moon tonight at the cinemas so I will use up my syns then :)

wish me luck for the weekend in wales - hopefully still have a loss this week :)

Back