Mich's Diary - Getting my life back on track but still away to go - back soon!!!

Hi Mich,

we're in the same boat. What Sarah has said makes pefrect sense. I remember telling my bezzie mate that I had a food addiction and about my 14-day (sometimes 4-week) benders (as i like to call them). He didn't understand how someone could be addicted to food. I though he of all people would understand, as he's so empathetic, but he just didn't, bless him. He still doesn't. As a result this is the only place I know I can post and be totally understood when it comes to my food issues. I know I have a problem - I just don;t know how to deal with the cravings and addiction when it presents itself. As stupid as it may sound, I did consider going to an Alcoholics Anonymous group about 18 months ago. My reasoning was that I'd find empathy there and anything I encountered I could tailor to my food addiction. What put me off was that I was worried the other attendees may have thought I was taking the preverbial 'yellow snow' - especially since food addiction is seen as just gluttony - which it is not.

Anyway I'm rambling and I'm supposed to be working on my career development plan.

Just wanted to pop by and say hello. (like your new
signature btw)

Hi CC!

Have you thought about Overeaters Anonymous? There are meetings in the Birmingham area.....it is so difficult to get people to understand....unless they are in the same boat..... I've got slim friends who go 'yeah I could eat like a whole pack of biscuits'.....but they just stop and one pack...me I could eat them, plus choc, plus crisps, plus .......etc etc!!!

Glad you like the new signature....I accidently clicked on yours before and it took me to the page....so I thought I'd have a go....did try once before but I'm a real techno phobe and didn't quite manage it......must be getting cleverer...LOL.....just want a pic now... but not sure how to do that yet?????

Take care and be kind to yourself hun.....your a good person and you will get your rewards....you just have to work at them like me.....:D

Sleep well....

Lots of love

Hi guys!

Quick post as I'm upstairs 'supposedly' cleaning the bathroom whilst they are all sat round the table stuffing sausage sarnies with lovely white bread and brown sauce.....how feckin rude are they....LOL:eek: :eek: :D

Well yesterday was a good day....managed 100% and the scales say another 1lb down this morning so 4lb in 3 days is not bad going.....:D I am trying to up the water today as only managed about 3 1/2 litres yesterday.....

I have had around 2 litres already and just going to go and have my first pack....just starting to feel peckish....:D

I am not out tonight which is a plus and will just cook the family a 'normal' sunday dinner later......to be honest unless you go out I personally find NYE overrated....almost like you have to have a good time....I can do that any Friday or Saturday night.....:D :D

The kids will stay up a bit later - but not late as they are only small....my parents are popping in later with my nan after they've been for dinner at a local pub.....

My brother and his wife and girls stay in......

My sister has gone to Morecambe with some friends.......

and tomorrow is just another day.......

It's very blowy today and when I've done the bathroom I may suggest taking the kids out for an hour or two to blow the cobwebs away.....either that or snuggle down on the sofa to watch a DVD......:D

Hope everyone is having a good day......:D

I will be back later but in case some of you aren't around I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year - hope 2007 is the year when all your hopes, dreams and ambitions come true......I'm definately giving it my all in 2007 to realise all these things.....:D

Lots of love and hugs

Happy New Year to you to Mich. Hope you have a lovely evening, and enjoy a nice restful day tomorrow.

Happy New Year Mich...great to see your 4lb loss, I think its brilliant.

Cheers,

Hello my friend...

Lovely to have a good old natter with you earlier :D

I had to nip on here before heading out to tell you I'm wearing THAT top tonight!! lol

I'm having a horrid fat and ugly night.. ready to go out but SO not in the mood.. need to put on some crappy cheesy party music I think! (as I've already told Cah-Ching... lol) It might get me "in the mood" so to speak! lol

Iwon't be on again until the morning so..

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! This is absolutely positively OUR year, so I shall enjoy sharing it with you and when the time is right I'll be celebrating with you like the nutters we are :D ;)

Love ya loads matey... will bore ya to death tomorrow!! tee hee.. have cushions and litres of water at the ready! ;)

Jennie xxxx

I'm having a horrid fat and ugly night.. ready to go out but SO not in the mood.. need to put on some crappy cheesy party music I think! (as I've already told Cah-Ching... lol) It might get me "in the mood" so to speak!
Jennie, sorry to hear that you were having a moment, but hope that you enjoyed yourself in spite of it - I still go through that myself regularly (think it's my Fat Brian). Sorry to hear what you posted about your friend earlier today, hope that she is OK. xxx

Hi guys!

:D :D HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL HOPE YOU HAD A FABULOUS TIME AND THAT 2007 WILL BE YOUR YEAR:D :D

Well yesterday wasnt' too bad....although I confess I was quite 100%:eek: I did really well till around 11pm then my chatterbox got the better of me and I had some cheese and biscuits....:eek: Not half a box of biscuits and a block of cheese like I would normally have .....about 4 water biscuits some cheddar and a couple of grapes.....so not too bad really....although not on the plan....:eek:

The cheese must have had a strange effect on me though because I had the weirdest dream....:eek: I can remember it really clearly too which is ususual for me....it goes like this (perhaps someone into dreams could interpret for me....LOL!!)......

I was in a pub/restaurant with my friend Jo who I met from my LL group....we had had a meal....at the next table was my ex-LLC and her boyfriend.....she was waiting for her pudding and they came and sat with us and the waiter brought us the bill and with it was 4 huge bars of dairy milk and 4 smaller bars of 'posh dark choc' and a big tin of biscuits.....Someone (i couldn't see a face in my dream) opened the biscuits to start dividing them up but then the next thing is I'm outside the pub and we've got no chocolate and think the LLC must have it all...!! I'm then on my own in another pub - well not on my own I'm with a very tall quite handsome very young Romanian man called Martin?!!!WTF....I am chatting then suddenly say come on we have to go....I can't see you again...you know I'm married and he's like yes OK (spoke perfect English btw).....so we leave and then go and fetch my hubby from work.....as we leave I see an old 'ex' type friend and she is really really fat.....like Bubbles DeVere from Little Britain....:eek: :eek: then I wake up......WTF was all that about....the moral being don't eat cheese before bed time......!!!!!!!

Anyway, didn't go to bed till really, really late.....me and hubby sat playing games in the Minimins arcade till about 2am!!!!:eek: That is why I am now champ of the bluddy fish games...LOL:rolleyes:

Got up this morning and weighed myself.....still 4lbs down so that's OK....in the back of my mind I think I'm thinking that I don't really want to get into ketosis before the weekend when I will definately be drinking and eating because I've heard of some horrors about drinking and ketosis.....whilst this week I am SSing and trying my best if I do have something I shouldn't I'm not stressing too much ....to be honest just cutting down the volume of food I've been eating would make me loose weight.....after the weekend though it will definately be 100% SSing - PROPERLY!!!!

Have been out and finally got the boys new trainers - went the other day and got some and the were too small so got them changed....quite a good sale in JJB - got them both LeCoqSportif trainers Charlies were £9 and Harry's were £17 - only cos he's in an adult size 7!!! - He's only just 11 - I only take a 7 and his dad an 8 - dread to think what size he'll end up - our nephew on hubbys side takes a size 12 and he's not overly tall!!!

Also bought a super duper steam iron half price in Sainsburys - should have been £80 was £40 - hope it helps me cut down on the elbow work....!! Got a curtain pole and tie backs for Harrys bedroom - just decorated the playroom and he's going in their so needs new bits and pieces.....went to TK Maxx to get a rug I saw the other day....wanted to check with OH he liked it but it had gone:( oh well saved me £45!!!

Just got back and jumped on here to see what's happening...so sorry to hear about Jennies friend - she is the same age as me....kinda puts life into perspective.....to enjoy what you have and live life to the full.....loosing weight will definately help prolong my life so loosing weight is what I'm gonna do.....

I must get hubby to do my 'before' photos.... I've taken my measurements - too ashamed to post them at the mo....maybe when Ive lost a bit...:eek:

Anyway, the arcade is a beckoning....:eek:

Love and hugs, laters hunnies:D

Tired just reading that!!! :eek: My hubby took my photos today so yep. it's time babes! :D

DQ - I thought you of all people might have been able to help me out on the dream front.....;) Hubby wants to know when I manage to conduct the affair with the Romanian....LOL!!!

I must get the photos done - not looking for feeling the best but I guess that way things can only improve.....LOL!!!

Read your thread - your doing great hun.....your hubby is not only gorgeous he's generous too....;)

This will be your year DQ - I know it......:D

Love

ROFL... oh Mich.. love it! I will do a full (very tongue in cheek) dream analysis for ya!! ;) Think the key might be to not have any more cheese before bed though hon! ;)

I'm going to get Sarah to take my pic in a mo so I have one for Jan 1st 2007... that way.. wherever I am at the end of the year I can look back and say... that was me at the beginning of the year! :D

Thanks for the lovely words about my mate.. I've updated on my diary. It had the same impact on me though.. get things into perspective.. focus on what's important and those you love.. grab all life has to offer and go for it!

Don't worry about the measurements.. no-one need know those ever if you don't want 'em to!! (no-one knows mine 'cept me and Ailsa .. lol) oh,, except me original Jordans size of course.

Saw you are the fishy champeen! I had a bash at the Dolphin thing.. very therapeutic.. so am currently in second place! :D xxx

I am absolutely fecking, fecking gutted........:mad: :mad:

I have just played Air Typer and got way over the highest score - 75,000 and it didn't fecking fecking save it......:mad: :mad:

Stupid fecking thing....... what with that and just fecking up the chocolate for the kids to have choclate fountain I'm not happy.....:mad: :mad: :mad:

Look forward to my dream analysis Jennie;)

Love

OMG, thats my fav game at the moment, how in gods name did you manage to get the score so high is there a secret that i don't know about, i must have played it 20 times last nite, and i kept averaging at around 42,000 and I finished all 10 levels with all my lives left, are there secret sections????or do you type like a bullet, I thought my typing was quite speedy???????

share de secret, or i'll get you locked on friday nite and tease it out of you thru the medium of loose tongue under de influence of an irish nut bar.....

LOL - just text you my number Caz!!!

The secret is not to type too fast cos if you get 100% accurate you get 7000 points.... also the zapper at the bottom when it says 'ready' you press spacebar and it can delete words..... now I've told you I'll either have to kill you or you will have to buy me a large vodka and coke on friday.....LMAO;) ;)

Thanks for text - see you Friday....

Love

thanks for the tip and the texts, you'd think I'd know that Mich was short for Michelle, like Caz is short for Caroline, jeez the ol brain cells ain't what they used to be.

I'm not sure about buying you the large ones, but I know i'll be on de large ones, those english measures are too small for what i'm used to HA HA...must remember to pack my solphadeine...you just never know. Although since starting CD i've not gotten my usual killer hangovers, must be the extra proteins and nutrients i'm getting from the shakes and bars LOL..see another benefit from SS'ing.

thanks for the tip and the texts, you'd think I'd know that Mich was short for Michelle, like Caz is short for Caroline, jeez the ol brain cells ain't what they used to be.

I'm not sure about buying you the large ones, but I know i'll be on de large ones, those english measures are too small for what i'm used to HA HA...must remember to pack my solphadeine...you just never know. Although since starting CD i've not gotten my usual killer hangovers, must be the extra proteins and nutrients i'm getting from the shakes and bars LOL..see another benefit from SS'ing.

I'll have my solphedines too.....although the last 3 times out of the vodka I've not had a headache....:D Me and my sis only ever drink doubles - but I do know from my girls night away in Bath we went to an Irish Bar and they served 'Irish' doubles....bluddy hell they were strong......LOL:D

I confess I can fair handle a fair few vodkas - and my sister is worse.....:eek: :eek:

Right signining off now hubby got work in the morning so he's starting to moan:rolleyes: btw he's the champ of all the games apart from the air typer one - that's all my handiwork.....!!!

Love

Back