Milton's Food Diary

So the day started off really well but went downhill at the end!

Had a glass of mulled wine after the Advent service (it was lovely - the service and the mulled wine!) and then ended up having another bowl of oatbran & cinnamon porridge for a very late dinner.

Oh well - I will have to work it off in the next couple of days.

The two drinks in the last two days have caught up with me! 0.8lb on this morning! Serves me right! Also don't think I had enough plain water or protein yesterday so today's going to be a very good PV day.

Plan so far:
B: oatbran porridge & cinnamon
L: sardines
S: (off-plan) half a small slice of banana loaf
D: chicken, broccoli, cauliflour & mustard sauce followed by a small bowl of ff nat yog & sf jelly crystals.

Last edited:
Hi milton, your doing briliant, could you tell me what you use to make your mini tuna quiches they sound lovely x

Hi Maddy1,
For my tuna quiches I use 1 tub of quark (250g I think); 4 eggs; 1 tin of drained tuna; plus seasonings ie. black pepper, herbs & red chilli.
Mix everything up together until it goes smooth. Put into a 12-hole bun tin and bake for about 18-20 mins at 180-200C (depends what else I've got in the oven at the same time).
You can add veg too such as broccoli or diced peppers if it's a PV day.

1lb off this morning - yippee!

Food today - PV:

B/L: 3 harboiled eggs with curried 'mayonnaise' (ff nat yog!)
D: turkey mince bolognese with tomatoes, onion & mushrooms
S: oatbran with ff at yog & sf jelly crystals

Last edited:
I'm back after a very busy weekend! Can't remember where I'd posted up to but weekly weigh-in this morning gave a weekly loss of 1.6lbs. I really wanted to hit the 1 1/2 stone mark but will settle for that as I've just noticed on my stats that I now need to lose slightly less than half my total...I'm just over half way! Now for the journey to the winning line!

Stayed the same this morning - but that was after eating half a roasted butternut squash with my chicken...and it was quite a late dinner too, so I think I escaped quite lightly!

PP day today:

B/L: tuna quiche
S: oatbran porridge & cinnamon
D: meatloaf & BBQ sauce

Last edited:
0.8lb off this morning.
Today's plan:
B/L: ff nat yog, oatbran & ginger - yummy!
D: meatloaf & mustard sauce
S: ff nat yog & sf jelly crystals...not so keen on the lemon & lime flavour!!

Last edited:
0.2lb off today - every little helps.......

Today's PV plan:
B/L: sardines
S: banana loaf - naughty milton!
D: broccoli soup followed by spicy mince & cabbage & leeks
S: ff nat yog, oatbran & sf jelly crystals

Last edited:
I'll ignore that banana loaf ;) but like you I'm not keen on the lemon and lime flavours of jelly - they remind me of lemsip!

Keep your protein levels high if you're finding temptations tough to resist at the moment - plenty of chicken etc.

Hi Maintainer,
Lemsip - that's it......I knew it tasted of something and couldn't think what it was!
You're right about upping my protein levels. I haven't eaten enough protein over the last few days (I'm ignoring the banana loaf too!). Will address that at the weekend.
Thanks for your comments, have a great weekend.

Today's weigh-in gave me a 1lb gain - hardly surprising what with the banana loaf, loads of veg & not enough protein!

So - I'm being a better Dukaner this weekend. More protein, NO cake and better planning.

Today's another PV day as it fits better with my schedule.

B: oatbran porridge & cinnamon
L: forgot to eat lunch!!
D: more spicy mince & veg - yummy!

Last edited:
Back