Mini_mog's sw weight loss diary

2lb off this week. That's 11.5lb to go till target and a total of 4.5 st gone since last jan. Also I've been nominated for woman of the year at group, I'm up against one other girl & voting is on weds. I have to do a little speech apparantly! Should be ok, I'm petrified of public speaking at work and I was at uni, but this I'm ok with. I guess I know I won't be asked any tricky microbiology based questions at sw!

Off to a wedding tomorrow, had minx put on my toes (silver leopard print), had dress taken in, got outfit sorted, new bra and tit tape on hand!

Planned a pitta bread pizza, syn free risotto and salad for lunch as the food won't be out at the wedding till 7. I shall be flexi synning cake, but I'll also try and make good choices, hope they have nice healthy stuff there and not just beige things.

In other news, one of my cats (the one in my profile pic) has developed a corneal ulcer, she's in pain and cries when she tries to wash her eye with her paw. Tried a collar from the vets and she won't keep it on, got to give her antibiotic drops and an anti inflammatory painkiller. The painkiller is easy, I just mix it into some tuna and she gobbles it up. The eyedrops are a different story.... We have been advised to wrap her in a towel. First dose given by us in the morning. I'm dreading it. I don't want to distress her and also I dont want to be clawed!! It's vital she gets these drops so we will get them in. Poor thing. I just want her better.

Bed time now, I don't want to look tired tomorrow!

well, where do i start with this week?!!

• 1.5lb off
  • BMI under 25- im officially a healthy weight
  • 10lb till target
  • annnnnd Woman of the year 2011 at group!!
I got a lovely bunch of flowers, a sash and a certificate which is now in pride of place on the front of my fridge.

3lb till my next award, doubt ill lose that this week but im hoping that ill have that shiny on my book and a new certificate for the fridge 2 weeks today.

woohoo!!!!:party0023:

Emmaline said:
Well done you!!
Woman of the year!?! That's fantastic... what an achievement.... :worthy:

That is very inspirational...any pics? will have a look see...:D

Thank you:) I'm really proud. My profile pic is me now but I think I'll do a photo inspiration thread too:) x

Amazing!!!! Well done bet you must be so proud of yourself! Such an inspiration

Amazing!!!! Well done bet you must be so proud of yourself! Such an inspiration

thank you:)

im on a bit of a mission this week. got 3lb to lose to get my next award and im going for it!!

ive stayed well within my syns this week, a lot of salad and superfree has been consumed and my main meals have on the whole been free.

tonight i had a cornetto enigma which is 9 syns for a chocolate one. i was sat eating it and thinking how awesome it is that on sw you eat all this lovely free food and then can have a treat like that too and still be on plan. love it!

went to a bbq on sunday, stuck to plan apart from a burger i didnt plan on eating, but still well within syns and had a big portion of salad with it.

my friend (next door) said she'd like to start sw again. :) so ill have a class buddy to go with soon as well as the friends ive made there.

so we shall see, im cautiously optimistic about getting this 3.5 award on weds:gimi:

2.5lb off this week:happy036: really happy with it, will do my very best to get that 1/2lb off for next week to get my next award.

within the 10 st bracket now! not seen the number 10 for about 5 years so delighted with that!

tomorrow im off for a pub meal with my parents so im going to have an evening off and just have what i fancy. might have a dessert, might not:giggle:i will definately enjoy though!!

annnnd 7.5lb till target!

really enjoyed my meal out on thursday evening. I had lasagne and chips. i wish id taken a photo of the lasagne because i have never seen such an enormous single portion of anything! the dish it was in was huge and at first glance it was big enough to feed a family of four! it was actually a very generous square in the middle of the dish and the rest was just sauce that had come out of the lasagne during baking. i didnt even attept to eat it all! for dessert i had chocolate orange fudge cake which was lovely and served with ice cream.

today is the last day of my sort of week off as im working saturday morning (ugh! hate weekend working, like the money!). so we are just chilling out at home.

i only went off plan for that one meal, back on straight away! today is green, which feels odd as ive been extra easy for about a month, but it fits in. not eating 1/3 superfree feels plain wrong, but i never did when i lost a lot of sw the first time round.

made 2 scan bran cakes today (1 white, 1 choc) and husband and i are sharing them, so 1 for a heb. might use the other heb for some meat in my tea as i cant face anything like a hifi plus the cake!

been thinking about target as its fast approaching now. im tempted to go for another half stone but ill decide when i get to it. i may rest at target for a few months and see how i feel. im going to miss my new shinies!

well ive had the easiest sat morning ever at work today. had all my work done by 9.30 and did other bits till 12 which made for a lovely chilled out shift.

back on my 3rd plate salad thing today and glad of it. it felt wrong yesterday not having all the superfree. i felt heavy as well, psycological maybe? who knows. anyway, its oriental salmon, new pots and salad for tea and a cornetto enigma for supper. mmmmmm

1lb on this week, knew it was going to happen, my weigh in pattern fits in with it. Doesn't stop me being a bit peeved as ive stuck to plan 100% but I guess that's the trade off with flexi-synning even if it's only 1 meal! So now I'm 8.5lb away from target and 1.5lb from next stone award.

I'm proud of myself though because:
opreviously I would have used a gain like this as an excuse to binge. I was tempted, but I didn't! I decided I could have the full 15 syns (usually have 10) and had a cornetto.

osat down last night with new magazine and previous ones and made a meal planner & shopping list to keep me on plan all week.

Fingers crossed next week for that 3.5 award!!!

I am a happy mog today! 1 inch of waist, 1 inch off hips and into my size 12 straight leg jeans! Really didn't think they'd fit when I started putting them on but to my delight they went on, did up and fit!!

Size 12 jeans is a big deal to me as they were my goal clothing size. So at target they should be loose!!

Had mum & dad over yesterday, cooked sw lasagne for them and they loved it, as does husband who has asked if I'll make it weekly!

Tonight we are having ocean pie from the new mag. For lunch I had the left overs of the turkey, bacon & thyme hotpot from Friday and a nectarine. I can't get enough of nectarines at the moment. So nice!

Well, what a weekend! On Friday I noticed a black splodge shaped floater in my right eye. So off I trotted to the opticians on sat thinking not much of it. She had a look in my eye, dilated the pupil with drops, shined the worlds brightest light in it, then did a test to check my peripheral vision- which I failed. Thought it was because of the drops, went home, didn't really worry. Sat evening the floater started flashing! So I went back on Monday for the repeat test this morning, told her about the flashing. She called the on call opthamologist and asked me to meet him at a&e immediately!!

Was absolutely terrified. He did some more tests on my eyes involving dilating both pupils, local anaesthetic, very thorough investigation of my eyes.

My optic disc is swollen & I've to go back for the peripheral vision test again & he mentioned a scan on weds morning. He said he had not seen anything that gave him immediate concern. I'm still petrified, if I cover my left eye the vision in my right eye isn't quite right, but my left eye compensates for it when it's open.

Its all very scary and I've cried a bit today, my parents are concerned and my dad is coming with me on weds.

Plan hasn't gone fabulously today, had breakfast, a banana this afternoon & then tea. Meals have been on plan but I've skipped one so we'll see.

On a happy note I'm in size 12 jeans & I have lost an inch of hips and off waist.

well, ill change the 'what a weekend' from las post to 'what a week!!'. my blind spot seemed bigger still on tuesday, so i popped back to a&e. saw another doctor who wanted me to have an MRI scan asap. so i was admitted as id get to go on the priority list and get the scan faster than as an outpatient. i was sat in the a&e suture room, with cannula waiting for the a bed!

long story cut short, MRI was clear, retinal scan was clear, optic nerve still swollen, no one knows why, or when/whether it will get better. i am allowed to drive, thankfully, but its just a waiting game now. so i missed weigh in this week as i was inside the MRI scanner at the time!

back on plan now, and will see on weds how well ive done. on weds i caved and had a hot chocolate and chocolate fudge cake from the cafe but i think im allowed;)

in other news im through to the district finals of woman of the year, but i can only go to that if i manage to return to work at the end of the week. so im planning to go, but im oficially signed off for 2 weeks but i already feel i want to go back but im holding off till probably friday. i want to see how my visual problems affect my work as my eyes are pretty vital for my job!

so thats this week's news!!

onwards and downwards, target is tantalisingly close!!

decided to also make this my food diary, helps me keep track and you never know, someone might want a nosey! so heres todays extra easy:

breakfast- nectarine and clementine (got up at 11!)

lunch- baked potato, beans, salad.

snack- fibre plus (heb), nectarine, clementine

dinner- griddled steak, baked potato, salad & syn free diane sauce (with mushrooms, onions and garlic). yum yum!!

supper- cornetto enigma (9 syns), white choc options (2 syns) and a clementine.

hea was milk in tea and my options.

total- 11 syns

tomorrow will probably be green. and its weigh in! think ive gained, feel bloated and tummy looking a bit on the round side!

1.5lb off this week, getting me my 3.5 st award and i am now 7lbs off target!! eek!!! so thats my last .5st award!

going to the district finals for woman of the year on saturday. i will be making a board to take with me with pictures and little snippets of text. I will try to remember to take a pic of it and upload it onto here. trying to decide what to wear- must be light in case ill be weighed!

food diary today- green, 10.5 syns.

breakfast- banana (another lie in:rolleyes:)

lunch- pizza style cheese on toast- 2 x wholemeal from 400g loaf (heb), 42g reduced fat cheddar (hea), 1 tbs ketchup (1 syn), italian seasoning & smoked paprika. 2 clementines.

snack- lemon hifi (heb)

dinner- leek & pea pasta from the july magazine. incl 71g philly (hea). ww chocolate sponge pudding (9.5 syns).

my eye is still much the same, still got a very enlarged blind spot, optic nerve clearly still swollen.

todays food diary- extra easy- 11 syns
breakfast- porridge made with 28g oats (heb) and sk milk (hea)
nectarine & clementine

lunch- pasta n sauce leek, cheese & ham- 1 syn
mixed fruit salad (nectarine, clementine, strawberries)

dinner- 1/3 plate salad (mixed leaves, red pepper, chives, red onion)
sw cajun chips
birds eye bake to perfection cod -4 syns

supper- caramac ice cream-6 syns.

so here is my board for woman of the year district final:
52597-albums3482-picture20292.jpg

today's friday food diary- green, 13.5 syns

breakfast- porridge (28g oats-heb) & sk milk. clementine, nectarine.

lunch- baked potato, half pack asda smart price cheese & broccoli pasta & sauce- 1.5 syns, banana

dinner- sw lasagne with 85g xl mince (heb), 20g philly (i think 1.5??), 42g reduced fat cheddar (hea), sw chips with piri piri seasoning, salad
dessert- ww lemon cheesecake- 10.5 syns.

13.5 syns, a bit more than i wanted, but had a lovely dinner! sw lasagne is my favourite, yum yum, and i adore those cheesecakes, they are sooooo worth the syns:eating:

tomorrow is the district final for woman of the year, think ive decided what to wear but will probably change my mind 1000 times. board is ready, taking my jeans that used to fit me before i started losing the poundage. got to talk for 5 mins and they are looking for someone inspirational. so im going to sit with a pen and make some outline notes to keep me on track.

i shall report back tomorrow!! wish me luck!!

ok, here goes, loooonnng post!

District final was amazing! A lovely morning and I've come away feeling more motivated than ever and I heard some amazing, emotional & inspiring stories.

First we were measured (height & weighed), then we went into another room & saw footage of woty final. Wow! It's a proper awards ceremony with celebrities, ball gowns, the lot!!

We were split into two groups and everyone got 5 mins to tell their personal stories and 3 judges asked a question each after. I felt really comfortable doing the speaking bit, which surprised me as at work I avoid public speaking like the plague! A lot of people found this part emotional- take tissues!

The other ladies in my group all inspired me so much with their journeys and how much their lives have changed.

After this we all went away for coffee and they chose 4 finalists. Each of the 4 finalists told their stories again and their display boards were shown round.

5 mins break again and the runner up was announced and the winner of the district final. The lady I wanted to win did! I was delighted for her.

I didn't get past the first bit, and I was the smallest loser by a good stone! I think the winner had lost an amazing 8.5 st! It isn't just weight loss, they are looking for someone who is inspirational which she was.

also, a surpise for me- im an inch and a half taller than i thought i was! im 5"7.5in but minimins wont let me have the half, so im 5"8 on here!

todays food diary- green 12.5 syns

breakfast- porridge (28g oats, milk, hea &b), banana

lunch- i was rubbish today- nothing:rolleyes:

snack- ff yogurt mixed with 11g white choc options (2 syns) and a nectarine.

dinner- sw lasagne (hea cheese and 1.5 syns of philly, 85g mince-heb), sw chips and peas. omg, it was amazing. mmmmmmmmmm. it still amazes me that meals like this are good for me!!

sat night treat- cornetto engima-9 syns.

Back