MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Morning All,

Evening, Mel.

Like the sound of the size 11 boots. ;)

They were really fab. They were black leather with a high spiked heel and had this zipper effect thing going (sideways, etc). When I saw the size I thought, "These would be so perfect for a cross dresser!"

They are the size that CFF wears (she is 5'11"), but with the three inch heel, I thought this is just too much. Not that she wouldn't wear them. lol

Although I am an English size 8 which should be an American 9.5, I find a need a 10 at least when I am buying in the States. And a size 11 in trainers. :confused:

You are so tall, that if you had smaller feet you would be unbalanced.

I find it interesting that you wear a larger size in flat shoes -- I am the opposite. I can wear a U.S. 7.5 in sandals (if they are medium width or wider), but the higher the heel the larger the shoe. I have some U.S. size 9s in high heels.

It is amazing how children are "your" children when anything needs doing. At least M was able to say that as he did not adopt the children. ;)

That is true -- these are no doubt his. DH's family refers to DD, as little D in drag! Although, I see some of my mum in her. She definately has DH's father's deep blue eyes. DS looks more like me.

Is DD cross with you because you dont have the tree up?

She is so desperate that she has now volunteered to "help" me clean the livingroom and get the tree and decorations out of the garage.

Still have not got ours down but I suppose I should for Mums sake.

If you do not, you might feel guilty later. Better get on it. I am.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Can't see below! ;)

Pam xxx

happy sunday......

Thanks!

i've no hangover this time :)

Yay! I am surprised as it sounds as if you did not have much in the way of food in you.

mind wasn't impressed with my main (looked like sick on a plate and tasted awful too).

What was it supposed to be?

hubby kept topping my wine up so i couldn't say for sure how many glasses i had but i would say about 3!

That's not too bad for Christmas party.

My plans for today involve getting DH and DD out from underfoot. DS will probalby stay in his room or the small tv room upstairs. It is so difficult to get him out of the house.

I bought a Davina foldable exercise bike from Ebay yesterday. It is located in Northampton (a hour away). I had hoped to pick it up on my way back from The Merry Hill Centre tomorrow, but the seller won't be home on Monday.

So, I think DH will take DD to go and get it (as it is mommy's gift) and then do something with her. (I am going to websearch where he can take her for a day out.)

Whilst they are gone, I'll clean up the livingroom, get out the tree, put it up and have it all sorted -- so DD can decorate it tonight. I can then place all the wrapped gifts under the tree and then move on to cleaning and sorting other areas of the house.

Of course, I need to go to laundry mat. I will try to do that this evening. I miss my washer, RIP.

sounds like a good plan. i've got the kids underfoot all week.

sounds like a good plan. i've got the kids underfoot all week.

Literally... mine are both taller than I am now. So, not "underfoot" more like in the way and d^mn annoying! ;)

p.s..... i like york minster. my mum and i go to york every xmas. we have a little look round and have lunch in betty's.... probably told you that before.

Hey mel sry ive been AWOL a few days, been a bit off and a bit busy with some things.. Idk whats gotten into me lately... Hope you were able to get some stuff done today :)

Hey mel sry ive been AWOL a few days, been a bit off and a bit busy with some things.. Idk whats gotten into me lately... Hope you were able to get some stuff done today :)

We can restart the Beck after Christmas, if you like -- I still have not added in fitness and really should not have moved on.

Hope to see you later today.

Mel

They were really fab. They were black leather with a high spiked heel and had this zipper effect thing going (sideways, etc). When I saw the size I thought, "These would be so perfect for a cross dresser!"

They are the size that CFF wears (she is 5'11"), but with the three inch heel, I thought this is just too much. Not that she wouldn't wear them. lol

Lol, with the 3" heels I would look like a cross dresser trying to walk in those boots.;) Although I am 5' 10" I used to wear high heels all the time which made me well over 6'. Back in the 80s I worked for a firm of accountants in the City. One of my clients was the Shipping company of New Zealand and their accountant was a very nice Chinese gentleman. As you know most Chinese men tend to be short and this one definitely was. He took me out to lunch and being the gentleman he was insisted on walking on the outside of the pavement. This resulted in him having to walk in the gutter quite a bit as the pavements tend to be narrow there. So there was me striding along in heels and he was walking in the gutter beside me with his head about level with my waist. It must have looked so funny.

I really must go upstairs and find the tree and decorations now.

Have a good day.

Pam xxx

Morning!!!

come to my zumba and i'd exercise you :)

Hummm, I think I'd need to get fit to fo your "get fit" classes. Maybe I could handle a ZumbaGold with you.

Lol, with the 3" heels I would look like a cross dresser trying to walk in those boots.;) Although I am 5' 10" I used to wear high heels all the time which made me well over 6'. Back in the 80s I worked for a firm of accountants in the City. One of my clients was the Shipping company of New Zealand and their accountant was a very nice Chinese gentleman. As you know most Chinese men tend to be short and this one definitely was. He took me out to lunch and being the gentleman he was insisted on walking on the outside of the pavement. This resulted in him having to walk in the gutter quite a bit as the pavements tend to be narrow there. So there was me striding along in heels and he was walking in the gutter beside me with his head about level with my waist. It must have looked so funny.

I'll bet you felt like Dorothy did in the Land of Munchkins! lol

I really must go upstairs and find the tree and decorations now.

Tree is up and pretty much finished. Most of the presents are wrapped and already under the tree (DD likes them out). Stockings are hung by the chimney with small hooks, not care (lol) -- and DD is wrapping her little dog's stocking stuffers.

I am trying to make myself do some cleaning, decorating, baking, sorting... and I MUST do laundry, grocery shopping, and some errands (plus get a Christmas thing or two picked up).

Have a good day.

Thanks. You, too.

Pam xxx

DH has a "family day" today at his place of business. I do not think I have ever been in where he works (secured area). But, it is not a good day for me -- DD just got up after two late nights in a row -- and I have so much to do and really do not feel driving 20 miles both ways on the A14 to go stand around in the limited area with lots of people to see what? Plus, he is always so busy that he gets annoyed if he has to take time away from his job to do something "social" -- although, I think today might've been the one exception (because the big gathering is right outside his office and he probably won't able to get done what he wants to get done).

Time to check some diaries and get busy, very busy...

have you gone then?

Nope.... still in my PJs. DD did not get up until after 10 and the "thing" started at 11. But, I am going to change into some "clothes" now (before DH gets home and is annoyed). lol

you didn't do 'tescos' in your pjs did you? :D

i got up later than normal. kids are getting up later these days. was 7.15 twice in a row. went to see my mum then popped to the gym. no leaving it now. hubby said what a nice place it was when i had emily's party and that he'd forgotten how much so. said that i didn't have to leave. so retracted cancellation thing today. :) happy.com

ran 3 miles today.
10 mins on bike
5 mins power plate (tricep dips and squats)
20 mins of weights.

you didn't do 'tescos' in your pjs did you? :D

i got up later than normal. kids are getting up later these days. was 7.15 twice in a row. went to see my mum then popped to the gym. no leaving it now. hubby said what a nice place it was when i had emily's party and that he'd forgotten how much so. said that i didn't have to leave. so retracted cancellation thing today. :) happy.com

ran 3 miles today.
10 mins on bike
5 mins power plate (tricep dips and squats)
20 mins of weights.

Nice Hubby! I am glad you get to keep your membership -- you are one of the few people I know who actually get their money's worth.

I have not left the house -- but I am showered and ready to go to the laundry mat. I am waiting for a bit later when I am likely to be there on my own.

Nice Hubby! I am glad you get to keep your membership -- you are one of the few people I know who actually get their money's worth.

I have not left the house -- but I am showered and ready to go to the laundry mat. I am waiting for a bit later when I am likely to be there on my own.

personally i try not to leave the house.... it's just too cold! we've been putting on our fire cause it's been so cold.

got my planning to do tomorrow pm. might pop to the gym for an hour though. could do planning at gym afterwards whilst drinking coffee. :) i do tend to get good value for me. i would live there if :-

a) i had no kids and
b) i had no job to do and
c) no hubby to look after.

It's really getting busy in the shops now. You just need to go early and do it!

JUst been round morrisons and it was not to bad. Better to go in the day rather than after work ends though. I am so glad my mum has to do all the shopping this year, and I can relax though.

Hi Ladies,

DH took yesterday off and we got new sim only contracts with 3 (although for a couple of pounds more we could have gotten phones -- I may change mine to get the phone and give it to DD for her birthday in February).

So, I have the iphone I bought working and played with it a bit. I'll need to get it set up with his itunes and load some music and apps on it, etc. We bought a "For Dummies" guide, so I hope that over the holidays he'll figure out how to use it. I bought it for myself, but he thinks he might like an iphone and, as he has never had a mobile, I let him have this one and am trying to get it all tweaked to suit his needs. So, now I'll wait and see how it goes with him -- if it ends up he does not like it, then I'll have it. And, if he does I'll get one myself, as well.

We also met up with my friend, C, and had a coffee. I gave her the gift I ordered for her -- and hope that she has not guessed what it is. I know she'll love it.

We bought some food (purple and green sprouts) at Waitrose, and other bits for Christmas dinner. I am going to try and send DH over to the big base tonight to pick up the meat I ordered for Christmas dinner. I know he won't want to do it -- but I have done everything for Christmas and need to be here cleaning, etc.

I'll remind him of how I sent him to the shop on base at the last minute one Christmas eve about 9 or 10 years ago (because I counted gifts and DD had more than DS). I sent him to get this thing DS wanted -- and he walked into the shop and was asked to enter a drawing and before he got across the store to get the item I had asked for -- he won a huge tele! The tele would not fit in the new wall unit we had bought, so they let him take the biggest tele that would and gave him difference in price on a gift card! He is lucky like that! That might motivated him to go -- probably not, but a girl can try. ;)

Well, DD just got picked up to go to the cinema with her friend, so once DS is out of my room (using the ensuite shower because it has better pressure) I'll change into my grubby cleaning clothing and get to work. I need to move it, move it... do not want to, but no one else will do it. *sigh*

Hi Ladies,

DH took yesterday off and we got new sim only contracts with 3 (although for a couple of pounds more we could have gotten phones -- I may change mine to get the phone and give it to DD for her birthday in February).

So, I have the iphone I bought working and played with it a bit. I'll need to get it set up with his itunes and load some music and apps on it, etc. We bought a "For Dummies" guide, so I hope that over the holidays he'll figure out how to use it. I bought it for myself, but he thinks he might like an iphone and, as he has never had a mobile, I let him have this one and am trying to get it all tweaked to suit his needs. So, now I'll wait and see how it goes with him -- if it ends up he does not like it, then I'll have it. And, if he does I'll get one myself, as well.

We also met up with my friend, C, and had a coffee. I gave her the gift I ordered for her -- and hope that she has not guessed what it is. I know she'll love it.

We bought some food (purple and green sprouts) at Waitrose, and other bits for Christmas dinner. I am going to try and send DH over to the big base tonight to pick up the meat I ordered for Christmas dinner. I know he won't want to do it -- but I have done everything for Christmas and need to be here cleaning, etc.

I'll remind him of how I sent him to the shop on base at the last minute one Christmas eve about 9 or 10 years ago (because I counted gifts and DD had more than DS). I sent him to get this thing DS wanted -- and he walked into the shop and was asked to enter a drawing and before he got across the store to get the item I had asked for -- he won a huge tele! The tele would not fit in the new wall unit we had bought, so they let him take the biggest tele that would and gave him difference in price on a gift card! He is lucky like that! That might motivated him to go -- probably not, but a girl can try. ;)

Well, DD just got picked up to go to the cinema with her friend, so once DS is out of my room (using the ensuite shower because it has better pressure) I'll change into my grubby cleaning clothing and get to work. I need to move it, move it... do not want to, but no one else will do it. *sigh*

shame he couldn't have won you a washing machine! now THAT would have been useful :)

well i 'did' M&S this am. got there about 6.30am. was busier than last year. however, there was no snow this year! spent a fortune.... £140! think i've over catered in a big way. nevermind..... i'm sure that we could cook half and save half for the next day for my parents! or freeze it at ours even!!!!! my dad's already asking what i'm doing.... e.g. when am i coming round to cook it! said i wasn't that i was giving him the itinarary! it's dead easy. i've timed everything so i know when things need to go on. told him if he wants me to cook it then he'll have to come here! that doesn't fit as there's no way in the house with my mum or to the loo!

Back