Minnie's getting skinny

Hi Minnie. 6lb loss is brilliant! I'm back on day 1 today after 4 days of indulgence. I think that some of us just have addictive personalities. I used to smoke and would love to be one of those people who just have the occasional cigarette socially but I can't, for me it's all or nothing. If I start a packet of sweets or a bar of chocolate I have to eat the lot and I never leave anything on my plate. I'm the same if I open a bottle of wine, I feel it all has to be drunk. My oldest so is like me too whereas my youngest son can make an easter egg last for days! Anyway, let's see how many days we can go TS this time!

All or nothing for me too... I think that's why this diet can work so well for me as it's a total removal of food. One bite of food and I can't stop, need to work hard on that when I'm maintaining though!

When I quit smoking I went total cold turkey, just left them one day 11 years ago and haven't touched them since. I daren't other wise I would be back smoking I'm sure. Shame I can't quit food for ever..

How's the rest of your day been Minnie? I admire you for not having anything at all today, not sure I could manage that..

Minnie it is normal for us. Facing up to it is half the battle, controlling it is the other half. The thing is with other types of addictive behaviour you can remove what's causing the problem. No chance of doing that with food until we have these temptations under control & that's why it is so hard. Some times I think its best to chuck all the food out that is unhealthy but its impossible to do that if there are others in the house & even if we did we would still find a way of getting hold of stuff if we wanted to. We need to find comfort in something else other than food,. Easier said than done.
Anyway a new day & a positive start for you. 6lb pound down which is a great achievement so well done.The main thing is that you haven't let is spiral any further. Keep going x

Thank you Lynne, Karla, Susie. So comforting to know I'm not alone or crazy! I'm going to spend some time reading up on food addiction, bingeing etc. iv always considered myself just greedy, from a very very young age and onwards. To hear there may be an actual explanation to my eating behaviour gives me hope it can change.

Today couldn't have gone any better. In bed and happy to be on track. I am not going to weigh until weigh in, which will be a first for me. I will measure though, as I took my measurements at the start :)

Hey Minnie :)
So chuffed to see you had a fab day yesterday and I really hope today is the same for you. I agree with what everyone has already said and 'all or nothing' is exactly how I am too. Keep at it my lovely, you will do it! Xx

Thank you lovelies :)

Yesterday went well, and today I'm away from home and not back until early evening. I havnt had any packs and havnt brought any with me. Plan is to suffer it out and get in the habit of keeping my packs for afternoon/evening - my danger zone. This may work much better.

Have a great day x

Thank you lovelies :) Yesterday went well, and today I'm away from home and not back until early evening. I havnt had any packs and havnt brought any with me. Plan is to suffer it out and get in the habit of keeping my packs for afternoon/evening - my danger zone. This may work much better. Have a great day x

I tend to keep mine for later too! Daytimes are much easier for me its evenings when i get the munchie monsters in my head!
Good luck today x

I try to but tend to feel sick if I don't have anything.

Hope the day is going well for you Minnie. I struggle through the day if i don't have 2 packs - evening are much easier for me so once I've had 'dinner' i'm not bothered by food anymore.

Day is going well thank you. Resisted temptation! Looking forward to having 3 yummy shakes this evening :D

Hey Minnie just catching up with your diary, well done for getting straight back into it. I feel for you so much. Must reply properly when I have more time, I'm on my way out. Suffice it to say for now, you're doing so well!
And as far as saving packs towards the afternoon and evening is concerned, I do something very similar on my work days and it works best for me.
I have my first pack around 1pm, my second just before I leave the office and go home. I find that way I'm not hungry when I get in the door and instead of doing what I would normally do which is head straight into the kitchen and have a couple of slices of toast as a snack (a snack!) I get on with stuff that needs doing around the house until it's time for my last pack.
We all have to find a way that works and it's good that you're trying to find it for yourself :) xx

Great to see you have stayed TS so far Minnie. I rarely have my 1st pack before 2pm, find it so much easier to resist temptations that way. Have a good afternoon x

I keep an emergency stash of packs in my handbag and in my car for when I'm nowhere near home, maybe an idea in case you get stuck again hun xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Been home an hour and had a chocolate shake, gorgeous, it felt like cheating because it was chocolately yum. I have 2 packs left to enjoy too, happy about that! Aim tomorrow is to have the first pack no sooner than 2pm. Then continue that habit :)

Also had an email from Exante about new Mango and Passionfruit shakes OMG! *drool*

I saw that too, if you order any let me know what they are like.

Mmmmm that sounds good! I loved the mango shakes on CWP.

Will do, they sound yummy :)

All 3 shakes had, didn't take me long huh. Just scouring the forum for coping mechanisms when that urge to cheat comes. I never had these problems to deal with last time. I guess being medically obese gives you all the will power needed to change. It's really hard now. I want to get to Saturday without a slip up! :) x

I'm sure you will get there Minnie.

Back