Minnie's getting skinny

Here's to another successful day tomorrow x

Have a great Friday x

Well done for resisting hun, hunger certainly has a way of catching us off guard hasn't it?
You're doing great and you're gonna stick with it ;-) have a fab day today and I hope it's gentle with you xx

Thank you all :)

Day 7! It's my first weigh in tomorrow. I have been thinking of removing the scales afterwards, and not weighing until the end of the month, if I can. Just so I don't 'watch the pot boil'. I daily weigh, and it can make the time drag. I would like to get on with me day, stick 100%, and not obsess too much, then weigh monthly and hopefully be in 10s by the end :)

I'm not sure I could resist but I could try. Feeling good today. Fat but good x

Well done Minnie, I have been doing WI's daily during week 1(due to larger 1st week losses) but will probably do weekly after that.

I have been daily weighing this week too Minnie but am now going to do my absolute best to not weigh myself at all until Friday mornings. When I did the Cambridge Weight Plan back in Jan 2012 my scales were broken so I could only weigh in weekly at the consultant's house. This worked so much better for me than Exante at the end of last year and I'm sure it's the daily/regularly weighing habit as a STS over a couple of days can really get you down, but if you only see a 2-4lb drop at the end of the week it seems like heaps.

Might ask the OH to hide the scales from me (he always seems to be good at finding hiding places) so I have no choice but to wait until next Friday.

That's a good idea, maybe just weekly weighing will be easier to do. So I will only weigh on 11th, 18th, 25th and the last day of the month 31st. I hope to be back in 10s by the last weigh in :) x

Probably the best way if you cant resist daily weigh in's, especially once the weight loss slows down a bit. My weigh tomorrow too. Hope you have a good loss Minnie x

My first weigh in today and pleased with a 6lb loss taking me to 11.7 :)

Ok now confession time.

I cracked last night, really bad, and binged. I tried all my tricks to talk myself out of it, and it was keeping me ok. Then I had a row with OH and just marched to the kitchen and ate a fajita. Sounds absolutely ridiculous lol. Then I just spiralled like a vile pig. So I had;

3 x chicken El Paso fajitas.
3 x chocolate Daim bars.
2 x Cadbury milk chocolate bars.
1 x prawn cocktail crisps.
1 x whole pack of cookies.
1 x handful of toffee popcorn
1 x triple sand which - cheese/cucumber/onion.
2 x mugs of sugary hot chocolates.

It's just not normal :(

Back 10000% with a vengeance and furious with myself. No weighing until Saturday, and I want to see 11.4 to make me officially normal weight. I can damn well do this. I will x

Back 10000% with a vengeance and furious with myself. No weighing until Saturday, and I want to see 11.4 to make me officially normal weight. I can damn well do this. I will x

Well done for the loss. That's great considering your blip! Just learn from blip and do something different next time. I could really relate to your post. I've done that in the past. You will get there honey.

Glad you've got new determination. I know how you feel!

As for weighing. No sooner than weekly is best. Obsessing about numbers daily is not good for the soul! Last time I did a diet I didn't weigh at all and it used to drive people mad because they could see the loss but didn't know how much. I didn't want yo know how much incase it wasn't 'enough' all I I knew was that I could feel the difference and I felt good. That was all that mattered and it helped keep me on track. Not sure how I will approach this. Did u take measurements too?

My first weigh in today and pleased with a 6lb loss taking me to 11.7 :)

Ok now confession time.

I cracked last night, really bad, and binged. I tried all my tricks to talk myself out of it, and it was keeping me ok. Then I had a row with OH and just marched to the kitchen and ate a fajita. Sounds absolutely ridiculous lol. Then I just spiralled like a vile pig. So I had;

3 x chicken El Paso fajitas.
3 x chocolate Daim bars.
2 x Cadbury milk chocolate bars.
1 x prawn cocktail crisps.
1 x whole pack of cookies.
1 x handful of toffee popcorn
1 x triple sand which - cheese/cucumber/onion.
2 x mugs of sugary hot chocolates.

It's just not normal :(

:-( I really do feel for you hun. This is not an easy journey to be on at all, BUT, today, you are 6lbs lighter, which is a fab loss, so well done you and you are more with it today and more determined. You can and will do this my lovely, just try to keep the focus on your goal. Maybe try to find something to help u if u get in a similar situation again. I'm always around if u want a chat.

Draw a line under yesterday and have a fab day today xx

You are normal hun, it's just no one ever admits to having nights just like that ;)

I think everyone on here can relate, I certainly can.. I'm a secret binger! My husband goes to darts every monday night. We'll have dinner together and then once he's gone I raid the cupboards...for no real reason at all other than I want to eat it and he can't see me eating it so I'm denying it even to myself! So bad... and I feel awful afterwards so it doesn't even give me pleasure so why am I bothering??

But no more.... ;)

Today is a new day. 6lb loss is great, take pride in that and move forward xx

Good luck getting back into the swing of it today xx

Last edited:
Karla that reminds me of making toast. I used to eat a slice while I was making it, then go and sit at the table with 2 slices. Didn't count the slice I had already eaten as it wasn't in my plate. It was eaten in transit and no-one could see it. Kind of like eating half of ur buffet plate before sitting down to let everyone else view the size of the food haul on plate! Crazy isn't it?!

Minnie, I feel your pain. I really struggled last night ended up adding 3 mushrooms and 20g of chicken to my carbonara. Couldn't even admit to adding the chicken last night. I justified it by saying it was low carbs and I had burned more Cals during my run.

Checked this AM and I'm still in ketosis so limited damage done.

Well done on the loss that was fantastic considering you ate the night before.
I am the same as you, if i eat one thing thats it, i then carry on to eat whatever i can get my hands on.
Draw a line under it as you cant change whats done. These things happen but its about not letting one blip carry on into more blips.
Back on it today, you can do it! x

Thank you my lovelies :)

Why do I do it, Gish I really can't work myself out. I see people take a few squares of chocolate from a whole bar, and wrap the rest up and put it away. And I think how can you do that?! If I open a chocolate bar, I eat the chocolate bar, then more and more and more.

I worked my ass off last year losing all that weight that made me utterly depressed and miserable. I was elated to reach target, looked and felt great. Celebrated every number going down on the scales. Then, I watched those same numbers going back up and up and up, and I didn't care enough to stop until i had regained 2st. Yes, i weighed all through my gains, never avoided the scales even then. That makes it worse! God I have issues.

Now that's off my chest, I still feel pretty good today strangely! :) Because it was a spectacular blip but it was just that, a blip. It's done, gone, over. Today however, is not day 1, it's day 8. Day 7 just had mistakes ;)

Have a great day and thank you for the much needed and appreciated support x

I totally relate to your binge, I watched a YouTube vid on someone elses signature it was called 'don't open the box' the box being your appetite and opening it being eating that first thing, ie the fajita that kicked it all off

I totally understand the kind of tunnel vision you get when it starts it must be similar to when an alcoholic has a taste of drink and i'm sure just as powerful

But you're back on plan today and you've still got a loss for the week so that is brilliant!

Sending strength to you ~~~

Thank you Lou, I'm going to look for that on you tube :)

Today is going excellent, but it will do, because I ate enough yesterday to keep me full for days lol. No seriously, I do feel great today, refreshed. Probably the lovely weather outside reminding me of summer :)

Not had a single pack yet, just 3 litres of water with Exante water flavouring. I'm not having anything today, total cleanse, my first pack will be tomorrow morning. It's just how I do things :)

Back