Miss Kassy Getting Sassy (Re-Start)

Thanks, girls! It's been hard, especially the last 24 hours, infact I caved when I got home tonight and had 2 freddo bars, but they were tastiest bits of chocolate I've ever had! lol I went for a 3 mile walk afterwards and stuck to chicken for dinner so hopefully I haven't done too much damage. Am going to stick it out til Sunday then get back to healthy eating with salad, fruit and veg etc, but I'm glad I've done it this week because it's given me the boost I need and I tried on my maxi dress earlier and it looks and feels much better so I'm happy. Think I'm going to try and stick to at least 2 days of pure protein days from next week to help me shift some more pounds, but expect it to be a lot slower than is has been. It's definitely worth doing if you want a quick loss for a special occassion or holiday! xxxx

I don't think a couple of freddo bars will do a lot of damage especially as you went for a 3 mile walk afterwards
Is that part of your training for your marathon walk in October?
Every May the local hospice organises a Walk the Wight from one end of the Island to the other 26.5 miles over the downs which I do with my son, normally start training for it in the March.
Fantastic sense of achievment once you have finished, good luck with the training and the last few days of the dukan diet

Thanks Bin! :) yeah the walking is for my marathon on 1st October. Am following a 12 week training plan at the moment. I'm looking forward to it but also a bit apprehensive as it's a big challenge. Am determined to do it tho. How long did it take to do your walk? That sounds amazing too, well done! Xx

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

Hi everyone

Think you've done brilliantly Bella. Sounds like everyone is pretty motivated at the mo. I think that tends to go in circles so it's good we can spur each other on. Have just done Zumba so that's another workout to tick off my list. Hols in 10 days.
Need to spend this afternoon looking for my passport Eek! Took it to interview in may with crb check and when I went to get my passport to check date it wasn't with the others :(((( have gone through all other rooms and half the office. Think might go to post office and fond out how to get another one just in case.

Hope you're having a good day xx

Shelski, your right, I think we are all really spurig each other on :) Everyone is doing so well.

Well, its just a quicky from me ladies to wish you al a fab weekend and I hope the sun shines. I'm off to a BBQ on Saturday so i'll try not to be too naughty. But I'll speak to you all after the weekend xxx

Hey lovelies!!
Im still here!
Ive been v.naughty this week, am in holiday mode already!!
Kinda thinking ah well no point stressing now with only 3 days to go, but I am going to have to really get on it again when I get bk!!!

Hope youre ok! You all sound like youve done ace compared to me!!!

Kassy dw abt the gym, itll be ace for u when u get bk into it but a rest is good!

Woooooo bella!!! Well done you!! Youve done amazing!!! Pure protein is obv the way to go for a little while for good results!!

Xx

Thanks Cinderz! Ooooh, and not long til your holibobs now...EXCITED :)

Just to let you all know, I weighed in again this morning and lost another 2lbs, so have managed to lose 9lbs this week on Dukan! I can't believe how much better I feel already in just a week and my maxi dress looks so much better on me too. It's amazing what 9lbs can do, ay!

Going to keep to dukan today if I can. Breakfast has been fine and am going to Nando's for lunch, so that will be easy too, but not sure what I'll do for dinner. I guess it all depends how much food I have at lunch time! lol Off to Surrey tomorrow for a family birthday party and it's cold meats and salads so will try and stick to low carbs if I can but I'm not going to hold back on the champagne...think I deserve it after this week. Will be back on low carbs again on Monday though.

I'll probably be back here this evening but if I'm not, have a good weekend everyone xxXXxx

Evening ladies! Just popping in coz I'm currently babysitting - so just on my phone! It's fab! First time I've babysat my cousin on my own - oh how brooch I am! I love her to bits :) anyhow, she's now snoozing away in bed while I'm watching Harry Potter! lol

Will have a proper read of all posts either tonight or tomorrow!

Awesome stuff though Bella! What a great loss! My book was "dispatched" today, so should get it next week :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Bella,
I take about 8 1/2hrs to do Walk the Wight there are a lot of steep hills as it is all across the downs the last hill is a killer after walking almost 26.5 miles!! I have done it the last 4 years and really enjoy it around 12000 people walk it.
You will be fine are you doing it in a group? Train wearing the shoes you are wearing on the day, I always take blister plasters with me so first sign of one I put them on.
Enjoy your week end every one, have been at work today but looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow hope the weather is nice:D

Wow bella that is amazeballs!!! Whoa!!
How have you felt just eating protein? Did you get any headaches or lethargy? Thts the only thing thts stopped me doing dukan really- the thought of 12/13hr shifts on pure protein... And I would really miss fruit. But hell, for a loss like that, totally worth it!!

Goodluck with next week are you carrying on? Id say a champagne treat is defo in order after your week tho, champagne isnt mega carby is it lol.

Goodluck when you start stacy, I am so jumping on the bandwagon and getting the book when im back!!

Eeeeek am almost excited now, just need to get over the packing stress, and "have I forgotten anything" jitters!!

Hope you lovely ladies are having a good weekend xx

Evening all!

Bin - hope you had a nice relaxing day today after work yesterday?

Cinderz - if you're anything like me, you'll have the "have I forgotten anything" bug right up until the day you leave! lol I get them even after writing checklists for packing! Yes, I am a bit obsessed that way :D

Well my one day off today, before going back to work tomorrow was....meh! I have actually been feeling very low today (happens far too often!). Do you ever just wish you were someone else but you? That's how I'm feeling today. Feeling unappreciated by some family members and friends, and then there's the usual "I'm fat and still single! No one will love me when I'm this fat" thoughts.

I wish I could just wave a magic wand and make all these thoughts go away, and sort myself out :cry:

Apart from today, I had a good night lastnight watching my little cousin Abbi. And her dad (my cousin's hubby) said I must have "the gift" because I got her to go to bed on time, and there wasn't a peep from her the whole time I was there :) I'm watching her again next Saturday, so looking forward to that. It was actually really nice, because when my cousin and her hubby came home from their meal we sat and chatted til about 1am! Me and my cousin have always been really close, but we haven't had a chance to really sit down and chat since she had Abbi (2 1/2 years ago!), so we had a good ***** and moan about some people and got things off our chest. Was really nice :)

Anyway, I hope you are all having a better weekend than me!

And here's to a better week next week....

xxxxx

Hi Stacy

Glad you had a lovely time with your cousins and managed to have a good chat, it is really nice to catch up:)
Sorry you had a down day, glad you came on here and had a rant as I think it makes you feel better if you can mouth off, and there are always people on here to listen and support. Try to remember the positives when you feel low.
I have days when I feel down old, fat and frumpy :mad:
Spent my Sunday moving furniture back into a room we have just decorated, just got to paint the door and put it back on!
Best go and get ready to go to work
Take care and have a good day:)

Cinderzxx
When do you go on holiday must be soon as you are talking about packing jitters! Where abouts are you going? have a lovely time.

Morning girls....really quick question.....do any of u have the 30 day shred dvd?

Will be back to chat later...just at work now xxx

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

Hi Girls

Have you all had a nice weekend?

Bella - AMAZING!!!!! I am defo going to give it a go in a few weeks time. I love meat so it should be okay, but I bet it works out expensive.

I'm going to do SW for a while too as my diet is not working anymore at all. I waqs so good all of lst week but when I got weighed on Saturday morning the scales say I put 1lb on. HOW THE HELL?????? It bummed me right out so I ended up binging all weekend which I feel really guilty about now. But hey ho. Today is a new day and the start of a new month so I might aswell go for it!

I need to pop dn to my oldflat to get my SW book as I dont hve a clue what to eat. I had musli for brekki but have a feeling its got quite a few syns in it. Having whomeal bread and tuna salad for lunch and either vedge or chichen and vedge stir fry for tea. New diets take some geting used too. Goingn to join the local group on Thursday too so the weigh in's will keep me motivated, plus I dont trust my scales anymore!

Who ele here doing slimming world?

Stacey - how are you today? Hate hearing you are down :( Its an awful feeling. We are all here for you. Sounds like you are really good with kids. Have you never though about working in a nursery or anything?

Not long now Cinderz hehe. Mega excited for you. Cant wait to here all about it. Hope its nic and hot for you. Get a nice tan. That always makes you feel good.

Goot dsh back off to work now. Speak soon guys xxxxx

Bin- thanks very much - that's what I like about this forum so much - there's always someone around!

Kassy - good luck with SW! Hope it works out for you :) I'm feeling ok today I guess. Work was pretty boring again, but I'm off for the next 2 days. I've noticed that everyday when I come out of work I have the worst headache! I really don't know what's causing it - whether it's the lights in work or something. Cos it's not too hot or cold in the place, so can't think what else it could be! I de-cluttered my desk - which was crawling with paper everywhere! Looking into getting another tattoo, and have a few things up for sale on ebay to help clear out my room a little bit. So that's all good!

I couldn't actually work with kids in that environment! lol I probably wouldn't have the patience! :D But I am applying to do midwifery which is something I really, really, really want to do! So fingers crossed for that :)

xxx

Evening girls

Hope you've all had a good day.

Stacy - how are you feeling? Hope you're a bit happier today. Maybe your getting headaches coz you're dehydrated? Make sure you drink your water honey.

Kassy - I've done SW before and did really well on it but then stopped coz I lost motivation hence the dukan, but think I'll get back on it soon.

Thanks for all your lovely messages re my Dukan success. I wasn't too bad over the weekend. Sat was low carb - stuck to yogurt and oats for brekfast, chicken salad for lunch at nando's but had a sandwich for dinner! Yesterday I was at a family party and it ws cold meats and salad but also had a few glasses of champers and some bday cake too and today I've been munching on chocolate (totm)! Am back on pure protein tomorrow and wed and have decided not to weigh myself again until saturday what with period pains and carb intake, I don't want to get disheartened by it so just going to see what happens this week.

Hope you're all ok. Am in the process of looking into leg exercises so will let you know when I have some ideas for a new challenge for us! xxx

Hi Bella, I'm feeling a bit better today thanks. I always take a bottle of water with me, and I always finish it by the end of the day, but maybe I'm still not getting enough?

Sounds like you had a good weekend for the most part Bella! :) well done!

oh, I'm looking forward to getting some leg exercises in and toning these thighs! Wait, did I just say I'm "looking forward" to that? lol

Oh, I may be getting tickets to see Lee Evans next week! And pretty good seats too! So excited! I also would love to go see Michael McIntyre next year when he's in Glasgow! But I may be at uni - and maybe in Aberdeen! So not sure how that will work! lol :confused:

xxxx

Back