Missing Maddie..Lets all pray for her safe return.

Hi Mrs Depp
My son whos now 16 was same age as him , think he was just over 2 when James Bulger was taken , i remember going into town with my son just after it happened and i still remember it now , everyone was watching seeing if your kids were by your side . I remember my son always wanted to go on them rides outside the shops , well my son was a devil cos once he got in them he would'nt come out , so i said ok i'm off .... as you do to make them come off ... well this man said you can't leave him ... that boys just been taken ... as if i would i said . but everything you did people was watching your every move , i really was in shock to think it was 2 ten year old boys who did that , it rocked the nation!

Just was reading back on that James Bulger it was Feb 1993 ....That the two ten year olds took him and killed him , crist brings back bad memories , it upset me for along time , i think because my son was the same age .
Maddy... I just wonder if she is still alive , what sort of life does she have , its like that girl who was taken for years , he had a room built for her under his living room , and they thought she was dead but she ran away this year i think was it ? think shes 18 now , and the bloke who kept her his prisoner jumped in front of a train .

Hi Missleo,

I mistakenly thought James had been taken after '93 as my son wasn't born until Sept of that year. So I was pregnant when it happened.....though I do remember it still being 'fresh' in peoples minds when my son was around James' age even 2 years later. In fact it still plays a big part of people's lives even now.

After James was taken, if there was a mum whose child had wandered a few feet ahead of it's parent there'd always be someone who'd say "Hey love wait for your mum" of they'd ask "Is that your child running ahead?". People generally looked out for other people's children because James was so much at the back of everyone's minds.

I've said that to my 2 too, to get them off a ride or up from the floor in WHSmith's reading a book lol. :D It's just something we say as parents, just like some people tell their kids "The bad man will get you" (though I've never said that to mine - it's way to scary for them in my opinion!).

I can't believe that the McCanns had anything to do with Maddie's disappearance. I think it's the Portugese police/media frenzy pointing the finger out of desperation as the whole world knows that they haven't handled this case very well. Their procedures seem to be out of the ark and Gerry and Kate have had to abide by their outdated red tape regulations. Now that they're back in England I'm hoping that British police can do a better job than the Portugese. :sigh:

I can't believe that the McCanns had anything to do with Maddie's disappearance. I think it's the Portugese police/media frenzy pointing the finger out of desperation as the whole world knows that they haven't handled this case very well. Their procedures seem to be out of the ark and Gerry and Kate have had to abide by their outdated red tape regulations. Now that they're back in England I'm hoping that British police can do a better job than the Portugese. :sigh: They really did let Maddie down the police . Think maybe thats why K & G got out of there fast because maybe they thought they would next loses the twins , thats why they wanted them home. Yes time goes fast , you've think was it that year , i only remember cos my son

You only have to look at Kate McCann's face to see she just couldn't have been directly responsible for what has happened to Madeleine - she looks broken - they are both broken. They know they will have to live for the rest of their lives with what they chose to do that eveing (ie leave their children alone - which was/is wrong, very wrong) and although they have returned to the UK to give the twins some 'normality' sadly the media will not allow this - not for a very long time....even now 4 months on this case still upsets me - I have a daughter who is five (I also have 2 sons) and seeing them yesterday returning with only two of their children my heart goes out to them because I couldn't even begin to contemplate how I would feel if it had been my child.... sadly I think Madeleine is dead and has been for a very long time, but I do not think her parents killed her accidentally or otherwise. I do not think they will ever find her either which is very very sad.....

This is just a very sad situation all round.... their lives will never, ever be the same again.....

Hi Mich
Very true , but i'm unsure if Maddy is dead.. i guess its like Ben hes 18 now , he got taken in spain i think 16 years ago hes been seen in videos and the spanish police covered that up , they think he went on a gipsy site , and they said cos of the blode white hair , so did maddy , but who knows , will we ever know . I also have a girl shes 4 and two older boys too . I think it will die down in time , but i also think the family want the media to keep coming as it keeps maddy in the news

but i also think the family want the media to keep coming as it keeps maddy in the news
i certainly agree with this, they are deffinatly using the media for their own PR (for want of a better word) if it was me i think i would just want to hide away somewhere in a dark hole & be left alone.
I personally think she is long dead, as to how, who & why i'm note sure
xx

I also think that Maddie is dead. But I cannot condemn her parents, they have to live with what has happened for the rest of their lives. How many parents can honestly say that they have never, ever taken the smallest 'risk' of whatever kind with their children? Very few I would think. My DH always says 'eternal vigilance', but try as we might we are all human, and all make mistakes. I also cannot believe that they are implicated in her disappearance - she is an IVF baby, apparently they tried for 5 years to have her - how desperately they must have wanted her, I know because my oldest daughter is also a very precious IVF miracle. What possible motive could they have, it just doesn't make sense. I will be stunned and devastated if they are in fact to blame, as a previous poster has said, we all really need it NOT to be them.

Where are you Maddie?:tear_drop: :tear_drop: :tear_drop:
SM

I also think that Maddie is dead. But I cannot condemn her parents, they have to live with what has happened for the rest of their lives. How many parents can honestly say that they have never, ever taken the smallest 'risk' of whatever kind with their children? Very few I would think. My DH always says 'eternal vigilance', but try as we might we are all human, and all make mistakes. I also cannot believe that they are implicated in her disappearance - she is an IVF baby, apparently they tried for 5 years to have her - how desperately they must have wanted her, I know because my oldest daughter is also a very precious IVF miracle. What possible motive could they have, it just doesn't make sense. I will be stunned and devastated if they are in fact to blame, as a previous poster has said, we all really need it NOT to be them.

Where are you Maddie?:tear_drop: :tear_drop: :tear_drop:
SM

If it isn't then then that means there is a child abductor on the loose in Portugal who is nowhere near being found...... If it was the parents and it was an accident, say they gave her something to make her sleep so they could enjoy dinner without interruptions (although they did check on the children regularly, but was this just to check that any sedative wasn't wearing off?)

So who would you rather did it was?
The parents accidentally

Or...... some random stranger/s who may never be found and could be stealing children to order for all sorts of horrific practises?

In all honesty if Maddie is dead (and we all hope she isn't) i hope it was the parents and it was an accident..... if people want it to be someone depraved then thats a cruel end they have wished for Maddie....

Last edited:
I hear what you say, Glorious Day, but what I mean is that the thought of parents harming their own child is, for me at least, the most disturbing thing. Of course I would rather no-one had ever harmed Maddie or any other child. I am sure you did not mean to offend me by suggesting that I did? Perhaps what I should have said is that what we all need is for Maddie to be found safe and well. It seems unlikely, but maybe the miracle will happen, As for an accidental overdose by the parents, well again, nothing is impossible, but as they are both doctors that seems pretty unlikely to me too.
SM

the phrase "who would you rather it was" wasn't really aimed at any individual...... it was more of a question to everyone. So, i wasn't meaning to offend anyone.

I can see how the prospect of a parent harming their own child is a very disturbing thing, more disturbing than most other scenarios.... but if maddie is dead, i would rather it be the slip of a needle due to her parents misguidedness ...... and not at the clutches of a paedophile with the poor girl terrified and alone.

I am so confused by it all,
Sedating your child, leaving 3 children alone ??????? ( Allegedly)

Its all a big mystery. But I can honestly say I would not and never have left my little one nearly four, to go out.
I desperatly feel sorry for G & K and haven`t the first clue what they must be going through, but they are mature responsible people who in my opinion put there own needs above their childrens.
Most familys would either take the children out with them or as we have done before our little one has fallen asleep in his buggy in the restaurant.

No offence is intended, And I really hope that some good news turns up soon and the truth becomes known.
Maddy, Youre in everyones thoughts x x x

Okay, no offence taken then!

I have never left my 2 children either, and never would, but they did and now have the rest of their lives to regret it. I am so, so sorry for everyone involved, Maddie most of all.
SM

Yes I agree skinnymongoose, they will never rest over that night and even if everything turns out ok in the end it, what they have been through will haunt them forever.
They will have to stay strong for the twins.

We're still none the wiser 7 months later. :( She might never be found. Christmas will be particularly tough for the McCann's.

Its very sad about Maddie and for her family .... Bring her home to her family !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This still plays on my mind on a daily basis and I cannot imagine the pain her family are feeling now.... so sad.... the not knowing is the worst part of it all....

My thoughts are with the McCann's at this time.....

Back