MONDAY WEIGHERS - ALL WELCOME

Sorry for late reply - well done <3_my_cat (can your user name be any more awkward? :p - though in fairness, I love my cat too :D ) for a fabulous loss this week!!

Bring on next week! :D

-2 lb this morning, was hoping for more, my body feels different. Unfortunately I never did the measurements from the beginning as I didn't have a tape measure, so I have no idea on inches.

How did you two lovely ladies do? :)

Hi Minerva!! Sorry I didn't post yesterday hun - I completely forgot! - 4 for me :D yay!! Have a great day! x How did you do Emmy? x

thanks Minerva, have felt so rough , I have just been taking it easy this week and have had to cancel everything that I had scheduled so am just having to sit back and relax and hope this bug goes soon, I'm looking like the living dead at the mo!! ha ha

Oooooh... it's a Monday again!!

-1 lb for me.

Nothing grand - but a loss is a loss!

13 lb to go until first big goal of getting under BMI 30!! Can't wait. :D

Hi....Lexi here....please can I join? Started today...again....but not hoping on and off...started a couple of weeks ago, but had low haemoglobin and ended up in hospital... boooo...anyway, todays weight 20st....Oh my!!!

Good luck everyone!!!

Lexi

xxx

Thanks Minerva....I'm really looking forward to giving it my best shot...breaking down into 10lb goals and rewarding myself after each goal, only something small like a haircut, a pair of shoes, new pair of knickers....ha ha...instead of the belly warmers I've got now!!! So, 10lb times 11, thats eleven new things for me. :eek:

well done Minerva on your loss and welcome Lexi, ok so its a difficult week for me as I'm thinking I may have to give up the S&S diet as its having a very negative effect on my mental health which is gutting, its my fault as I should never have tried to do a VLCD really as I have a serious mood disorder and so I kind of went against the advice of my gp and the S&S website out of desperation to lose weight but I have to admit its making me ill something which I was worried about, its making my mood changes so much worse and its having an effect on my meds so I fear I'm going to have to go back to traditional dieting / healthy eating, I might use some of the S&S packs to help me keep to a certain amount of calories but I am going to have to start eating more properly again sadly. Anyway good luck guys, I have nothing against VLCDs just now realise why they warn people with pre-existing mental health conditions not to do them! Em x

I'm sorry this diet isn't working out for you... I do understand, I have severe depression that I battle with ... and this diet is making it worse on some days (makes me want to jump in front of trains actually!).

These diets can be dangerous, especially if you're on medication as the amount of water you drink may dilute the concentration of the chemical you very much need. This is why my partner's mum is advised against doing a VLCD (she has bi-polar disorder).

There is nothing wrong with doing it the more natural way, it just means you need to plan a little bit more. :) I know you can do it! I have seen suggestions floating around that Paleo diet is a good way to go! Cut out processed foods and majority of unnatural carbohydrates and I guarantee the weight will fall off you. :)

Stick around the forums, don't give up just yet! We're all here for you.

x

A close friend of mine with similar issues did Cambridge and got by ok. I suffer problems with my mood in general and especially when I do a vlcd (at times anyway - and they are quickly followed by a fail).

Anyway, I'll be joining this little Monday club - I weighed in yesterday at 17st 1lb and had my first pack shortly after.

I weigh daily (nice little bit of ocd for me - I sometimes weigh 3 times a day) but Monday is the day my loss counts.

Oh god....me too!!!.I have severe depression and have struggled this week...even though I thought I was in "the zone"....maybe cos my son is off school for easter so I have to prepare more meals for him. I do think as well as mental health being a medical condition (have taken meds for years for it and changed about 4months ago to Duloxetine) alot of it for me is how I feel about myself...I am so lucky to have a fab GP, who is so supportive and thorough...she discussed VLCD with me at length. Anyway...think I have gone off on a tangent...sorry....but I think you know when you are ready to "go for it" so go with how you feel, Ems...and like Minerva said...stay on the forums....keep in touch and when you feel ready, you'll just know...I am ready...I'm just being a div at the mo!! Anyway....just spent half hour at Total Fitness...how good am I? Though the truth of the matter is I had a great big cappuccino with my 73 year old Dad who works there!!! Well...at least my son and I walked there!!! Gotta start somewhere!! Good luck anyway.... it's not a failure to come off it...it's a difficult decision to make. xx

And Minervas advice re low carb and less processed food is really good. This is a difficult way to diet...you can quite easily set yourself up "to fail" even though you're not actually failing....xx

Oh my word ANDY!! :D :D :D

Welcome back! Lovely to see a familiar face (or rat in your case ;) ). :hug99:

Lovely to see you Minerva, though one day it'd be nice to bump into each other when not trying to lose weight!

Things are moving on here - day 3 and I already know I can't do it. I just don't have it in me. Have discussed it with my better half and she suggested I fast 2 days a week, using the packs as the main source of that.

Everyone gone? I am back again - restarted Monday and so far going very very well. I'm firmly into ketosis, and have dropped 9.4lbs since Monday. Doesn't help I gained 9lbs before though lol.

In a good place and feel good. I'm not doing sole source - I'm having 3 packs, and some protein. And my coke zero.

Feels a little different this time - doesn't feel hard yet (though it's bound to at some point).

Back