Moosh's S&S diary

It doesnt count until your actual weigh in!!!! You remind me of me - stuck to the scales! lol! I've weighed twice so far today, will do it again before I go to bed later! :p

Congrats on the Jeans. I'm sooo close to being able to get into a size 14 jeans that its paining me. I can get into a size 14 work trouser from dorothy perkins, but it honestly looks terrible - major spare tyre going on! lol! However, at least I can get them on, thats something!

Dont think I've ever been a size 14. I remember being a size 10 at school, then a size 16. Clearly I didnt balloon overnight, but I just dont remember being in between those sizes!

Wow that sounds just like me! I remeber at age 12 or so going to a wedding and we bought a size 10 adult top- I felt very grown up! But by year 10-11 I was in size 24 white shirts as they didn't do school shirts that big. And my mum says 'oh, you were never a fat child!' Yeah right.

I lost weight before, got to 12st 10lb which is 4lb less than last weigh-in! But sizing is mental isn't it, I had size 20 stuff still fitting me (actually am currently wearing a size 24 top but it's too big and have a t-shirt under!) and I had a size 12 top from Sainsbury's! I was in 14 M&S jogging bottoms, 16 M&S and Matalan jeans and 18 trousers! Actually my interview trousers at the time were 14, black ones with a bit of stretch but my goodness the spare tyre was rank!

I can't wait till I can shop in any shop, go into River Island and not feel like a fugitive!

Today is the last day of week 4. A month down! Really, really never thought I would make it this far oh no. I've been very blippy but I'm reciting the facts to myself-

Yes I cheated but only with S&S stuff (on 3 days) or chicken (on one day).
My next order- £160- is coming next week. If I don't continue I'll be begging outside Asda for food!
I can do the kid's tea without eating even a bit. I did it today.

The last one is important cos I went mildly mental at lunch- had my cottage pie with 100g cucumber. Good. But I had already drunk 2.5l and couldn't drink any more. So i ended having another 100g cucumber, still on track but annoying as I wanted it for tea. But then.... I was ironing while baby had snack and I was soooooo wanting some of her warm pitta. I got a tesco bar and said I'll have a little bit, save the rest till 5pm. Did I save any? Did I *******. Nommed the lot and did the school run both desperate for a wee AND bloody annoyed with myself.

But I turned it round! Had no pack at 5pm so I am right on track. Usually have my last pack at 9pm but may have it earlier today. Long as I don't have extra packs today I'm ok. Thats a bit of a maybe! I know what I'm like and I know why I'm in this mess.

In other news, turns out one of my fave bits n bobs shops is closing. You know, all teapots and gift cards. So am heading up tomorrow to see what I can nab. Bad news- I saw in the window they had bargain choc like a big old box of Maltesers for £2. Problem because they are the bestest thing that have existed ever and the old me would get 5 boxes to make an even tenner! DON'T do it! For one, all my cash is now owned ny S&S and the other is well.... any chance they will last till after the diet? Even if they did I would then eat the lot then be all sick and that. My intention is just to go up and see if there is anything nice for my flat but more importantly to put in my gift drawer, for emergencies. I got rid of all my stuff when I moved abroad and I miss being able to go to it if needed!

Also plan to Hoover tomorrow, it's my only day off as working Sunday boooo. Oh well it's extra money right, £10 an hour they pay so if I get 10 hours pay I'll be rich!

And today I got my size 14 jeans, same as the 16s so I know if they fit I AM A SIZE 14. Which is important, I need to start realising I don't need to shop in Evans anymore! In fact they wouldn't fit me now! Yay!

Clothes are strange things. I am still wearing a size 20 top (getting a bit loose now) but I bought a size 14 coat yesterday and it fits, but mostly I'm comfortable in a size 16 and getting on down to a size 14. I've no idea how / when I started piling the weight on. I remember being 8.5 stone at age 23. How I managed to get to more than twice that weight I've really no idea! I'm sure it's portion size as I remember my meals being much smaller when I was growing up a million years ago.

It's odd that I've never seen a thin, or even overweight, me! I can't work it out if it's worse to say 'I've always been big' or 'I was small but got big'. I can't work it out if knowing what I'm missing out on is worse, or like me knowing that I wasted my entire life being fat but have no experience from the other side! That makes no sense but oh well.....

Just looking on Ebay for M&S jeans so can get a pair of 12, don't want to waste money on the same old same old when i get to a size able to shop in most shops- yet I want to be certain that I have indeed gone down a size!

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow MiniMoosh, 4 weeks is some achievement!!! :)

And yes it is Bl**dy freezing out there today!!

That's ketosis cold for you moosh. I bought an electric blanket when I started as I was so damn cold, plus an eletric heated throw for the sofa :). My OH told me I was turning into an old granny but he likes the electric blanket too now that it's turned icy cold.

Possibly but I started in August and was pretty cold then too :).

I've been extremely cold the past few days,the apartment is soooo warm but my hands and feet are aaaaalways cold.

Us too moosh! Our boiler packed in, but shower and cooker etc is electric so managing through this winter as we are saving so much money for the wedding at the min! We are an end terrace and it get so cold in winter, you can see your breath in the kitchen and upstairs! I have a little electric fireplace/heater in the living room and one for the bedroom! I don't usually mind the cold but because I am doing this I am really feeling it!

Good luck for weigh in this morning! xx

I bought an electric blanket a few weeks ago and I am loving it!

Good luck for your WI! I'm just off to do mine! :)

Oooh well WI eas as expected, no big loss but at least a loss not a gain. Am now 12st 13lb, so a loss of 2lb but oh well......

2lbs is 2lbs gone forever! Well done! :)

Well done Moosh as already said by Claire that's another 2lbs gone forever!!!
You must get the 1lb fat pic up and look at it lol it looks like so much yukkiness.

I would struggle to lose 2lbs in a week on any other diet unless i was exercising to the max or starving myself lol.

Well done Moosh as already said by Claire that's another 2lbs gone forever!!!
You must get the 1lb fat pic up and look at it lol it looks like so much yukkiness.

I would struggle to lose 2lbs in a week on any other diet unless i was exercising to the max or starving myself lol.

I know that feeling, I did Rosemary Conley for a year and weas averaging 2lb loss a week. That's on 1200 cals and at least 1 hour exercise a day- aerobics, running or Davina dvds. Which I enjoyed but I now work much longer hours and can't do it! Soooo much hard work!!!

Back