Moosh's S&S diary

MiniMoosh said:
Am 11st 10lb today- at 11st 7lb I will go from obese to overweight for the first time in my life! Lets hope for this week or next week!

Brilliant Moosh your so close xx

Moosh, you are doing brilliantly. Great news too about the clothes, isn't it great when you need to put another hole in your belt..:D

Thanks all of you for the wonderful support! I'm so happy today!

Today have had-

Choc shake
Honey nougat bar while shopping
2 500ml bottles coke zero- I was still out at 7 and needed a treat!
choc shake
2 pickled eggs
100g pickled veg
vanilla shake

Really interesting, I was out in Kingston and usually that would involve a fruit smootie at some point and lunch would be an M&S salad or sandwich if dieting, or a pasty or potato wedges if not! But I did it, not even tempted.

I spent way, way, way too much- all on my credit card, not looking forward to the bill. I got loads in Primark, yet another scarf, some shoes I really hope are ok.... they tend to fall to bits! And some pjs for staying over for the funeral. I got some Liz Earle stuff after reading rave reviews everywhere! Got a begginer kit, £24 eeeek but hopefully worth it! And a ton of samples everywhere, Clarins and L'Occitane and Benefit and even a Decleor oil sample!

Thankfully my mum's gifts for tomorrow got there. Will be good to see her on Monday!

Oh yes and- I bought size 14 trousers in DP! What the hell! And a size 14 top in Next, it's madness I tell you. Last December I wouldn't have gone in either shop! I still need something for the funeral though so off to Tkmaxx again tommorow, boo. I'll go Hounslow which has an M&S outlet, somtimes you find a cracker! I'll walk there, all adding to the exercise!

Monday I'm leaving to travel upcountry at 11.30 so I'll have a lie-in! I did offer to work but boss is taking day off and says I'm not needed. I feel guilty but she wants to spend time with the kids so fair enough. 2 days compassionate leave is so good of her.

I'm a bit worried about the dieting issue whilst there. Will be kipping on aunts floor with my sister, on airbeds, my parents know the diet I'm doing but no one else does. Rest of my family is pretty distant, we don't talk or anything. So they won't know I've lost weight, that I was huge or anything as last time we all met was a funeral of an aunt and I was at that time close to my current weight as I was dieting. But after then I went abroad and gained a lot. I'm planning to have a pack for breakfast (it'll be choc shake mush, we all know that right!) then a bar on the train then.... eeek. Easiest way I can see is to just take shakes with me and make them as mush, discretely, or ask for only veg and protein! I'll work it out, and quite positive right now so I hope I get through.

I really need to empty the washing machine and unpack my new purchases but I can't be arsed!

1lb down today, am now 11st 9lb never thought I'd see the day! 3 more lb and I'm overweight, oh what a thing to celebrate!

Off to town nown, lets hope I find something for the funeral. Am wearing makeup for the first time in the day, I got my little Lily Lolo samples through so I had a buff! And I used the Liz Earle last night and this morning, seems good but not so keen on the moisturiser. Taking the Clinique stuff back, it's just too harsh for me. Hope they take it back, the girl said she would.

Have a good day everyone!

You are doing so well Moosh. Sounds like you are developing a totally new image too! Hope you find something suitable to wear for the funeral! Have a good day

Clinique will definitely take it back! So no worrys there!

I didn't like Liz Earle Moisturisers either :-( so sticking to Clarins for that bit, but love the cleanse and polish and the toner :)

Clinique will definitely take it back! So no worrys there!

I didn't like Liz Earle Moisturisers either :-( so sticking to Clarins for that bit, but love the cleanse and polish and the toner :)

I did indeed take it back, turns out I was sold the wrong set for oily skin rather than normal/sensitive so they gave me a sample of the right one but I don't know if I'll try it, I think I'm in love with the Liz Earle stuff- though I may have to try the Superdrug hot cloth cleanser as it's a lot cheaper and gets good reviews!

Right, now for a proper diary entry. It's been a tough few days but I got through it, I had an emotional time at the funeral and seeing all my family again- including my parents and sister, haven't seen them since Christmas.

I stayed on plan, I managed a family dinner at my aunt's. They knew what I was doing, dad told them before I went so it was ok. There were 3 of my aunts, 2 uncles, my parents and my sister. They had this chicken and kidney bean thing in creamy sauce, to be honest I don't think I would have liked it anyway. As it happens my dad is on a special diet before his gall bladder op so aunt had saved some chicken for him out of the sauce, so I had some of that with the salad. I had a cheeky couple of slices of red onion, that was my only indulgance! There were two plates of halved jacket potatoes on the table and a pot of butter, they were all loving them but I just wasn't tempted. Seems I have my eye on the goal this week!

Pudding was suprisingly easy too, there was a crumble with a choice of yoghurt, cream or icecream, or a fruit salad. I'd have had the crumble with icecream! I sat while they ate and they chatted about a family friend who had lost a lot of weight then re-gained it. And then died. Thanks for that! I got through it, no blips or cheats and probably below the 200g protein. Which was a problem as I'd had a 2 shakes at home before leaving at 12, and no other pack and had had no time to fit in a bar or pack. I ended up having most of a bar sitting with my mum and sister, just having a bite when no one else was looking. Mum kept saying 'stop eating! stop eating' at me and I had to say look I HAVE to eat this, it's pack 3 and I have to have it to stay on plan and have the nutrients etc. I think she is so used to me overeating she can't just see me eat and not say anything. Anyway I didn't enjoy it, I had to leave a bit as everyone came to say good night then I cleaned my teeth before I realised I hadn't finished.

So tuesday, day of funeral, everyone was milling in the kitchen eating. I grabbed a bowl, spoon, water and did my mush in the dining room! Looks ok as a breakfast choice I think. The wake was tricky again, no chance to make a pack and saving the bar for the train home so I had.... some salad, as in most of the garnishes from the sandwiches! I grabbed a tuna mayo sandwich and scooped out the tsp or so of filling, yum yum, dad had the bread. Then I had a major yummy treat- the middle of a very small pork pie slice, just the meat which is an acheivement in itself as usually I would have had 6 slices or something. I ignored the crust, didn't touch the chips or HUGE plate of scones with pots of jam and cream. I had no bread, no quiche, no cheese, no alcohol, just water. I can do this!

BL bar on the train, nice treat. Then home to a couple of pickled eggs, some cockles (needed eating, happy to oblige!) and a choc shake. Some of my beauty products came- oils to try the oil cleansing method, lipbalms, and Mythic Oil samples from ebay to try on my hair. So far so good! On the way home I also got samples of Bodyshop primers, she gave me a nice amount to try maybe three days in each pot so I'll see if they agree with me! So far so good, am wearing vit c primer today (smells lovely, which I'm unsure about as I have sensitive skin!) with Bare Minerals over (got a sample on the weekend!) and Dior mascara, another sample, with £ shop eyeshadow. I am the queen of cheap!

My parents and sister really noticed my weightloss, no one else did because most of them saw me last during my last weightloss so I was only 1st more than I am now. That was as thin as I ever got though, till now. I wore this Black/Ivory Leaf Print Dress - View All Dresses - Dresses - Womens Fashion - Wallis in a blinking size 14! Admittedly I wore a cardi over... and a sucky-inny vest from Primark under but I wore it and was fine! With thick tights- and no shorts! I've alwasy had to wear shorts under dresses and skirts, even with tight on I rub :( but I was ok! And heels but I had to take them off on the way home!

Today has been good so far, I got my wedding invite for June! My goal date! I RSVP'd with my choice for the dinner- prawn and salmon with herb salad, and veg curry for main. I think they were lower carb choices than tomato soup with thick bread and chicken with potatoes and mushrooms. I don't like mushrooms anyway so would just have had the chicken! And yes I know that I'll be done with S&S by then, one way or the other, but I do want low-carb thinking to be a way of life. Alos I want to have pudding so will have less of starter/main to accomodate- glazed citrus tart with raspberries and mint syrup! Yum, I hope!

So all in all, emotional yes but I didn't turn to food. I had an uncomfortable meal but I didn't start eating then regret it later. I managed train journeys with water and a bar, that's big cos usually I'd go into M&S food or somewhere and get sandwiches or salad and sushi, and pork pies, percy pigs etc etc. Nope, nothing. I was seated right next to the buffet car, AND there was a trolley service but nothing!

This will power etc may not last but having it right then was brilliant. The best news I saved for last- I AM OVERWEIGHT! FINALLY! I am, today, 11st 6lb. 1lb under obese. I have reached a major goal at a terrible time of my life yet I did it and I really, really hope this doesn't tip me over like when I hit 12st, when I ate and ate and went over and it took me 2 weeks to get back. I can't believe I've lost 5lb so far this week! Since Saturday WI! I'd be so very happy to maintain that till Sat, but any further losses will be a bonus!

Right, off now to have a shake (haha, no, mush) and some celery as there are 4 bags in the fridge so I may as well get nomming.

Wonderful that you managed so well! And your dress looks lovely. As for being only overweight - how fantastic is that?!

Glad to here your home safe & sound. Hope daddy moosh is coping ok with his gall bladder pains xx. Congrats on becoming overweight. I remeber when i first read i was obese and it was so depressing so to go the other way it must feel absolutely fantastic im so chuffed for you xx

I'm at home, mwahahaha. Boss came home early, I have to go in 15 mins early tomorrow but today I go home 90 mins early- bargain!

Happy days, I got some Atkins bars in Tesco, I know I know not on plan but I'm happy and I fancied a change! I just had a choc orange one and oh it was lovely! I put it in MFP and it means all my fat allowance is used up today so no eggs later- good job I had no eggs or chicken at lunch!- but I still have a pack for 9pm within the allowance! And can have a bit of veg if I fancy it, woo. And I tried Dr Pepper Zero for the first time, hmmm very interesting. Sure I'll try it again!

Welcome back moosh, I did comment on MFP.
I'm slacking on here a bit, I've become addicted to MFP love logging stuff and checking my progress.
The Atkins bars sound nice, last time I looked they had good offers on them on the boots website. How much are they in Tesco? xx

Very expensive in comparison to S&S bars and Ultraslim! But worth it for a treat. Around £2 each, some jusy over some just under! Yes I'm slacking on here too, MFP is so much easier!

Powerbody do a box of 5 atkins advantage for £6.45. I love the bars but jus watch the total cal per bar. I try & stay about 170. I bought hazelnut crunch last time but they were 220 cals each

Moosh, there is always something in your posts that makes me laugh. This time it was this:

I sat while they ate and they chatted about a family friend who had lost a lot of weight then re-gained it. And then died. Thanks for that!

Just tickled my warped sense of humour I guess :)

Already said congrats re the overweight on MFP but I'm now saying well done on here too. Fantastic for you. The dress is nice and can be worn on a happier occasion next time hopefully. Definitely not one just for funerals.

Back