Mrs Potters Food Diary

Seriously don't believe the scales this morning...Lost 2 pounds! :D And its my last day at work! Hope this day continues as well as it started!

Thanks guys! Ali I start my new job on Mon. Starting to get nervous now! Any thoughts on this would he very welcome: once I weigh in I always re check on my work scales as they are in kg, I started doing it several weeks ago and altho I am always a couple of pounds heavier on them the amount I lose is always roughly the same but I used them this morning and on the I have actually gained about half a pound! What on earth? Now I'm confused! I always go with my home scales but should I this time? Can I still celebrate a 2 pound loss?

Thanks guys! Ali I start my new job on Mon. Starting to get nervous now! Any thoughts on this would he very welcome: once I weigh in I always re check on my work scales as they are in kg, I started doing it several weeks ago and altho I am always a couple of pounds heavier on them the amount I lose is always roughly the same but I used them this morning and on the I have actually gained about half a pound! What on earth? Now I'm confused! I always go with my home scales but should I this time? Can I still celebrate a 2 pound loss?

Go with your home scales hun x

Weighing first thing in the morning in your birthday suit is the ideal time :D

Up until now the work scales have always worked in tandem ... don't know what happened this morning :confused:

You have been working hard on Plan this week so take the 2 lbs loss - it'll give you a boost! :D

What's your new job doing? Same place or different?

Friday 18th March Green Day

B1: FF yog + small handful of blueberries
B2: banana bums with skimmed milk, coffee (hea + heb)
L: wholemeal roll (heb) filled with quorn stk pieces and one slice of Kerry low low (part hea), yummy bistro salad + SW coleslaw (1syn)
Dinner is going to be quorn fajitas. I'm going to do jules' idea.and use quark for spreading my wraps but I am going to add chives to it. Don't know how many syns yet as OH is to pick up wraps and it depends on what kind he gets. There will also be wine ;)

Last edited:

L: wholemeal roll (heb) filled with quorn stk pieces and one slice of Kerry low low (part hea), yummy bistro salad + SW coleslaw (1syn)
Dinner is going to be quorn fajitas. I'm going to do jules' idea.and use quark for spreading my wraps but I am going to add chives to it. Don't know how many syns yet as OH is to pick up wraps and it depends on what kind he gets. There will also be wine ;)

What on earth is a banana bum??

The quark is great on wraps- tasteslike sour cream. I mix mine with pickled red chillis sometimes too!

Last night turned into a bit of a celebration and i used the syns to prove it!

Ali, i am starting a new job with the NHS, i am a nurse and have been working with patients with learning disabilites for the past couple of years, i am not actually a Learning Disability nurse so this is me heading back to my remit i suppose!

Last night i had 3 small glasses of red wine, 2 x flour wraps with my fajitas and then i had some cake that was bought for me for leaving. I also picked at some nibbles at work though :(. Think i will say 55 syns for the whole day and draw a line under it.

The quark is great on wraps- tasteslike sour cream. I mix mine with pickled red chillis sometimes too!

I loved this with my fajitas, didn't miss sour cream at all! I also am really loving the quorn atm. Was actually thinking this morning how i have been eating so much more meat since i got together with OH. I was a vegitarian for years but started eating meat again in 2004, but never ate a whole lot and loved quorn. Tim was never into it so it was easier to just make meat dishes rather than two seperate meals. But now he is quite enjoying quorn too and i feel like i am getting back to my old ways of eating. I like it!:D

Saturday 19th March Green Day

Before brekkie went to a Body Combat class to try and work off some of those naughty syns from last night. Drank 750 ml of water

Brunch: quorn sausage + egg wholemeal roll (HEB) with ketchup (1 syn) Coffee + milk (part HEA), Some mango
Snack: strawberries, banana + blueberries + FF yog
D: quorn burger (HEB) + cheese (Part HEA), salad and SW chips. Ketchup (1 syn)

Last night turned into a bit of a celebration and i used the syns to prove it!

Ali, i am starting a new job with the NHS, i am a nurse and have been working with patients with learning disabilites for the past couple of years, i am not actually a Learning Disability nurse so this is me heading back to my remit i suppose!

Last night i had 3 small glasses of red wine, 2 x flour wraps with my fajitas and then i had some cake that was bought for me for leaving. I also picked at some nibbles at work though :(. Think i will say 55 syns for the whole day and draw a line under it.

You clever girl - what a worthwhile job :D

You could always flexi yesterday hun ... you were actually quite sensible and it could have been a LOT worse! Don't deprive yourself of syns completely to offset it ;)

Ali* said:
You clever girl - what a worthwhile job :D

You could always flexi yesterday hun ... you were actually quite sensible and it could have been a LOT worse! Don't deprive yourself of syns completely to offset it ;)

I would but I don't really understand how it works! I just continue as normal the rest of the week? Xxx
Oh and thanks!

I would but I don't really understand how it works! I just continue as normal the rest of the week? Xxx
Oh and thanks!

Yeah, my understanding is as long as you don't have a complete blow out and give yourself a target of syns, eg, 50, then the idea is to not deprive yourself of your usual 10-15 syns the next few days.

Have a look through some threads on the subject - I 'think' I'm right ;)

Have a lovely weekend xx

Yeah, my understanding is as long as you don't have a complete blow out and give yourself a target of syns, eg, 50, then the idea is to not deprive yourself of your usual 10-15 syns the next few days.

Have a look through some threads on the subject - I 'think' I'm right ;)

Have a lovely weekend xx

Oh goodness what a heated thread! Lots of debate going on. My understanding of it is, if i had thought in advance " i will be celebrating tonight so i will allow myself a maximum of 55 syns" that would be flexi synning. But because i didnt set a target its a binge or "off plan" because the point of flexi synning is that you exercise control. On the other hand, i personally dont feel i binged because it was planned and i was very controlled, i could have ate and drank a lot more but i made the decision and said no. It is very confusing and everyone has very strong opinions about it. :confused: I dont feel guilty about it though, like you said i can still allow myself syns this week but i will limit them as i would still like a loss on fri :D

Have a great weekend too!!

Oh goodness what a heated thread! Lots of debate going on. My understanding of it is, if i had thought in advance " i will be celebrating tonight so i will allow myself a maximum of 55 syns" that would be flexi synning. But because i didnt set a target its a binge or "off plan" because the point of flexi synning is that you exercise control. On the other hand, i personally dont feel i binged because it was planned and i was very controlled, i could have ate and drank a lot more but i made the decision and said no. It is very confusing and everyone has very strong opinions about it. :confused: I dont feel guilty about it though, like you said i can still allow myself syns this week but i will limit them as i would still like a loss on fri :D

Have a great weekend too!!

That's the impression I got from your diary entry .... which was why I suggested it. I've only done it once myself, at a time where it made sense on the day, IYKWIM.

Life's too short to over-analyse ;) We both take SW seriously so we are mature enough to know when to call it a Flexi.

xx

Gem_bear said:
Saturday 19th March Green Day

Before brekkie went to a Body Combat class to try and work off some of those naughty syns from last night. Drank 750 ml of water

Brunch: quorn sausage + egg wholemeal roll (HEB) with ketchup (1 syn) Coffee + milk (part HEA), Some mango
Snack: strawberries, banana + blueberries + FF yog
D: quorn burger (HEB) + cheese (Part HEA), salad and SW chips. Ketchup (1 syn)

Realised last night I hadn't had a full hea so had two slices of Kerry low low with my burger.
Drinks: approx 1100 ml water, dcoke
Syns: 2
Total so far: 57

Hi Gem!

Sounds like you've had a nice weekend! I love Low Low on burgers - I always have it with Quorn burgers and love the way it melts and goes all gooey! MMMM!

You're right about the Flexi Day thing. A lot of people go off track then say "Never mind, call it a Flexi Day" but you did the right thing to work out your syns. Apparently Flexi Days are meant to be for special occasions when you decide to do them in advance. I've never done a Flexi Day though as I always try to save syns for special occasions (which you're not really supposed to do either I don't think!) I also sometimes keep my syns low for a few days after a night out or whatever.

I think you just need to do what suits you best. Sounds like as you say you WERE in control the other night, and don't see why people on threads such as the one above get so het up about things... each to their own and whatever suits you and all that!

xxxxxx

Back