MrsDannyDyer's now proud Mummy to baby Jessica :)

How does the law stand with getting a job while being pregnant? The reason I ask is I did 4-5 months at the beginning of the year in a temp job. I was told if anything came up they would come back to me. Theres a job coming up term time and id need to be ready to start in 2 weeks. By that time I would be 19 weeks pregnant. Would I be obliged to tell them? As chances are i wouldnt get it if i did.....

I THINK once you're over 3 months you have to tell them, but they're not allowed to discriminate. If you speak to your agency they'll help I'm sure.
I think before the 12 week marker you don't have to tell them till after the acceptance of the job - so i.e. too late for them! lol
Have a look at Maternity Allowance - in case you qualify for it if you do more work.

2 more days to go of my antibiotics but still feel not 100%. My ears arent back to full hearing and pop n creak all d time its horrible. STill got a chesty cough like a smoker. The thrush is HELL. Don't suppose it will clear up until ive finished the antibiotics.

Apart from that im doing fine. Feel the baby just below my belly button now. Get a really sore back when sitting down. But dont have d energy for much.

Was supposed to be going away in the caravan this week. I really dont fancy it. OH is not happy to say the least. Had a huge argument about it yday. The last time we spoke he was going alone!! Just dont feel 100% and dont fancy going to toilet blocks for the toilet and showers. We only use the toilet in the caravan for emergencys n night time use. And the weather looks like it has to rain all week. Plus I still have lots to do to get the kids ready for going back to school/nursery next week. We wouldnt be leaving until after Rhiannon finishes her swimming lessons 2moro which is at 6pm. so would be late b4 we got there n got set up. so would only get 3 full days, its a lot of money for 3 days. Especially with a wee one on the way.

((hugs)) hope you manage to sort out whats going on caravan wise today. Do you have to pay if you don't go still?

Congrats on getting to 17 weeks! time really is whipping by.

Hope whether home or away that you feel better soon ((hugs)) I'm still coughing and have gunky nose (TMI) too. For the thrush have you tried just drinking loads of water? nothing else.. or cranberry juice? both are supposed to help.

Its a permanent job. And with it being term time it would be perfect. But dont think it would be fair to start then 4 months later finish for a year.

The thrush is really getting me down its just so itchy n horrible. been soaking gauze in with hazel n that does help for a wee while. I feel like the canestan isnt really helping much. My antibiotics finish 2moro, so hopefuly a few days after they finish the thrush will clear up. Puts u right off antibiotics. Have been meaning to buy the pro biotics drinks as they help. But everytime ive been to the shop ive forgotten them. It did take me 3 trips to the shop last week to remember toilet roll even tho that was what id went for in d 1st place. The joys of being pregnant.

Im definately not going away this week. Just feel rotten with my cough, ears and thrush. The weathers to be rotten. Diffrent if it was a static we were going to. But d thought of running to the toilet in d rain, and showers that will be cold just isnt appealing to me right now. OH is so not speaking to me at the moment. I just dont understand what the big deal is. His business partenr had asked him to go away this week hill walking in the caravan anyway. SO i suggested he do that instead, but as hes not speaking i dont no what hes going to do.

I had applied to join the samaritans ages ago. They called me back last nite to tell me the training group will start a week on thursday. Not sure what to do now. As u have to comit to so many overnites and so many hours. Which is ok b4 i have d baby. maybe ill go and do it up until i have the baby.

the training would be great and I'm sure with you being pregnant they'd help you fit hours in around the family.
I did a counselling course recently that would lead into counselling at such a place (I'm not a qualified counsellor) but haven't followed it up yet.
it's hard on the job front, I'm the same with training wanted to do something at college but I'm pretty sure it's impossible this year. :( Have even looked into a 1 year Welsh course that follows on from one I did in 2008 but with a newborn it's pretty impossible again.

Ahh well it's not long and our babies will be grown up eh! lol

Well we didnt go away. Oh went a long walk with Rhiannon on monday and i had a few hours to myself which was great. Then he took her to her swimming lessons. They got back and he decided he was taking us out for dinner. Went to a place with a nice park, but the park was closing soon. SO we sat had a few drinks then went somewhere else.

Last nite my parents watched the kids, and me n OH went to the bingo. Had a good nite. Was one number off winning £500 and the last number that came out was one number off mine!!! That would have come in so handy... After that we went for a kebab. It was great having the house to ourselfs. Oh and the bed. I ended up sitting up watching a movie. And hes going to try n take the day off work 2moro and take us out for the day. SO looking forward to that.

Sounds wonderful! Really glad he came around the dissapointment ((Hugs)) and that you worked things through. How lovely of your mum to baby sit Rhiannon and for you to have time together. I've only been to bingo once it was a giggle mind but years ago. Won £190 first go! lol had to share it with my mum and her mate though so wasn't as great as I thought it'd be when I shouted house! lol :p

Ended up going away in the tent for a few days to wanlockhead. Took lots of butchermeat for a bbq on d 1st nite. We were looking forward to just relaxing nice meal, play with Rhiannon, OH having a drink etc. ANyway the disposable bbq wouldnt light!!! :( So ended up having to find somewhere to eat. Talk about being in the middle of nowhere.. We found a nice hotel mainly for truckers we thought. Menu was basic and cheap but we enjoyed it. Then we headed to the swing park. OH took the dog a walk and me n Rhiannon played at the park. Got a row of OH for climbing of d climbing frame and going down the chute. You forget your pregnant dont u. We were having such a good time and no one else was around.

The next day we went to the mines museum in wanlockhead. Had a great day out. Well worth the visit. Only thing that ruined it was the rain. Will definately go back on a nicer day.

Woke up in the morning lying on the ground, all the air had come out the air bed lol This has to be the 3rd air bed this has happened to with us. So another one bites the dust....

When we were packing up the rain was torrential. So was soaked right through on d way home. Went or a bath. and heard OH shouting upstairs, when i pulled d plug out d bath for some reason the water was pouring through the kitchen ceiling into the kitchen. our 2 laptops were on the kitchen table and soaking. His is making a strange noise with no sound. Mine seems to be ok apart from the wee mouse bits not moving the curser. so had to plug the mouse from d pc in. fingers x it will correct itself.

Apart from that doing fine. Hadnt felt baby move much, but felt a few wee flutters today when im back in my own chair lol

Was showing Rhiannon a picture of a baby inside the tummy. It was funny seeing her reaction, she said is my baby sister upside down? I said yes and she said why is it not lying sideways, and her wee face was so funny. She shows such an interest, i hope that stays the same. Trying to involve her as much as possible as id hate for her to ever feel left out etc. I remember after my pal had her baby (she has a wee girl Rhiannons age too) and the 1st time we ever visited all she did was shout at her wee girl. It was sad to see as she wasnt doing anything apart from showing an interest in her new baby. SO that is my biggest priority that it doesnt effect her negitavely....

Aww had to laugh about the airbed sorry! lol
What a NIGHTMARE about the bath.. hope you sorted the source of the leak and are insured!! ((Hugs))

Also how sweet is Rhiannon - you are very very right to be concious to involve Rhiannon, bonding starts from way before they meet I think. I know with Erin and Adele I'm doing the same.
Are you taking her to your scan at 20 weeks? I took the girls and they loved it. Might be wise to show her some pics if you are as I didn't think to do this with Adele and I think she thought she'd see a REAL baby on the TV.. I had told her she'd see the baby on the tv, but hadn't thought to show her any pics of scans! lol She coped well but was a bit confused at first I think.

I havent had a date in for my 20 week scan yet. It will all depend on times. But very likely she will be there. She was there for my 1st when they thot it might be ectopic. But she thought the baby on the screen was her, cause i had showed her scan pics of her b4. I will be booking a private scan very soon which she can come to too.

I like that name Adele. Ive narrowed my girls names down to Ailsa or Adele...

I weighed myself last night and nearly had a heart attack. Ive put on all d weight id lost and another 7lb!!! No wonder we have been eating out a lot and i did have 3 chicken marylands last week. So really need to watch what im eating now and get the weight down a bit again.....

Hope your date comes through soon.
I also love the name Adele! lol Love Ailsa too - we had a foster baby a few years ago called Anisa which was pretty too. :) We didn't name Adele but it's a pretty name. :D

Sorry that you've gained back all your weight - but it's in a good cause. I'm teetering on trying to stay below 14 stone still! lol I was 12 and a half when I stopped my CD journey before Erin's birthday weekend. So not 'great' but am not too down as know I can sort it later. Important things are our babies at the moment.
((hugs))

Foned my midwife this morning to ask when my 20 week scan app would come in roughly to be told lanarkshire dont do a 20 week scan. They only do one between 13-15 weeks.... :mad: How bad is that. They dont have funding for it!!!!

OMG!!! just posted on your gender scan.
How weird is that.. ? when you think of the checks they do at 20 weeks. And the fact that i'm getting a re-scan tomorrow to ensure the heart is ok. Really weird they don't do a 20 week scan.
will your gender scan check everything or just a general scan and sexing?

No wonder the woman offered to rescan me with oh, there i was thinking its ok he'll see baba at 20 weeks anyway..... I think its outrageous. like u say they do a lot of checks. not sure what they will do on thur. but they do say to bring ur notes with u... so heres hoping they tell u all is ok etc anyway.. Thats what the midwife said u will need to go private if u want another scan. The cheek!!!

well i booked d gender scan last nite which is £79. If id known they didnt do a 20 week scan id prob have waited til around 20 weeks n got a more detailed one.

It says gender scan and Includes: Babybond well–being checklist, sexing of baby, thermal b/w images, to take home: so at least thats sumthing.

Rhiannons back at nursery at 1. Looking forward to the routine again. Barely walked the length of myself recently. Going to try and walk everyday. Just thinking wont be long until im pushing d pram with me..

I think they are flying by. When d wean finished nursery i was 10 weeks. My last scan did add a week. Nearly half way there!!! I just hope the baba is in a good position and they can tell d sex no bother on thursday.

Im so disgusted with my healthboard... especially as they are my employers!!! think im goin to complain lol

lol i get about 5 emails from diffent ppl every week lol i love readin them to see whats happenin with bubs and me... ive put on so much weight i weighed myself at d weekend and spent d weekend crying to my oh lol so defo watchin what i eat now. We were out for dinner everyday last week. and havin takeaways. and i was buying lunch out of places too so its no wonder

Back