MrsV's diary

our consultant is a big believer in EE but has only been with us for 2months now.
i joined SW in april and have slowly lost 1 stone with the odd small gain or maintain only here and there.3 weeks ago i went on hols and loosly followed the extra easy plan.i only put on 1/2lb.our consultant asked us all to try EE, so i did for the second week and gained 1 1/2lbs!
i have stuck to it religiously this last week and i have to say i feel certain that at wednesdays weigh-in i will have gained again.
my only reckoning to this is that i always did green but rarely had both HE's and only had full syns of a weekend.therefore i am actually eating more.
i really love EE because it is more of a healthy eating plan and somehting that could be stuck to for life.so, if i have maintained or lost i will have another go but if i have gained after 2/3 weeks of trying EE i should go back to green?
:break_diet:

Hun...I would give it another try. Do you have a diary on here yourself?? I will have a look in a moment to see and try and come up with some suggestions/ ideas for you. I must admit I was really skeptical about the EE plan and in a way I still am. For years it has been drummed into me that you dont mix the 2 and then suddenly you can?????
Im pretty certain that my loss this week was mainly down to the week before being my star week (I hold a lot of water!), but I am going to try EE again this week to see how I get on.
I wont be on plan over the weekend much, as I will be taking a lot of high energy foods with me up the mountain hike and have put in some mars bars (just in case). I'm luck in the fact that I dont mind having chocolate bars around me, as I dont get tempted!

Good luck at weigh in and let me know how you get on.

xxxx

LOL! You won't need mars bars on your hike, Mrs!!*tuts* ;) ! Plan your other foods for lots of slow-release energy. Take nuts and seeds. Far better for your blood sugar and energy. I'm tellin ya...you can do it on plan...you can! :D

Congratulations on the 7 stone!!! Woohoo!!!

this is 3rd week on EE and is my mid month time so not suffering with any bloating etc.

wed-EE
bf-scr eggs,ham,toms& beans.

1 shape ff yog.

l-pasta n sauce-chix & mush.

1/2 milky way(3syn)

d-cod,new pots &peas.kraft ff sauce.1tsp ex l mayo(0.5syn)
apple,nectarine & kiwi

s-2 sl w'meal 400g(small)toast(he b),1/2 tsp ex lf marg(1syn)

245ml semi milk(he a)

total syns 4.5.

thur-EE

bf-nana & shape

nana

L-noodles & mixed veg & beans medley
shape yo.

1 x alpen light bar(1/2 he b),10 jelly bears(2.5 syns)

d-tuna,p'eggs,salad & 2tblsp ex l mayo(2.0).1 ferrero rocher(5.0).shape yog.

skinny cow milk drink(2.0) & 1x alpen light bar(other 1/2 he b)

210mls semi milk from he a

total syns 11.5.

fri-EE

bf-scr eggs,mush &grill toms.

fruits

L-garlic & herb pasta n sauce with mixed beans and veg added.

1x alpen light bar(1/2 of he b)

D-steak in spices and soya sauce,salad,1tsp ex l mayo(0.5 syn)sw chips,muller light.

1 x alpen light bar(other 1/2 of he b)

3 red wine measured-18 syns.

80ml semi milk

total syns 18.5 .
went over by 3.5 syns but was under thurs by 3.5 so used those.

sat-EE

bf-eat smart saus,len bacon,scr eggs,toms,beans & mushrooms.

1 xalpen lite bar(1/2 heb) & satsuma

L-rocket lolly(4.0 syn),nana,1 x alpen lite bar(1/2 he b),diet coke.

D-hm wholegrain rice,chix & cashews takeaway(8.5 syn),6 chips(2 syns) & 1 tbsp curry sauce(1.0 syn).

60ml semi milk.

total syns-15.5

sun-EE

bf-nana

D-beefchix,mash(marg 1/2 syn),veg & gravy(1.5 syn),roasters-2(5 syn).

T-chix kebab in tikka marinade(1 syn)mush and peppers and courgettes with sw chips.

1 x shape yog,nana and strawberries.
1 x ferrero rocher(5 syn)

100ml semi milk.
total syns-13.

mon-G

bf-nana,strawbs and shape.2x ryvitas(he b) &2 ch triangs lite(he a).

L-couscous & pasta with med veg & bean medly & 2sl wafer ham(1.0 syn)

1 shape yog & 6 wine gums(5 syns).

D-sw chips,eggs,eatsmart saus & b beans.1 tsp red sauce(1 syn),hm 1 syn rice pud(1 syn)

100ml semi milk.

total syns-8.

any advice would be helpful.thanx..

Mrs V - what a star!! Well done hun (can't rep ya, sorry) I'm so pleased for you. xxx

Pamella - just had a quick look through your food (sorry to butt in Mrs V), you don't seem to have a third superfree foods with all of your meals and you must do this to maintain good losses.

Pamela..I agree with Jaylou Hun. You need to eat far more than you are of the superfoods.
Also try not to just have a banana for your breakfast, it definitely is the most important meal of the day and jump starts the old metabolism.
Hellie the mars bar as a "just in case" I have some go ahead bars, some trail mix and some nuts too as well as some bananas, but the most important thing will be my water and after a breakfast with my "band" there may not be room for anything else anyway!

22/09/09 - EXTRA EASY DAY
Breakfast
Heinz Means chilli beans, egg, mushrooms, bacon.
2 tbs Asda eat smart tomato sauce 1
2 Alpen light bars HeB
250ml semi skimmed milk HeA
Banana
Lunch
Left over bolognaise with pasta
Mullerlite yoghurt
Apple, strawberries, blueberries
1 packet Asda cheese curls 3.5
Tea
potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, green beans, sprouts, cabbage, swede
Sainsbury lamb shank in gravy
100ml Tesco gravy granules 2

Total syns for day: 6.5

thanx ladies,i do have a hell of a lot of superfree when i do but admittedly perhaps not every meal.
the nana for brekkie over the weekend?well that was because we were on the go travelling thise two days so i figured it was better than nothing.
i will make a conscious effort thought to double check on superfree foods at avery meal.
thanx again.

Pamella congratulations on your loss this week Hun!!!!! Its still 1/2 a lb less than you were!

Morning all! Apologies for not posting at all yesterday...had a makeover pampering and photo shoot with MIL and had a fantastic time in Bristol. Normally I leg it when the camera is pointed at me, but I thought this time...what the heck! It was great fun! Yes, I would love to have been at target, but then...we are going to book another one for then anyway!
Tomorrow I leave to venture up Scafell Pike - scared, but excited at the same time!! Have yet to pack, but thankfully Hubby will help me out (he's already had me putting the tent up and down in the garden!)...so, I wont be here at the weekend, but I will report in on Monday.

24/09/09 - EXTRA EASY DAY
Breakfast
Fried bubble and squeak, Heinz baked beans, mushrooms (forgot my eggs!)
Banana
Lunch
SW Kheema curry with boiled rice
Mullerlite yoghurt
Apple
Strawberries, blueberries
1 packet Asda Cheese curls 3.5
Tea
Homemade beef stew with loads of vegetables

2 Alpen light bars HeB

Total syns for day: 3.5

Nerves are good Mrs V, the adrenaline always helps! Enjoy it, take it nice and steady and enjoy the view from the top. Hope the weather is good for you and good luck. xxx

Thank you Jaylou!!!
As the clock is counting down to the end of the day, my stomach is tightening, but with excitement!

Have a fantastic time! Weather should be ok but it's the lakes, so prepare for a few showers and misty tops! You will feel such a sense of achievement at the top...and when you get back down :) Good luck hun, hope you nail it xx

I did it!!!

Thought I was going to die!!! It was the steepest most difficult thing that I have ever had to face. But I did it!
The hardest part was climbing back down. The boulder field was slippery, steep and crumbling under foot.
Anyway, ache like mad today, but for my efforts I have lost 1lb!!!! How pleased am I???? Im over the moon!!!

28/09/09 - EXTRA EASY DAY
Breakfast
Bacon, baked beans, tinned new potatoes, eggs, mushrooms
3 slices WW brown bread HeB
Banana
Mullerlite yoghurt
Lunch
SW homemade ham minestrone soup
Strawberries
Tea
Chicken roast dinner - swede, carrots, sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, green beans, broad beans, potatoes

Total syns for day: 5.5

:happy096:

That's brilliant. And a loss to! :woo: well done. I knew you could do it!

Morning all!...well just for another 10 minutes!
I am still aching like mad this morning, so apart from walking around the office for a bit, Im not doing the gym until my legs feel able to handle it! Lol.
Still on a natural high and loving it! My next challenge is to build up my stamina and strength to even contemplate the 3 Peaks next year. What didnt help this weekend was the fact that we walked for 7 hours solidly.

Anyway, I loved thorough it!

29/09/09 - EXTRA EASY DAY
Breakfast
Heinz Means chilli baked beans, mushrooms, quorn sausage, egg, tinned new potatoes
Banana
Muller lite youghurt
Lunch
SW Ham minestrone soup (didnt eat it from yesterday)
Strawberries, blueberries, apple, orange
Tea
Lamb escalopes, broad beans, potaotes, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, sprouts, peas
71g ready to eat dried apricot HeB

1 Alpen light fudge bar 3

Total syns for day: 8.5

Your EE menu's are fab hun! I like the idea of the beef stew, think i'm going to have a go at making it so I can eat it for a few days like you have! Your doing great :D x

Thanks Sarah-Jayne...I love it!! When the potatoes boil down and make it go all thick...hmmmm!!! Think I may have to make another one soon! Lol

I made it up, but its just potatoes, carrots, leek, turnip, swede, parsnip, onion and stewing beef in a pan of water with 4 beef oxo cubes and 2 veg oxo cubes. Bring to boil and then keep it on a simmer until beef is tender and falling apart.
I usually find that if I make it the evening before and cook for 3 hours and then 2 the next day its lovely! Season to taste.

Back