Munchies and Madness- my food diary.

PhotoGrid_1490789814955.jpg

Oops haven't updated in a few days!

Wednesday I met up with a friend and her baby in Costa- I was good and just had my latte despite her insistence I joined her and had a cake!!
Instead I lost a different kind of pounds in the Mothercare sale!!
Also got the new variety of microwave veggies in Tesco (little steam bags) and the beetroot, kale, sweet potato and broccoli one is delish!

Wednesday's food (29/03/17)

B- Nothing.
L- 2 LC triangles (2syns) and ham on toast (hexb) Strawberries. Apple. Muller light. Banana.
D- Chicken breast stuffed with 2 LC triangles (2syns) and wrapped in bacon. Tesco steam veggies. Roasted potatoes (1.5syns for spray oil)

Snacks- Pickled gherkins and beetroot. Cheetos (3.5syns) Satsuma.
Drinks- Costa latte (hexa+3syns for syrup) Tea (1.5syns for milk) Lilt zero. Sparkling water.

Syn total- 13.5syns

Fell off the wagon yesterday- not horrifically but went way over syns!
Problem was I'd arranged to meet up with my bestie for dinner at Nandos and if I have a planned cheat meal I lose all my willpower and end up eating the wrong things.
Also TOTM has reared it's ugly head so I am craving chocolate and sleep!!!

Yesterday's food (30/03/17)

B- Nothing.
L- Pasta with 2tbsp low fat green pesto (4syns), dry fried mushrooms and 40g low fat cheese (hexa). Overnight oats (hexb) Satsuma. Apple.
D- Naughty Nandos. Butterfly chicken burger. Halloumi. Spicy rice. Couple tbsp of sauces.

Snacks- Multipack wispa (8.5syns!!) Mini roll (6syns) 4 Mikado king (4syns)
Drinks- Tea (2syns for milk) Coke zero. SF squash. Lilt zero.

Syn total- 24.5 (!!!!!!) PLUS Nandos.

Oops *facepalm*

And I am so ashamed I skipped weighing myself this morning!

Made a recipe from Slimming Eats on Friday for turkey and rice burrito bowls and it was delicious (I added more peppers and onions)! The best chilli/ burrito homemade seasoning mix I've tried (personally I think the one of the SW website is vile!!) Will save me some syns on the packet mixes!!
I've never tried turkey mince before and it was so much cheaper than beef and naturally lean. Will be getting it again and possibly trying it in place of beef.

I still went over syns as had a few treats in the evening! Needed something sweet.

Friday's food (31/03/17)
B- Nothing.
L- Marmite and 3 LC triangles (part hexa) on toast (hexb) Muller light. 3 mikado king (3syns) Ham. Strawberries. Apple. Cheetos (3.5syns)
D- Turkey and rice burrito bowls (turkey mince, peppers, onions, spices, rice, chopped tomatoes) topped with cherry tomatoes and 20g low fat cheese (part hexa)

Snacks- Strawberries. 3 mikado king (3syns) 20 mini marshmallows (2syns) 30g SF fruitella gums (3syns) Grapes. Satsuma.
Drinks- Tea (2.5syns for milk) Fizzy water. SF squash.

Syn total- 17syns

Saturday was lovely sunshine in Bristol- did the food shop and then spent the afternoon at the park. Hubby went to watch his football team win their local league (he isn't playing due to injury) so I had a nice browse in the shops with the boys and waited for hubby in the pub with a lovely play area. I was good though and avoided a cider and nibbles in the sunshine and had a diet coke!!

Yesterday's food (01/04/17)
B- Nothing.
L- Leftover turkey and rice burrito bowl. Overnight oats (hexb)
D- Freezer chilli (3syns for Colemans packet mix) with rice.

Snacks- Mini twister ice lolly (2syns) 10 mini marshmallows (1syn) Jelly (0.5syns) Handful of crisps (3syns) Satsuma. Banana.
Drinks- Costa latte (hexa+3syns for syrup) Diet coke. Lilt zero. Water.

Syn total- 12.5syns

Another family day today- we were going to the seaside but the weather was a little overcast so we went to a softplay and a browse in the toy shop (according to Reece our house isn't full up yet so we need more toys!) Of course it ended up being a glorious sunshiney day so we played in the garden (which is the size of a postage stamp but at least it's outside space and has some grass!)

Today's food (02/04/17)
B- Half a banana.
L- Mugshot. Muller light. Grapes. Strawberries. Apple.
D- Chicken breast burger (hexb for roll. 0.5syn for EL mayo) SW coleslaw (red cabbage, onion, celery, carrots and 1.5syn for EL mayo) Sweet potato chips (1.5syns for spray oil)

Snacks- Curly wurly (6syns) Muller light. Banana. Satsuma. Kiwi.
Drinks- Tea/ coffee (1syn for milk) Mocha (hexa+3syns for cocoa) Lilt zero. Water.

Syn total- 13.5syns

So I'm getting sick again. Really bad cough and I'm soo dizzy... It came on quick so hoping it'll go just as quickly!
In the meantime it's hopefully SW friendly comfort food.

Tried one of the new summer flavour muller lights (apple and elderflower)- it's delicious! Would totally recommend.

Monday's food (03/04/17)
B- Nothing.
L- 2 LC triangles (part hexa) and ham on toast (hexb) Muller light. Grapes, apple, strawberries. Cheetos (3.5syns)
D- Chicken in schwartz spices. SW coleslaw (1.5syns for EL mayo) Sweet potato chips (1.5syns for spray oil)

Snacks- Curly wurly (6syns) Jelly (0.5syns) 10 mini marshmallows (1syn) Satsuma. Apple.
Drinks- Tea (part hexa for milk) Lilt zero. Fizzy water.

Syn total- 14syns

Dinner yesterday was a disaster- tried to make tuna and sweetcorn fritters/ fishcakes from the SW website but they were a major flop- didn't hold together at all so I ended up with tuna, sweetcorn and potato mush. So disappointing.
Honestly I'm not sure any recipes I've made from the SW website have been successful!!
I even made sweet potato chips to go with it but ended up eating them whilst trying to rescue my mush...

Yesterday's food (04/04/17)
B- Nothing.
L- 2 tesco sushi snack packs (3syns) Apple and satsuma. Overnight oats (hexb)
D- Tuna, sweetcorn and potato mush (1syn for spray oil) SW coleslaw (1.5syns for EL mayo)

Snacks- Sweet potato chips (1.5syns for spray oil) Cheetos (3.5syns) Carrots.
Drinks- Starbucks latte (hexa+3syns) Tea (0.5syn for milk) Fizzy water. SF squash.

Syn total- 14syns

Thankfully the dizziness has subsided but I'm still left with a horrid cough :( Sticking to SW though- although speed is suffering!

Bought some mini carrot and potato waffles (frozen) in asda- 100g cooked weight is 4.5syns (according to syn calc) and I was surprised how many I weighed out to be 100g (I was at 110g) Looks like LOADS. Hope my scales aren't out!!!

Wednesday's food (05/04/17)
B- Nothing.
L- Mugshot. 2 LC triangles (part hexa) and marmite on toast (hexb) Ham. Apple. Strawberries. Muller light.
D- 3 low fat asda sausages (1syn) Mini waffles (5syns) Kale, beetroot, broccoli and carrot steam bag.

Snacks- Cheese curls (4.5syns) Jelly (0.5syn) Apple. Satsuma.
Drinks- SF squash. Tea (part hexa for milk) Fizzy water. Lilt zero.

Syn total- 11syns

Weighed this morning and I'm at 14st4lb.

Technically I'm 1lb up from 2 weeks ago (when I last braved the scales) but that was when I barely ate for a week due to extreme anxiety attacks.

Still can't help feeling disappointed you my slow progress. The weight came off so my quicker the first time I tried slimming world and I was hoping to be seeing some difference by now- if anything I feel fatter!

I have a hen do abroad (Malaga) in June with my skinny mini cousin and her skinny mini friends, a friends wedding also in June and then the skinny mini cousins wedding in July. I wanted to be thinner- not super thin (I'm not deluded! I know my body shape!) But at least be comfortable in my pretty clothes.
And I have a week in Butlins (kiddie week!) in May and wanted to not get mistaken for a whale in the pool...

Sorry been so quiet Lisa! Everything is so busy at the moment.
It sounds like you're doing really well to stick to plan despite feeling poorly and the disastrous SW recipe- I'm sure I would've headed to the chippy so well done!
June is still a fair way off and you can get some decent losses in between now and then, but I know the feeling re the skinnie minnie friends :-/ especially at the moment with my expanding stomach lol. I'm still in the awkward stage of not being totally comfortable bump-wise and just feeling a bit porky lol.
I'm on a hen do this weekend too in Chester- we leave in three hours and I haven't even decided what to wear, never mind packed my bag.
Hope you have a lovely weekend, forecast is fab so enjoy the sunshine with the kiddies :) X

Hey Lisa! I've just read through your diary and I'm feeling pretty inspired (jealous?); your food looks delicious and you've been sticking to your plan so well :)! Don't let your weight hold you back from enjoying yourself and making memories, I know how you feel but it seems like you're in this for the long haul, so try not to get too caught up in reaching your goal to the point where you're missing out in the meantime. Don't forget you still have a couple more months until Malaga to make a little more progress, and what you've done so far is amazing! The most important thing is your health, both physically and mentally. Keep taking good care of yourself, eating well and doing what you can to cope with the anxiety, and you WILL get there!

And your kids are adorable, by the way ;).

Poppet- definitely understand that things are busy! I barely have time to scratch my nose (or other extremities!!) I remember the podgy stage very well! Just remember it's not fat- it's your body making room for a baby!! Soon you will have a beautiful defined bump- as cliché as it is to say, you will miss it when it's gone!

Thank you so much Eastern Indigo- it's really kind of you to leave such sweet comments. It's always nice to hear that you are doing well from someone else!!

Busy weekend with the family- weather has been beautiful so we went to the beach on Saturday. I was reasonably good... Had a small fish and chips on the seafront (yes I was naughty and ate the batter) and had an iced frappe from McDonald's but I resisted the ice creams (hubby and Reece had 2!!) And had an iced Costa latte, special k bar and strawberries for a snack! It could've been much worse!

Catch up food diary time!!

Thursday's food (06/04/17)
B- Nothing.
L- Mugshot. Special k bar (hexb). Apple and satsuma. Cheddar babybel (3.5syns).
D- Pasta with ham and cheese (65g low fat cheese hexa+4syns)

Snacks- Jelly (0.5syn) 10 mini marshmallows (1syn) Banana. Satsuma. Boiled eggs.
Drinks- Tea/ coffee (2syns for milk) Lilt zero. SF squash.

Syn total- 11syns

Friday's food (07/04/17)
B- Nothing.
L- Multigrain ryvita (hexb) topped with 3 LC triangles (part hexa) and cucumber. Pink and white (2.5syns) Pepper. Apple. Satsuma. Muller light.
D- Freezer stock quorn and bean bolognese with pasta.

Snacks- Cheetos (3.5syns) Mini twister (2.5syns) Grapes. Boiled eggs.
Drinks- Tea (part hexa for milk) SF squash. Fizzy water.

Syn total- 8.5syns

Back